用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Think Int'l School (Primary)
樓主: ILBC
go

Think Int'l School (Primary) [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-6-5 15:07 |只看該作者
I think it's not difficult to get a place from Lincoln Campus, especially the whole-day class since $9100/month!    Around $2000 more than that of other campuses of THINK.  It's probably because it's in Kln Tong!  
Interesting to notice that Yr 1 of TIS is just $7500/month!
Warmwind, now you choose Lincoln Campus UK(=K3) for your kid or CAIS Prep class?

42#
發表於 12-6-5 23:15 |只看該作者
My son nearly finishes his k2 in Anfield intl kinder, was accepted by Cais prep and Think (boundary) prep class. I intend to choose tis because more mandarin and Cais moving to 麗瑤。

I heard Tis Lincoin Rd charges so high wondering hard to enter as considering my 2nd boy apply it or not.

You mentioned Boundary campus has reception class, means prep class(year 1) or lower grade?

As your opinion, I m satisfied with Think except the 學校規模和活動

43#
發表於 12-6-5 23:58 |只看該作者
I see.
If your elder son studies TIS, the sibling will get the offer from Lincoln campus for sure!  But true, it's too expensive.  Half-day class is $5000 while WD $9100.  And may be even higher years later!  Or he can study Anfield or other KG first that the school fees are cheaper instead and then go back to TIS at Reception if you want.
At TIS (Boundary Street), youngest class starts with the Reception=K2, then Yr 1...

44#
發表於 12-6-6 00:05 |只看該作者
Warmwind, seems that you just target IS and only TIS/CAIS?  Why?

45#
發表於 12-6-6 23:39 |只看該作者
Because Anfied my son attent is intl kinder, most kids interview for primary from early k2. So do we. We also interviewed RC, but late for 30 mind and no chance.

We like 直資 dss/private schools too, that's why select Think for more mandarin and more close to dss schools. And we plan to let our son try 1 year here and see. What primary schools you choose for your daughter?

46#
發表於 12-6-7 01:49 |只看該作者
What did you mean by "late for 30 mind"?  You meant you were late for 30 minutes?
I'm going to apply RC this Sept for 2013 entry as my daughter is just 4.  But since the competition is very keen I'm not sure if she can get an offer among numbers of applicants!
Creative, HKUGAPS and SMC are my choices.  But my concern is that Creative and HKUGA (far from my home, my daughter may have to wake up at 6am!) are Chinese primary schools while SMC turns to be a bit traditional from higher grades according to the existing parents' information.  It's not easy to get accepted from these good schools, she'll be so lucky if she really gets any offer from one of these anyway!
Yes, that's what I like about TIS as you do.  But its school fees are much more expensive than that of DSS/private schools!
If you choose TIS for your son in the end, can you please share more info and valuable advice as an existing parent?

47#
發表於 12-6-9 14:55 |只看該作者
Yeh, it was 30 mins late.

Yesterday we had parents meeting at Anfield, my boy got high appreciation from his teacher. His teacher thinks my son suits IB program very much as he is always inquiring with enthusiasm. So we are glad to try Tis and Its IB program. Hope it is a nice school.

The schools you choose all are nice and hard to enter schools. Although DSS schools are fine, they are still under local teaching system, if choose RC or other IS schools, the system is really different.

48#
發表於 12-6-9 15:07 |只看該作者

回覆:Think Int'l School (Primary)

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

49#
發表於 12-6-9 17:02 |只看該作者
回復 warmwind 的帖子

我囡囡就同你囝囝有啲唔同,佢其實好多主意,能言善辨,但比較被動、要多鼓勵,要小組、小班上課時先可以表現出嚟,所以唔適合傳統教學方法。
我考慮直資私小係因為我冇打算送小朋友出國讀書,有時諗其實係咪讀返本地課程好啲囉。讀完IB,我驚到時兩頭唔到岸!

50#
發表於 12-6-9 22:01 |只看該作者

51#
發表於 12-6-9 23:33 |只看該作者
有朋友在2間都讀過,話funful好谷好填鴨,像傳統私小。think教學就很不同,啓發式。而且前者老師質素不及后者,聽講多是印度同菲律賓老師。

請問Think界限街Y1同林肯道UK都是5歲相當於K3的小朋友,是否只是行local同is的不同?學習standard唔知有冇唔同。

點評

ILBC  …因為有心讀國際學校嗰批都K2畢業走咗!當然林肯道本校生K3畢業先轉去TIS讀P.2都冇問題啦!  發表於 12-6-11 11:14
ILBC  冇得比較,因為學制和模式唔同。TIS係IB,用IB Learning Profile做中心;林肯道UK雖然都係活動英普教學,但係本地課程,主要準備小朋友銜接小學…  發表於 12-6-11 11:11

52#
發表於 12-6-10 01:28 |只看該作者
ILBC,

My daughter is also in K1 at Think Kowloon Tong- is she in the same class as yours :)? I was also interested in the IB stream for K2. But at the end of the day I didn't enroll her in any whole day class (IB and non-IB). The major reason is that the little one would probably still need a big nap in the afternoon.

I didn't make the IB Open House as I was out of town then. Would you mind sharing more about what you think of the KIS teachers? (So far I am happy with the Kindergarten teachers).

Thanks.

53#
發表於 12-6-10 08:09 |只看該作者

引用:有朋友在2間都讀過,話funful好谷好填鴨,

54#
發表於 12-6-10 17:40 |只看該作者
Yes. I am interested to know more about the teachers at its Primary School as it would be one of the options I would seriously consider for my daughter. Thanks.

55#
發表於 12-6-11 11:38 |只看該作者
回復 angela11 的帖子

我囡囡唔係讀九龍塘嗰間。
最後都係決定唔轉過去TIS reception,留喺度讀K2全日先。嚟緊會考RC,因競爭非常激烈,信心不大,唔得就再考慮TIS Yr 1定繼續K3考直資私小。
正如我之前話,TIS學生兩文三語好、自信、愉快學習,但唔好要求所有都好native。而老師都表現得好關愛學生,好清楚每個學生嘅長短處,但係呢啲都係我從Open House觀察得嚟,唔夠全面。真係希望有現家長或畢業生家長分享吓意見。
我小朋友依家放假都唔瞓晏覺,夜晚早啲瞓,佢冇問題。反而瞓咗晏覺,夜晚唔肯瞓,朝早唔願起身!

56#
發表於 12-6-11 14:57 |只看該作者
I see. Thanks for sharing!

57#
發表於 12-6-11 18:59 |只看該作者
回復 ILBC 的帖子

Thank you for coming!
I chose to go to Heep Yunn Secondary is because that I want to know more about different people and the other school I applied to is Tsung Tsin Secondary, I am pretty sure Heep Yunn is a school that could discover the protential in me. International Secondary Schools isn't bad, but I believe Heep Yunn is a school, because I could learn under pressure, because I would work harder.

58#
發表於 12-6-11 21:46 |只看該作者

59#
發表於 12-6-12 13:45 |只看該作者
回復 MelodyLam 的帖子

I was so impressed by all the great job done by the students, teachers and you of course! You're pretty smart that no wonder you can get a place at HY. I really consider TIS as one of my choices for my little one.
By the way, does the class teacher teach every subject? Are there any Arts, Music, PE teachers for example?
Wish you all the best to your new sec. school life and the competition in France!

60#
發表於 12-6-16 13:08 |只看該作者

引用:回復+MelodyLam+的帖子 I+was+so+impresse

原帖由 ILBC 於 12-06-12 發表
回復 MelodyLam 的帖子

I was so impressed by all the great job done by the students, teachers and yo ...
昨日我兩夫婦相量過,覺得tis(和啟思附屬小學)都太貴,一個月7xxx。

到中學時若入不到好的傳統中學,又要讀返is,中學學費又要一個月7xxx。入得中學is, 又要預埋入外國U(在英國4年錢大約120萬)。

計唔掂,應讀唔起tis 雖然有政府教育津貼(中小學一個月3200)。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題