用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 HELP!! Sha Tin Junior School vs Renaissance College ...
樓主: constancecheng
go

HELP!! Sha Tin Junior School vs Renaissance College揀邊間好? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-2-12 10:38 |只看該作者
How about SJS and ICS? My kid got both of the offers? Hard to choose! Any help?

22#
發表於 12-2-12 15:41 |只看該作者
I have 2 boys going to SJS, one is in year 5 and the other is in year 3. So far I find students' discipline is excellent,
even better than a lot of local schools.
The school rules are not very strict but they successfully foster a sense of self discipline among students.
The teachers are experience and patient.
My boys are not those what people regard as 'obedient', but so far they have been very good both at home and at school.

23#
發表於 12-2-12 16:45 |只看該作者
宏媽 發表於 12-2-12 15:41
My boys are not those what people regard as 'obedient', but so far they have been very good both at home and at school ...
This is an interesting point, many parents might equate obedience to discipline, but they are very different.

Obedience is obey and don't question, just do it because those who have authority know better than you. Discipline is understanding why the rules are there and agreeing to them.

Obedience is desirable and even necessary when a child is very young and can't reason properly, but it should gradually be converted to discipline as the child develops.

24#
發表於 12-2-12 17:04 |只看該作者

回覆:constancecheng 的帖子

I'm a parent of RC. Both SJS & RC are good in terms of teachers & curriculum.

The difference is size!

RC is a large school ( with primary sch & secondary sch) in the same campus. It's a bite crowded in the morning. Besides, the small kids should find their own way to survive-to have their friends, to cope with the challenges from big kids(basket ball or rugby in the court!)

I'm also headache with the behavior of the secondary students too. A few of them are very intimate at KCR. I should remind my boy don't behave like that all the times.

Besides, there are 6 classes in year one with 27 ppl in a class. Not easy to excel himself ( I mean my boy) in the class. However, he also learns that every one is unique and has his own strength & weakness.

Lastly, I'm quite confident with the academic performance of RC. The students in year 3 are amazing. As a parent helper in the class, I realize that the standard of the whole class is very high.

25#
發表於 12-2-13 06:59 |只看該作者
Thanks for all the comments!!!!!!

26#
發表於 12-2-27 20:58 |只看該作者
SJS my cup of tea.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題