搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 真 道 書 院 兩 個 學 生 一 張 椅
樓主: workingmom
go

真 道 書 院 兩 個 學 生 一 張 椅 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-9-12 09:12 |只看該作者

Re: 真 道 書 院 兩 個 學 生 一 張 椅

上星期去真道交Form,見大門打開,沒有工友在門口,我步入學校見很多小朋友在操場玩,當時可能是小息時間吧,我交Form時剛好鍾聲響起,見過百小朋友匆忙跑回課室。我想...這樣大門打開無人理!過百小朋友在跑很危險啊!         
點簽呀?!

22#
發表於 05-9-12 09:49 |只看該作者

9月10日 蘋果日報

[quote]
Vege 寫道:
May I know which newspaper does the article come from?

23#
發表於 05-9-12 09:52 |只看該作者

我雖然同意此校的辦學理念,但經過一兩年時間觀察,家長既投訴不滿都唔少.而且報名費要200元,我對佢既印象大打折扣.校長又作狡辯,校內行政混亂.對佢失晒信心.所以都唔諗住去考,去讀.

24#
發表於 05-9-12 10:11 |只看該作者

有D朋友都有仔女响呢间學校請書, 但只聽到佢地話D小朋友讀得開心又無功課, 但想同佢哋温書就無可能, 因為無課本, 唔知佢哋學緊乜嘢.

25#
發表於 05-9-12 10:13 |只看該作者

無咁大個頭,唔好戴咁大頂帽

26#
發表於 05-9-12 11:47 |只看該作者

MK 寫道:
上星期去真道交Form,見大門打開,沒有工友在門口,我步入學校見很多小朋友在操場玩,當時可能是小息時間吧,我交Form時剛好鍾聲響起,見過百小朋友匆忙跑回課室。我想...這樣大門打開無人理!過百小朋友在跑很危險啊!         

去年都是一樣

27#
發表於 05-9-12 13:42 |只看該作者

[img align=right]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Bruceleehk.jpg[/img]

28#
發表於 05-9-12 14:06 |只看該作者

AaronMummy 寫道:
university style?? 100+ students in a class? how to cater for each student?

我有點不明白, 讓十二三歲的孩子以大學上大課形式上課, 設計者背後的教育哲學是甚麼? 此舉實在有其隱藏的危險性.

另外, 老師因簽証原因而未能預期到任, 都應該不是八月尾才知道吧, 學校可以做到的補救安排就只是讓學生看聖經故事?有其他活動可以安排到嗎?

29#
發表於 05-9-12 14:33 |只看該作者

似乎沒有真道家長回應。不知是BK沒有真道家長,還是學校得不到家長的支持。

大學模式應是Lecture(大班)+Tutorial(小組或一對一)。如果是這樣,應該沒有問題。

30#
發表於 05-9-12 15:56 |只看該作者

真的!! 有否真道的家長可証實此報導是否真確!

還有讓初中生以大學模式上課, 是否適合呢??? 初中生真的有咁大的自律性嗎???

真道的家長快來証實一下啦!!!

31#
發表於 05-9-12 16:10 |只看該作者

What would you choose between Logo & GT as it seems they adopt same mode of teaching. But GT insists 'small-class' teaching with only 96 class size whereas Logo allow 300 this year. Is there adequate resource to cater for such expansion, $$ from parents?. Could anyone offer your view on it.   

32#
發表於 05-9-12 17:35 |只看該作者

BO_BO wrote,
但最後好似退學的學生及百份比也很高

For secondary, I have to agree. For the primary, there are some but the percentage seems not high. Of course if compare to DGJS, it's extremly high as I saw from DG's web site that there was no P2 vacancies in the last school year, and I heard that there was only one P2 vacancy in the previous year.

nganc9 wrote,
但想同佢哋温書就無可能, 因為無課本, 唔知佢哋學緊乜嘢

There are notes that parents can use them for revision. But we may not be able to review what the children have just learnt because sometimes the worksheets will have been collected at the school.

SCHAU wrote,
What would you choose between Logo & GT as it seems they adopt same mode of teaching. But GT insists 'small-class' teaching with only 96 class size whereas Logo allow 300 this year.

SCHAU,
I think you have mis-interpreted the meaning of 'small-class'. 'small-class' usually means the number of students in a class but not the total number of classes or the total number of students. GT is below or equal to 24 and Logos 30 in primary school.

ChiChiPaPa wrote,
大學模式應是Lecture(大班)+Tutorial(小組或一對一)。如果是這樣,應該沒有問題。

I agree that Lecture(大班)+Tutorial(小組) is a possible teaching method at the senior secondary stage. It can take the advantages of small-class learning by limited resources.

33#
發表於 05-9-12 17:48 |只看該作者

[quote]
I think you have mis-interrupted the meaning of 'small-class'. 'small-class' usually means the number of students in a class but not the total number of classes. GT is below or equal to 24 and Logos 30 in primary school.

各位:
我係優才中學部的家長,我想引証優才中學是20-21人一班,全級共3班,即總共62人。

34#
發表於 05-9-12 19:29 |只看該作者

dabbycheung,

I believe what you mentioned is correct but this doesn't mean what I mentioned is incorrect as I am talking about the primary school. Furthermore, the document provided by GT states that the class size of secondary is 26-28. There are several reasons lead to the current class size of 21.
- GT has decided to reduce the class size; or
- GT doesn't have enough students; or..

Secondary
Accoding to the document of
"G.T. (ELLEN YEUNG) COLLEGE PROSPECTUS) at GT web site
http://www.gtcollege.edu.hk/misc/gtc_prospectus_06_1.pdf
(7) SCHOOL FEATURES
3. Small Class Size
With samll class sizes ranging from 26 to 28 students per class, teachers are able to ...

Primary
優才學校入學簡章
http://www.gtschool.edu.hk/gts/p1admission/scl_in.pdf
6. 教學模式
優才學校每班約22-24人,...

35#
發表於 05-9-12 21:22 |只看該作者

cow,

是的,我當初替兒子報讀時,學校也表示一班大約會收2?人,但其後為什麼會變成20-21人一班?我也沒有去考究,只是如果你們有興趣知道原因的話,下次開家長會時,我可以問問校長的。但我可以肯定一點的是,他們一定不會是收生不足,因我在家長面試時,校長說他們總共約收了3xx份申請,但他們只會收30人。

36#
發表於 05-9-13 11:21 |只看該作者

To cow & dabbycheung,

Thanks for your comment. By the way, I want to know the reason(s) that you decided to let your child studying at GT school.

My child is in waiting list (as we select TKO as learning place only). What is his chance according to your past experiece.

Since Logo have more places for P1 student as compared with GT. Does it mean it is easier the child can get into Logo ?

37#
發表於 05-9-13 13:36 |只看該作者

SCHAU,

很高興知道你有興趣入優才,但由於此Topic是有關真道的,我不想離題,我們再在優才的Topic傾吧。
SCHAU 寫道:
To cow & dabbycheung,

Thanks for your comment. By the way, I want to know the reason(s) that you decided to let your child studying at GT school.

My child is in waiting list (as we select TKO as learning place only). What is his chance according to your past experiece.

Since Logo have more places for P1 student as compared with GT. Does it mean it is easier the child can get into Logo ?

38#
發表於 05-9-13 15:15 |只看該作者

cow 寫道:
[quote]I agree that Lecture(大班)+Tutorial(小組) is a possible teaching method at the senior secondary stage. It can take the advantages of small-class learning by limited resources.

Cow,

你似乎是真道的家長.  我在七月時亦為孩子遞交了小一入學申請, 因為我認同真道的辦學理念. 但在過去的兩三個月中, 我發覺真道頻頻在報章雜誌和書刊上爆光, 不論是負面消息, 或是報導新購置新教材, 或是明年開十班, 她的高調, 相反地令我感到有種說不出的擔憂.

我已畢業十七年, 我並非教師, 但回想以前讀first degree 時的求學心態, 對比真道以大學模式授課, 我會有保留. 大學模式學習對學生的要求, 跟現時初中學生的, 是否真的沒兩樣? 外地有成功的例子可以參照嗎?

若然我孩子僥倖被取錄, 我是希望孩子能在真道中學畢業的. 因此, 中學的情況, 我也想了解一下.

大課老師雖未到任, 其實學校可以安排tutorial老師為學生進行開課的準備, 例如為學科作概覽性教學, 學校安排學生去看聖經影片, 比著我亦無法接受. 課程是否要等大課老師到任才能定案? 學校是否真的如外面所說人手不足?

報章報導學校椅子不足, 電腦數量不足, 但上月又在報章上知道學校以過百萬建了兩個天幕在天台上, 也購置幾十部後投螢幕, 學校的財政是否如外人說欠缺資金? 還是在學校的資金運用優先次序上, 認為天幕比天象觀察站對學生來說更有貼身的需要, 即是學生對體育設備的需求比較大而已?

另外, 你說你可從功課上為孩子溫習, 但堂課(我有沒有意會錯?)就因即時被老師收走而無從可知. 那麼你是如何為孩子溫習的呢? 我如何即時知道孩子在那學科那範疇需要進行輔助, 令孩子在下一堂時能跟得上, 避免跟不上而失去學習興趣呢?

Cow,希望你或其他真道的家長可以回應我的提問, 我不想再從以訛傳訛的消息去了解一間將要投考的學校. 謝謝你.

39#
發表於 05-9-13 15:52 |只看該作者

Vege,

Agreed with you on all point of views.

Could cow and other Logo's parents share your child's school-life with all of us so that all ambiguity and misunderstanding could be solved in this platform.   

40#
發表於 05-9-13 16:49 |只看該作者

Vega,

I am a parent of primary school and I have got only a bit more information from our parents association web sit than you guys about the information in the Logos secondary school. I believe what the parent complained is true.

I agree large size teaching in senior secondary but not in junior. In China, there are extra large size classes in junior secondary that is larger than 70. Current secondary schools in HK do not have the facilities for large class learning. I doubt whether class size larger than 45 is allowed in the secondary schools in HK.

//報章報導學校椅子不足, 電腦數量不足, 但上月又在報章上
//知道學校以過百萬建了兩個天幕在天台上, 也購置幾十部後
//投螢幕, 學校的財政是否如外人說欠缺資金?
In compare with the price of 椅子 and 電腦 with 天幕 and 後投螢幕, the former is much cheaper. Therefore I can't get a conclusion that 學校的財政是欠缺資金.

//還是在學校的資金運用優先次序上, 認為天幕比天象觀察站
//對學生來說更有貼身的需要, 即是學生對體育設備的需求比
//較大而已?
I agree 天幕比天象觀察站對學生來說更有貼身的需要

//但堂課(我有沒有意會錯?)就因即時被老師收走而無從可
//知. 那麼你是如何為孩子溫習的呢?
//我如何即時知道孩子在那學科那範疇需要進行輔助
Worksheets will be return to you in the next lesson. You can have revision then. As I mentioned before we might not get the same day worksheet to review for the kid. In fact, I don't think we need to have immediate revision.

There are some historical reasons that many Logos parents do not want to discuss Logos in BK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題