41#
發表於 05-6-14 12:22 |只看該作者

Re: 天神嘉諾撒vs瑪利諾

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

42#
發表於 05-6-14 13:02 |只看該作者

I agree with billyM.

Look at Msma other postings, you can see that she likes to 'step down' other primary schools esp those top schools esp DGS and MCS on almost every irrelevant topics, but keep saying that Good Hope is excellent and 'low-profile'....
what's the point?   
i don't agree with msma that DGS and MCS are being "神話化". i agree that 抽獎入去的一樣有D 唔stable, but what does a good school mean?  A good school can try their best to teach and help the good and bad students,  just look at 視學報告 by government, they won't lie will they?  

43#
發表於 05-6-14 13:22 |只看該作者

我並無話過 good hope係excellent and 'low-profile'....,呢d係你講的說話詐,我中意乜學校,係我內心有把呎,並無必要同你解釋  !

無step down 其他學校窩,只講事實,唔好人地唔話 dgs mcs 係excellent 就話人地step down 因先得架 ! 

只係覺得太多人當呢兩間係super super 小學,真太神話化啦 ! 

老實叻的學校又點會比人 step down到呢 ?做乜一定要我去讚呢 ?

不過想話比人聽,好學校香港大把,唔認同讀得呢兩間小學就高人幾班 !

你唔agree我無所為窩!我都唔agreed 你話呢兩間係至超及窩 ! 唔通真要我話 "全講乜校都唔好去讀啦 ,讀mcs dgs 得架啦,呢兩間先係全港至勁架,讀得個d 個個天材,其他學校邊有得比呢 "哇!呢句我真係點都講唔出窩 ! 咁又問要咁講先arm 呀 先上來post 得message 丫 ?what is the point ?

留意視學報告 ?不如留意下政府係資源分配係幾大細超啦,超及名校(你地話個d) 得的資助一定往往比街坊小學多好多!
咁都出唔度叻人 ?真係唔該將所有資源比晒d 街坊小學啦 !

有25分唔去搏天神,而去博mcs?真係太冒險啦!
Msma

44#
發表於 05-6-14 15:38 |只看該作者

其實以上提到MCS,St.Mary,Good Hope,Holy Angles or St.Rose 這幾間都是好學校,大家各自有支持者,無謂爭辯啊,每間學校都有考第一 &考第尾的學生,但考第尾的學生亦唔可以話係唔勤力or唔好的,只在乎學校&家長接唔接受得到,同埋想小朋友在甚麽環境下讀書(活動教學、傳统教學)。政府話小學係無Banding分,其實真係騙人的,或者咁講,學校自己都有分Banding的,莫講話係家長。這是很殘酷的。有25分兼自己母校唔博,想博MCS都無可厚非,只不過千禧BB多,小心唸清楚啦。    

45#
發表於 05-6-16 02:56 |只看該作者

to a large extent, freedom of speech should be respected on public forum like baby kindom.  Different people from different background with different experiences will think differently and have different opinions.  We should welcome opposing opinions as these will really help us in making our decisions.
In my opinion, parents should not choose the 'best' schools for their children simply because the academic result is on average 2A at HKCEE or so.  It makes no sense at all.  Parents should instead pick a school that suits the child, pay more attention to teaching method and school culture, see whether the child can fit in well and go under pressure.
I am from a very traditional primary and secondary school.  I got only 3A at HKCEE because I was forced to take subjects that i was not interested in and was not allowed to wear earrings or dye hair or so.  I felt oppressed and was quite rebellious.  I got only 3A1D at HKALE because the Psychology class was full and I was forced to study English Literature that i hated.  I wanted to skip class to study but of course traditional schools would consider me a trouble maker.
Then I went to Canada to further my studies.  I dyed my hair for the first time.  I skipped most morning classes and felt really happy as i was finally freed from 13 years' of oppression.  I ranked third in my graduating class and got a medal when i graduated from faculty of Commerce at a famous U in Vancouver because I was free to choose whatever subjects i liked, and free to become myself again.

One's potential is unlimited, but you must put the seed in the right kind of soil with suitable weather.  Different plants have different needs.
Stop looking for 'good school'.  Look into your child and explore her/his inner potentials and find a SUITABLE school and environment.  
This is my case.  Sorry for the lengthiness.

A friend of mine, being a graduate from St. Paul's co-ed, also did not choose the school for her daughter as she did not think that her daughter could fit in well.  She went to less 'famous' school with different culture.  I really think that she is a good mother.  She understands that there is no 'Best school' for everybody and she fulfils her child's needs.
Some parents are pushing their kids too hard to famous schools for their own pride!!

46#
發表於 05-6-16 06:35 |只看該作者

BoBoCute 寫道:
In my opinion, parents should not choose the 'best' schools for their children simply because the academic result is on average 2A at HKCEE or so.  It makes no sense at all.  Parents should instead pick a school that suits the child, pay more attention to teaching method and school culture, see whether the child can fit in well and go under pressure.

A friend of mine, being a graduate from St. Paul's co-ed, also did not choose the school for her daughter as she did not think that her daughter could fit in well.  She went to less 'famous' school with different culture.  I really think that she is a good mother.  She understands that there is no 'Best school' for everybody and she fulfils her child's needs.
Some parents are pushing their kids too hard to famous schools for their own pride!!

Agree with the above.  But seems that in those top famous schools, due to the long history and public acknowledgement that they are "super super schools", students have a very strong sense of belongings, which cause them to have pride in their schools, and constitute the unique culture of their schools together, e.g. LS, DGS, DBS particularly have very strong culture.  I am not too sure about culture of MCS and St. Mary.  In some Canossian schools, only feel the culture of strong discipline, yet cannot feel the strong sense of pride and belongings very much...  

For me, I will choose the school which the kids can really enjoy learning in it, with nice and caring teachers, good studying atmostphere, various activities for all kids to join as they like, so that they can really study hard and play hard.

47#
發表於 05-6-16 09:35 |只看該作者

""" I will choose the school which the kids can really enjoy learning in it, with nice and caring teachers, good studying atmostphere, various activities for all kids to join as they like, so that they can really study hard and play hard. """"

then I am afraid only international schools or a few local schools can meet your requirement.

48#
發表於 05-6-16 10:02 |只看該作者

lamba,

Yes, you may be right.  Yet I see some kids studying in some regional local schools also enjoy their school life very much, not necessarily studying in very famous schools.  One example is 麗成浸聯會小學 at Tsuen Wan.  My daughter is also very happy studying in a local subsidized school in Kowloon, her school has above average academic results and also have a lot of activities for them to join.  I just don't like those schools which only allow those very top students to join the activities to win a lot of awards for the school, because this restrict other students to develop their interests and potentials.

49#
發表於 05-6-16 11:26 |只看該作者

Think about it.  An old girl should know the school very well.  She doesn't want her girl to study there.  What does it tell?

50#
發表於 05-6-16 11:36 |只看該作者

WYmom 寫道:
Agree with the above.  But seems that in those top famous schools, due to the long history and public acknowledgement that they are "super super schools", students have a very strong sense of belongings, which cause them to have pride in their schools, and constitute the unique culture of their schools together, e.g. LS, DGS, DBS particularly have very strong culture.  I am not too sure about culture of MCS and St. Mary.  In some Canossian schools, only feel the culture of strong discipline, yet cannot feel the strong sense of pride and belongings very much...  

Strongly agree with your analysis of the above schools.  I can add MCS, Good Hope and St Joseph's to those schools that can create a sense of pride and belonging. What do they have in common?  They all have a good environment and atmosphere for the students to develop their abilities outside the classroom.  They have strong sports teams and are active in interschool functions.

51#
發表於 05-6-16 12:36 |只看該作者

There maybe other reasons too.
I am an old girl of St. Mary's.  Although I really want my 2 girls to go to St. Mary's, but my in laws want them to go to St. Paul's co-ed as they think that i should find the 'best' school for them.  My husband wants me to choose Marymount for them as we live in Tai Hang and St. Mary's is a bit far away.  I am under their pressure constantly.  Whenever i raise up the issue about St. Mary's, they reject it.
After one sleepless night to think over the problem, I argued with my husband and i finally decided to pick st. mary's in first round with 20 points.  As 20 points cannot guarantee a seat in St. Mary's, I leave the chance of Marymount in 2nd round if i fail the 1st round.  I think this arrangement is not too unfair to my husband who favors Marymount.
But i still haven't informed my in laws about my decision!

52#
發表於 05-6-16 13:36 |只看該作者

其實一樣有 mcs 舊生個女唔入返mcs ,因舊生話佢理科唔夠好窩,第日做唔到醫生窩 !亦有 dgs 舊生個女唔去dgs 話學校要求高,同學好比較,好辛苦窩,亦有 ghs 同st mary 舊生個女無返去讀,話d修女過嚴窩! 咁個個人都有理由架啦,並唔代表間學校唔好窩!
Msma
‹ 上一主題|下一主題