搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 油天 vs 培正
查看: 3038|回覆: 22
go

油天 vs 培正 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-12 17:38 |只看該作者

油天 vs 培正

Can anyone give comment?  my son is currently studying in 培正 kindergarten but I am planning to apply for 油天.  Is it a good choice?  Please help.

2#
發表於 05-6-12 20:01 |只看該作者

Re: 油天 vs 培正

why not stay in Pui Ching ?

3#
發表於 05-6-12 20:07 |只看該作者

I also think that it is better to stay in Pui Ching as it has very good secondary school.

4#
發表於 05-6-12 20:41 |只看該作者

I think both are good school and have similar % of brand 1 student now.  Under the current lucky draw system, it is not easy for 油天 to keep for the same result.

However, compare with Pui Ching, you could save HKD20000 per year for studying in 油天.  Another point to note is one is Catholic and one is Christain.

If you are Catholic and your child is the first child of the family, you could attend the first lucky draw and decide it later when you get the seat.

5#
發表於 05-6-13 00:51 |只看該作者

培正     
[img align=right]http://hk.geocities.com/winky9905/pp13.gif[/img]

6#
發表於 05-6-13 01:10 |只看該作者

Pls consider the English level for these two school

7#
發表於 05-6-13 15:00 |只看該作者

Pui Ching is very traditional vs 油天 has improved its English standard a lot recently.  Anyone has other comments?

8#
發表於 05-6-14 09:21 |只看該作者

I think it is not fair to compare the two schools. Parents should choose the one which suit their child most.
I could provide some updated information about Pui Ching.
'Pui Ching is very traditional' - I am not agreed.  But I agreed it could improve by employing more active approach in other subject but not just English lesson.  FYI, they don’t have ranking for the student except those are in P5.  No elite class and all students will be re-mixed again every year.  –not much pressure for parent and child.  Some parents told me that the pressure will be increased starting from P4.
They started to have the Story book approach for learning English two years ago.  Students learn English by playing, singing and doing project.  They encourage students to spend more time in reading.  There is little homework and have dictation once for every two weeks.  Syllabus of test and exam is from all they learnt in class/worksheet. I found my son likes to have the English Lesson rather than others subject.
As I know most of the brand one student in Pui Ching will stay at its secondary school.  It may be a problem for parent to convince them to change or to choose another school as they have a very strong sense of belongings.
I am not sure about the English standard of 油天.  But according to my friends whose son is studying in 油天, they would have more dictation and more difficult in Exam.  
One more point I have noted - there are many teachers sending their child to studying in Pui Ching.

9#
發表於 05-6-14 09:53 |只看該作者

chunma,

照我所知, 如果你接受了培正小學學位, 你是不可以參加大抽獎. 如果你apply油天, 除非你有25分, 是必收, 如果不是, 都是要抽籤, 那時你便要放棄培正小學學位, 但未必抽中油天, 你認為值得嗎?

油天是一間很好的小學, 但不是一條龍, 但培正是, 好多人選培正都是因為可以直上中學. 相信你選培正幼稚園都是這個原因. 但讀油天, 則升中時要再博一次, 你覺得值得嗎?

今年起, 油天要看多好多本英文課外書, 看到學校正加強學生的英文程度.  

10#
發表於 05-6-14 10:36 |只看該作者

Hi Chungma,

我囝囝在培正讀k2, 上次家長會先生話今年改了policy, 比HKD500 reserve the seat then 今年可以大抽獎, 但到我們k2 Sept 的時候, 唔知有冇改, 但好大chance remain unchange.  So that I'm now considering to try 抽 La Salle.  But La Salle just change their policy, they only take over 60% primary students to Secondary.  But La Salle is free of charge.  Pui Ching is no pressure & 德育好好.  Very hesitate.  

如培正vs油天.  我會選培正.  因為one dragon.  培正secondary quite good.

11#
發表於 05-6-14 13:33 |只看該作者

wanleung,
'今年可以大抽獎' - Are you sure?  Is it the new policy?  I know we could do the first round lucky draw only as Pui Ching will not get the info from Edu Dept.  I don't think they will be so nice to let us attend the second round as no one would like to become the second choice.
My old classmate's son who studied in Pui Ching get the seat in Sa Salle Secondary under the lucky draw system.  So you still have second chance if you were lost this time.

12#
發表於 05-6-14 14:41 |只看該作者

Today

係今年改了policy (今年k3 的學生)can lucky draw for 2 times,  但今年先生叫我們September check again if the policy change again.  如無意外, 應該可以2輪大抽獎.  

Wanleung

13#
發表於 05-6-14 15:06 |只看該作者

Waleung
    Hello     咁school 好難決定小一收多少外來生     

14#
發表於 05-6-14 15:41 |只看該作者

Heilai

我都唔淸楚小一收多少外來生 , 但我相信培正kindergarten 的學生大部份會留番係培小, 因為我問了一d培正媽咪會選番培小.

Wanleung

15#
發表於 05-6-14 15:45 |只看該作者

Wanleung
   Oh ic    

16#
發表於 05-6-14 16:42 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Does anyone know the students of PuiChing have good English or not nowadays?

At my age, the students' English was not so good la.

17#
發表於 05-6-14 18:33 |只看該作者

Thank you all for your comments!  I agree with wanleung that Pui Ching's 德育好好.  But on the other hand, they are not so "creative" when compared to Ling Liang kinder etc.   I know it's difficult to compare and you can't get ALL the good things in one school, but I really have difficulty in making the decision.

I am an old student of 油天 and my son can get 25 marks.  As I heard from other Pui Ching mamis, they said there is an elite class in Pui Ching secondary school.  The school will put in a lot more resources in the elite class students.  Is that true?

18#
發表於 05-6-15 09:57 |只看該作者

chunma,
If you are the old girl of 油天, you should know more about this school.  You would like to know more about the future of Pui Ching so you could make the choice.

As told by some parent, they have very new and different policy for the Secondary school.  Students will be grouped together with different levels.  You can say that there are different elite classes for different subjects.  During the Exam, students could choose to answer in English or in Chinese.  In the parent meeting , the school was very emphasis on enhancing the English level of student.  I knew that most of the science subjects are using Eng text book for senior class in Pui Ching now.

Like most of the parent, I am very concern about the English standard and creativity of the school. I have a very creative and naughty son.  I was afraid he would be kicked off by school starting from K1.  But I found he stay well here.  He would continue his naughty and 'creative' behaviour after school.  It is very important for parent to provide the environment for them instead of the school.   

Also, the Primary school is not as traditional as before. I don't agree Pui Ching is a traditional school comparing with many other govt subsidized school.  It is quite free and teachers (my childs' teachers) are nice and they entertain complaints from parents. There is no ranking in class and everything is every systematic and parents (esp working parent) could follow easily.  Not much pressure for students.  The Pui Ching Primary school is the one I like most comparing with its Kinder and Secondary school.  I also prefer my child to study in a Secondary  school with English as medium of teaching language.  If my child is the band I student at P5, I will try other Secondary school too.   However, in facing the big changes for the whole system (3-3-4 & General Study); no body know what is happening in the next few years.  But I appreciate the changes of Pui Ching.  

19#
發表於 05-6-15 18:06 |只看該作者

Today

Thanks for your patience in helping me!  I don't know much about 油天 as I left many years ago.  I only learnt its new English program from the June PnS magazine.  I am not only concerned with the English standard but also whether the learing environment in creative/innovative/interactive.  Sometimes, we learn the information from the older kids parents piece by piece and can't see the whole picture and that is the problem.  You won't know it until you are there.  But when you are there, it's already too late for any change.  Is your child now in K2?  Did you send him to any English class outside Pui Ching?

20#
發表於 05-6-16 09:50 |只看該作者

Pls check pm
‹ 上一主題|下一主題