用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 唔讀ESF kindergarten係唔係連interview ESF primary sc ...
查看: 6581|回覆: 22
go

唔讀ESF kindergarten係唔係連interview ESF primary school 的機會都無 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-12-29 12:49 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
唔讀ESF kindergarten係唔係連interview ESF primary school 的機會都無? 我想幫個仔報kowloon junior 但係讀 Tutor Time ,亦唔想太遠送佢去WKS or Tsing Yi ESF kindergarten。想問讀TT考入ESF primary school 的機會有幾高?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-12-29 15:03 |只看該作者
你不如問下TT校長, 每年有幾多人有INTERVIEW及大約多少人入到ESF的PRIMARY

3#
發表於 11-12-29 15:53 |只看該作者
not include those have sibiling in ESF wo,

4#
發表於 11-12-29 16:43 |只看該作者
多謝你們的建議。之前聽D朋友講話如果唔讀ESF kindergarten 連interview ESF primary school 的機會都無。好驚呀!我個大女就係第一屆 ESFTsing Yi 的畢業生,雖然有interview的機會,但係一樣唔收,本來唸住山長水遠走去青衣做白老鼠,加上又係第一屆點都會收掛,點知到頭來搞到好徬徨,四圍搵其他國際學校。已經是十年前的事了,但係真係好怕。真係要問下 Tutor Time 考kowloon junior 的往績先。

5#
發表於 11-12-30 00:16 |只看該作者
As i know, KJS took a lot of kids from "not ESF kinders" on last year, which is Anfield, St. Cat, kentville, Funfil..........

6#
發表於 11-12-31 01:40 |只看該作者
Really?  are those kids with siblings?
My boy and his classmates wtihout siblings from non-ESF IS KG were not offerred any interview chance last year.

7#
發表於 11-12-31 07:14 |只看該作者
Hayden, as i know, same as what u said

8#
發表於 11-12-31 10:41 |只看該作者
回復 FennieMan 的帖子

No offend to your information. But, i do not think so.

If you know the admission priority, you will know it is very hard for those you mentioned kinders''childred to get a inteview chance. Even one of my kid's class mate(ESF kinder) with sibling in KJS got no interview place in this year,
you can imagine how keen is the competition .

9#
發表於 12-1-4 01:41 |只看該作者
My daughter is going to tt and my aim is Esf wks and then Rc.

Tt admin told me many of their student applied Esf kinder or Esf primary but didn't mention the acceptance rate from esf.

I also heard Anfield and Boxhill had lots of students applied Esf as well.
Am a bit crazy, my girl is going to tt pg once a week and Boxhill pg once a week (starting march) and I also applied anfiled pre-k for her. Just in case Esf kinder doesnt accept her I still have Anfield as back-up.

Anfield, tt and Boxhill which has higher chance to enter Esf kinder and better English base?

10#
發表於 12-1-4 14:09 |只看該作者
My son is studying in BOXHILL Nursery now, he got an offer from WKS last month.

點評

SiuSiuPang  Last month? Do you mean you got letter for play visit? Because I got the letter for play visit and will go tomorrow.... Or is your child "Cat 1"?  發表於 12-1-13 10:30

11#
發表於 12-1-4 22:10 |只看該作者
回復 jujuxxx 的帖子

Of course i know the admin priority!  My girls from ESF TY as well!  I don't know what happend on this year, what i'm mentioned was last year's result!  Believed or not, up to you!

12#
發表於 12-1-4 22:32 |只看該作者
回復 FennieMan 的帖子

Sorry to say that i dont believe it.

Based on ESF priority critiria , first priority is given to cat 1 applicants , and then, ESF siblings, ESF kindergarten students etc..

I cant believe there are lots of cat. 1 children in your mentioned kinders. Then, by what reasons ESF primary school will offer places to them rather than those who fulfil the requirements?

13#
發表於 12-1-5 09:39 |只看該作者
FennieMan 發表於 11-12-30 00:16
As i know, KJS took a lot of kids from "not ESF kinders" on last year, which is Anfield, St. Cat, ke ...

It sounds weird! KJS is one of the most competitive ESF primary school in international stream.  The students from St. Cat, Kentville, Funful seem to be Cat 2 and they would not even have a chance of interview. "a lot of kids" is not true.
However, KJS would accept Cat 1 kids/siblings from int'l kindergartens other than ESF.

14#
發表於 12-1-5 13:58 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 12-1-5 14:00 編輯
FennieMan 發表於 11-12-30 00:16
As i know, KJS took a lot of kids from "not ESF kinders" on last year, which is Anfield, St. Cat, ke ...

Unless those students got sibling in KJS and lied about the "local" kindergartens they attended, they would not be given any interview chance at all, no matter for last year or this year.

15#
發表於 12-1-6 09:48 |只看該作者
回復 strayteddy 的帖子

I also doubt if the local kindergarten children actually have a chance for interviews.  The children cannot lie about their local kindergarten backgrounds because parents would need to submit the most updated school report at application and at interview.

Besides KJS catchment area is full of children of alumni and siblings, particularly in the Indian community who don't send their children to ESF kindergarten.  Many of them send their children to Anfield.

16#
發表於 12-1-6 10:04 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 12-1-6 10:04 編輯

回復 Vianna33 的帖子

If your ultimate goal is RCHK, which is a PIS, it's different from traditional ESF primary schools like BHS and KJS.  RCHK does take many children from local kindergarten, hence.... it doesn't matter which school you send your daughter to.  RCHK does not go by category priority, but being in an ESF kindergarten puts you in priority for being interviewed

However.. if you are looking at BHS, KJS, SJS etc... you definitely need to be in an ESF kindy if you don't have any other priorities.  Mind you... many Cat 1 students who do not have priorities do not even get a chance for interviews during the first round this year (which is going on this week and next week).

We were in Tutortime WOW nursery 2 years ago, and out of my son's class who applied to ESF kindergarten, he was 1 of the 2 who got a place.  He is at ESF abacus while the other girl, who is also Cat 1, has gone to ESF WKS.  His other classmates have gone to St. Catherine, Kentville, Kingston, HKIS, AISHK, CIS and CDNIS.  These children whom I know have gone to international schools stayed on for K1 and then got into these schools with sibling priorities for reception.

Personally, if you are in Kowloon Tong, I would choose Anfield for kindergarten over Tutortime.  I don't think Tutortime is worth the tuition that they are charging.  Don't get me wrong, we were very happy at Tutortime but they were getting too expensive.

I hope it helps

17#
發表於 12-1-8 00:47 |只看該作者
Does anyone know how's the percentage for Anfield's kids  -> ESF primary?

18#
發表於 12-1-8 14:22 |只看該作者
As i know, may be more
BHS one
SJS two
KJS six
Is it a lot?
How abt St cat, kentville n Funful???
How many goes to ESF primary?

19#
發表於 12-1-13 02:35 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

20#
發表於 12-1-13 09:22 |只看該作者
lottieclee 發表於 12-1-6 09:48
回復 strayteddy 的帖子

I also doubt if the local kindergarten children actually have a chance for i ...
The children may be attending two kindergartens and obviously know Cantonese.  When filling in the application form, parents just put down the international kindergarten and say the child only speaks English.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題