用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK?
發新帖
查看: 7859|回覆: 5
go

Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-4 19:04 |顯示全部帖子

Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK?

Hi

Please let me know how you feel about ESF Kindergarten (Tsing Yi). I just received a letter of acceptance from the school and will go for an introductory tour on June 13.

I'm headache...
Situtation: Two weeks ago, my son got accepted by Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten (Kowloon Tong) for K1 starting from September. I like KBCK very much as its English level is really high. But yesterday I was informed of getting a place from ESF Kinder (Tsing Yi) for the intake of January 2006.  

My questions are:

Regarding English, which one is better? (KBCK or ESF Tsing Yi?)

My husband doesn't like British education very much. For me, I think ESF is good. Anyway,he prefers the Canadian one (like CAIS). If my target is CAIS, which one (KBCK or ESF Tsing Yi) can help more?

Will it be easier for graduates of ESF kinder (Tsing Yi) to go to ESF primaries? My son has no British passport, nor does he have any siblings in ESF.  

Please share your comments on ESF (Tsing Yi).

Minggrace

2#
發表於 05-6-14 10:56 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK?

Hi Salami

About my visit to ESF Tsing Yi, I agree with you that it's good to let kids aged 3-5 work together as they can help and learn from one another. That's good!

I'm worried about the set up of stationery (scissors). My boy is very naughty. I'm not sure how it runs for different activities which involve the use of scissors. How many teaching assistants are there in a group? Is it safe?

Yesterday, after the tour was a consultation meeting. I asked one of the staff (She looks like a Chinese but she speaks native English.) about the use of Cantonese among the kids and whether and how the teachers insist the kids to use English. She misunderstood my point and thought my boy could hardly use English. Then she taught me to start with Chinese explanation before the introduction of English as a way to help. Be frank, I was a bit disappointed to learn about the use of Chinese for explaining things before the introduction of English. I wonder if she understands Chinese and will use this kind of teaching method to teach kids at school. A purely English environment is what I'm looking for.

The school fee has been increased from $39XX to $4250; it's still acceptable. But does anyone of you know if there'll be in increase of the school fee of ESF primaries (not Yat Sun College)?

To me, the only advantage of ESF Tsing Yi over KBCK is the curriculum of Putonghua (about 20 minutes every day).

About the statistical figures provided by ESF Tsing Yi, only 11 kids out of 209 do not enter ESF primaries. The principal said that actually 4 kids out of the 11 kids passed the ESF interviews successfully but they chose to go to other international schools. That means, only 7 students failed to enter ESF primaries including Yat Sun College. Apparently, the rate is satisfactory. But I think quite a number of kids go to Yat Sun College, not the subsidized ESF primaries.

Like you, I'm still thinking whether to go for ESF Tsing Yi in the middle of the school year, as for me, CAIS is also my choice. If my kid stays at KBCK, I think he can still go to CAIS in the future.

Salami, let me know your decision through PM or mobile phone, ok?

Minggrace

3#
發表於 05-6-14 13:04 |顯示全部帖子

Hi salami

I'll need to be an examiner this afternoon till 6pm. Please call me after six. Talk to you on the phone.

Minggrace

4#
發表於 05-6-17 12:38 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all,

For me, my final decision is to pay the deposit HK$8500 first. According to the contract with ESF Tsing Yi (no refund for HK$4250 as the deposit), I suppose I still have half (HK$4250) refund from ESF Tsing Yi in case I decide to let my kid stay at KCBK after December. I'm "headache" about making a wise decision at this stage as the orientation is to be held on June 29 for KBCK. Frankly speaking, I don't know much about KBCK at this moment and just heard many positive comments from Baby Kingdom. I'm sure I'll learn more on June 29.

Minggrace

5#
發表於 05-6-21 08:49 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Cheryl

You mentioned about boys communicating in Cantonese when lining up. Do you refer to ESF Tsing Yi?

Minggrace

6#
發表於 05-6-21 10:32 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Cpmummy

Thanks for your comments.

Minggrace
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖