搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Is SC Really A Wonderful School To U
查看: 4159|回覆: 32
go

Is SC Really A Wonderful School To U [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-12-20 12:46 |只看該作者

Is SC Really A Wonderful School To U

Is SC really a wonderful school to you ?  My son got accepted too and I registered on Sat but from Day 1 (date of the interview) my experience with them is not that great.  My interaction with the staff there has not been good, they are all very "cool", do you really think you child can learn happily in this school ?  just a thought.

I want to change from Essex Cr to Norflok Rd, the staff there asked me to write a letter to them but they also said the chance is very slim, anyone know if changing campus is possible ?  or will I be wasting my time ?  Thx   

2#
發表於 04-12-20 13:37 |只看該作者

Re: Is SC Really A Wonderful School To U

Dear Kau,

I also registered in last Saturday.  To me, from the interview till the acceptance, all the teachers I came across are nice and friendly.  I did not see any black face at all.

To certain extent, I think their arrangement is quite good and systematic.  I am satisified with the whole process.

Besides, I have a colleague and his daughter is also studying at SC K2, he told me that she enjoys her schooling very much and learns quite a lot of English.  He cannot sure whether she can spell out those difficult words shown in 新聞透視 programme, but she can pronounce it right.

twyam

3#
發表於 04-12-20 14:59 |只看該作者

由面試至註冊當日,SC的老師都很親切,安排恰當,給我的感覺很好﹗
另一方面,卻聽到很多負面消息,真打擊了我對SC的信心﹗嘗試去SC CHATROOM,發覺家長的訊息都很正面,我想還是會給女兒在SC的。
大家可否分享一下你們收到的消息﹗

4#
發表於 04-12-20 15:06 |只看該作者

I don't think there really is a school which can be described as "wonderful" and SC is no exception.  But what is important is really whether SC can accommodate my needs and expectations.  The answer is YES in my case.  

My experience with SC so far has been similar to that of tywam.  All members of staff and teachers that I encountered were very professional, friendly and helpful.  The first time I rang up the school was back in June this year (well before the interview).  I specially requested to speak to someone who could provide me with more information about their teaching approach, mission and other related matters so that I could get to know SC better.  I don't want to select a school for my son just because of its good name and high English standard.  I need to know MORE!  I thought nobody would bother to talk to me but to my surprise, a senior personnel called me back and talked to me for more than 15 minutes.  The person I talked to sounded very nice and approachable, and more importantly, all my queries were answered fully.     

5#
發表於 04-12-20 15:24 |只看該作者

我之前也是因為要調動面試時間,打了六七次電話到sc,但他們每一次都很耐心為我查詢安排,態度令人欣賞﹗
可是,我註冊當日,有人告訴我做sc的家長要懂送禮予老師,噢,匪而所思啊﹗自己作為老師,我認為是沒可能的,但為何會有這樣的流傳呢?好可怕﹗是否名校就會有這些謠言呢?

6#
發表於 04-12-20 16:42 |只看該作者

all parents,
Pui Ching, St. Catherine, Kentville, Man Sang, Alliance/Kln. Tong,St. Johannes, Victoria & Creative  which one u like most or priority for u.  any suggestions.
該用戶已被刪除

7#
發表於 04-12-20 21:28 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 04-12-20 23:38 |只看該作者

M&M,
    謝謝你的分享,因為我都很喜歡sc,我也知道這說法很不合理﹗經你的真實見證,我相信還是不要想太多了﹗謝謝你﹗

9#
發表於 04-12-20 23:48 |只看該作者

During interview and registration, all teachers and staffs I met were very nice. Especially the one interviewed my daughter. I was very nervious during interview as my daughter did not want to sit on the chair and I tried to push her to sit, but the teacher told me not to push and said my daughter will need some times to warm up. At the begining my daughter didn't answer the question, but the teacher talked to her patiently and then she started to answer. So my first impression of this school is very good.

Last week I called the school cause I want to know more about this school before register, but the receptionist who answered my phone sound not too polite. I hope this is the only bad example from this school for me.

10#
發表於 04-12-20 23:57 |只看該作者

My daughter is in SC K3. My experience is that most of the teacher is very nice and responsible. The ratio of 1 native english teacher in each class is really the key reason for me to choose SC. I didn't give any present to the teachers and my daughter was still treated well and her report is good.
[img align=left]http://www.fx-word.com/img1/20070115/1168850504I.gif[/img]
該用戶已被刪除

11#
發表於 04-12-21 21:40 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 04-12-21 21:42 |只看該作者

My daughter is also studying in K.3 in Norfolk Campus. :

13#
發表於 04-12-21 23:58 |只看該作者

Kau,
May I know why you want to change campus from Essex Cr to Norfolk Rd ?? I heard that Essex Cr is newer than Norfolk and there are less students and more roomy at Essex Cr.
Godzillap
:wave:

14#
發表於 04-12-22 09:45 |只看該作者

Godzillap,

Any real comparison between Norfolk and Essex campus ?? I have Essex PM class only. We never have a chance to go to Essex till 1st school day.

I think Norfork is really a bit old and tight for the classroom size.  Moreover, 7 classes in Essex may be a better size cos at least the headmistress may have a chance to know your child instead of 20 classes in Norfork (more like a factory). Creative branch school which my son is now in nursery has only 2 classes only.
How about student ratio?? I suppose they should be max. 1:20 in both campus as so many on the waiting list for each level.

15#
發表於 04-12-22 10:11 |只看該作者

Hi Godzillap

I want to change the campus because the Norfolk Rd one is closer to the MTR station.  There is no school bus service in my area so my son will have to travel with my maid to school next year.  The one in Esses is very far from the MTR station.  i am going to write to the school to see if they can change it. thx

16#
發表於 04-12-22 10:29 |只看該作者

Kau,
Where do you live?  My impression of the SC school bus service is that its coverage is very extensive.  Anyway, you do have a sound reason for changing the campus and it's very likely that SC would  entertain your request.  Good luck!

17#
發表於 04-12-22 15:19 |只看該作者

ChristyBBmama

HELLO!
我知道你的女兒是讀 SC   K3,我想問下讀這間學校有無感到很大壓力因為我睇完新聞透視後知道此校英文程度非常深?我個女出年就入讀 K1 ,我真的很害怕我個女會讀得很辛苦。希望你能解答我疑難?

18#
發表於 04-12-22 15:22 |只看該作者

thx for the luck.

Anyone already given up their seat at Kentville ?  I am still thinking about this but I paid for both so I can have more time to think about this.

19#
發表於 04-12-22 15:44 |只看該作者

Kau,
I have given up the seat at Kentville.  

20#
發表於 04-12-22 15:50 |只看該作者

Me too.

danielboy 寫道:
Kau,
I have given up the seat at Kentville.