搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 女拔落敗感言
樓主: YLMom
go

女拔落敗感言   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-12-21 09:04 |只看該作者
回復 YLMom 的帖子

我是個讀村校(中學和小學)大,亦入了中文大學的沙田人。我同事很多讀名中學(拔萃等).我覺得自己和他們沒有分別。take it easy.

22#
發表於 11-12-21 09:05 |只看該作者
hi YLMom... let's prepare for p1 next Sept after new year... i am so proud of my daughter who has got chance of 2nd interview though failed finally.  The whole process is challenging.  If our girls will at the end meet at various universities in HK, why need to bother which primary schools they are studying at? As far as they have lovely and supportive family members like us is good enough...
I will not treat this result as failure as our game just started! Never give up!

23#
發表於 11-12-21 09:33 |只看該作者
I know it is tough to swallow the feeling of "rejection" initially

Think about it this way, in our own life, we face "rejection" quite often, that does not mean we should give up and be pessimistic, Instead, you should all be proud of your daughters. They have all done very well.

In my workplace, there are lots of smart peoples (I m not one of them), but guess what, none of the smart or successful peoples in my workplace grad from DGJS. That's why I have again again emphasized here that offer from DGJS is not equal to success all the way through.

I believe Child Education is a lifelong process, this is just beginning.

Don't give all, stay positive, I am sure all your kids will have a bright future :)

點評

ANChan59  Positive and constructive.....  發表於 11-12-21 13:02

醒目開學勳章

24#
發表於 11-12-21 09:43 |只看該作者

25#
發表於 11-12-21 10:27 |只看該作者
I feel that is such a relief... though we got a rejection letter.

26#
發表於 11-12-21 11:09 |只看該作者
回復 YLMom 的帖子

YLMOM,

好多謝您的分享 。下年就到我的囡囡去考DGS ,我太太講有壓力,希望佢好似您咗positive!  其實您的囡囡有second in已經好叻。祝願您的囡囡有更好的offer!
Merry Christmas!!!

27#
發表於 11-12-21 11:17 |只看該作者
回復 YLMom 的帖子

Hi YLMom,

我們的女兒入到 2nd in 都已今人非常鼓舞, 始終結果不是由我們大家來控制的, 我亦一早打定輸數, 故此收到信後都無失望, 反而會提醒了我還可以再有進步的空間. 不被取錄亦不代表我們的小朋友不夠好, 所以大家都不用太灰心.
你囡囡在我心目中已經好 outstanding... 大家一齊加油, 上天自然會有一個好安排給每位小朋友.

28#
發表於 11-12-21 12:30 |只看該作者
lovelydad, hope you will note this message. Many thanks indeed for your encouragement.

Indeed, it's a good learning process. But sometimes, we as parents also hope a easy wayout to enter the elite school now and so no need to fight again 6 years later.  That's also why elite schools entrance is very competitive.... that said, we should get prepared for the journey ahead.
many thanks for your support as we do treasure and appreciate a lot during the anxious period.

29#
發表於 11-12-21 12:32 |只看該作者
My daugther was rejected P1 by DGJS six years ago,she is now in HYPS and study hard,and is ranked  A grade
.She will be HYS student in the comming summer.
My friend's daughter was asked to leave DGS when she was at F4.she then moved to UK study,and now she is the student of HKU by the result of GCE which she got in UK.

30#
發表於 11-12-21 13:39 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Angelakibb 於 11-12-21 13:40 編輯

回復 mmnn 的帖子

Your message is encouraging to us !
I also think my girl's ability plus the support / resources that can be offered from my family matches better with other good school than DGJS.

I'm too greedy to have the fake hope from day one ...

31#
發表於 11-12-21 14:01 |只看該作者
回復 Angelakibb 的帖子

I like your line.  

"I'm too greedy to have the fake hope from day one ..."

I have the same feeling too.  I never thought that my girl would enter a top school at the start of this game until a hope came along with the 2nd interview chance for DGJS.  

32#
發表於 11-12-21 15:22 |只看該作者
回復 truthmr99 的帖子

When we were kids, we were quite used to adverse environment.
When we become parents, somehow because of our love for our kids, we tend to help them to get the easiest path.

I remember I attended a friend's wedding long time ago, the 牧師 said our job as parents is not to get the golden road to success for our kids, our job is to teach them how to survive thru adverse environment

Everyday as I live my life, I keep reminding myself that should be goal

33#
發表於 11-12-21 16:43 |只看該作者
我個女interviewDGJS and 大坑真光撞到正一正,但我們選了in真光! 都吾知正不正確!! ha...ha..... 不念了

34#
發表於 11-12-21 22:42 |只看該作者
回復 YLMom 的帖子

YLMom,

Appreciate your beautiful mind! May god watch over us all the way.

Leelilili

35#
發表於 11-12-22 06:52 |只看該作者
回復 truthmr99 的帖子

I sincerely hope after a few years, you will feel better. Some parents may think getting into DGJS is a golden ticket to success. Trust me, that's not the case. After getting in, parents continue to provide lots of support and extra curricula activities to nurture their kids.
I sincerely believe as long as you put your heart and dedication to educate your child, whether she is DGJS is not most important thing.

A friend of mine made this comment a while ago " the good thing about P1 application is to give him the chance to really know his son". When he helped his son to prepare the portfolio, then he went thru all his sons photos, etc.

36#
發表於 11-12-22 09:27 |只看該作者
回復 LovelyDad 的帖子

Dear LovelyDad,

Many thanks again.  The family feels better and were more relaxing yesterday after intense pressure of waiting. I am sure many parents shared the same here.  As parents, we also get prepared for the private school we are heading for.

Truly appreciate  your support. Hope your girl enjoys her study at DGJS.  I am sure you are a devoted dad and so she will be successful not because she's studying at DGJS but because she's got a great dad!!!

Merry christmas to you and your family!!

37#
發表於 11-12-22 09:31 |只看該作者
Ha ha, I am very happy to see that many of you share the same feeling as me!  Thanks a lot!

By the way, anyone will join SFA next year?   I guess we will gradually "fade out" from this DG topic later.   I hope I can have some friends to talk to under the SFA topic and have a new start .........   {:1_1:}

38#
發表於 11-12-22 10:00 |只看該作者
YLMom 發表於 11-12-22 09:31
Ha ha, I am very happy to see that many of you share the same feeling as me!  Thanks a lot!

By the  ...

Basically, I didnt get any offer from SFA (It is becoz the DGS and SFA in the same time slot) But I m glad to meet frd like u.

Haha, u know, from the 1st day of application, use registered mail to send the form, but I use normal way, on the interview day, I planned to give up to go interview becoz I got 3 same timeslot, but at the end, I go TL then taxi to DGS(I hardly to believe that no traffic jam in harbour tunnel). For 2nd in, I got the photo copy result slip to attain interview....... So, I m not a well prepared parent, fail is the oucome for all causes......

It is deep in my mind before, DGS is not my cup of tea, I dont want my daughter to follow my path, study in band one school and with a spiral hell training and keen competition.....(Luckily, I got in the so called elite class, but I m the bottom of this class) That's y I planned to let my daughter to study international stream when she was in K2.

But I m reli dunno when I had changed my mind and wanna she go back to the traditional stream.......  

When I saw my daughter grow up with a good pace in these few months, I m glad to see and appreciate for her improvement.....

Now I need to re-design for her future, so far I'd got St clare's and HKUGA offers on hand (still waiting for CKY result)

Hope every parents here can appreciate for yr daughter's performance, there is a long long way to go in the future..... Cheer snad Merry Xmas~~~~~~

I hope we will be friends in EK in the coming future and share our view for each of us

39#
發表於 11-12-22 10:54 |只看該作者
回復 khashley 的帖子

Appreciate all moms shared the feelings here, it is hard to fade out at this moment, we decided to let our daughter to study at st. Clare too. Hope it is good for her!
怕你長得太快,不夠將你看仔細 怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大!

40#
發表於 11-12-22 11:06 |只看該作者
blueroselam 發表於 11-12-22 10:54
回復 khashley 的帖子

Appreciate all moms shared the feelings here, it is hard to fade out at this m ...

nice to hear some pre-St Clare's parents here!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖