教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 保良局蔡繼有學校
樓主: voasia
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 05-9-30 13:01 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

Hi! Voasia

Thanks for your reply. I also find some messages about 培僑 and feels quite good. But my husband says 培僑 is 左派 organisation's school and he feels worry about it. Have you heard about this? Any comments?

And any other schools would you suggest? Which schools did you apply for your kids?

voasia 寫道:
Chunmama你好,
我回應一下你的問題:如果讓我選擇的話,我首先會選擇進CKY,如果不行的話就選擇培僑書院,以培僑作為次選的原因是我也參加過培僑去年的介紹會,並且我本人以前曾經在培僑中學就讀,對培僑的背景和理念也有所了解.而且bk論壇上也看到很多培僑家長們的感受,孩子們上學都上的很開心,所以如果是我的話就會以培僑作為二選.
祝好
voasia[/quote]

102#
發表於 05-9-30 13:43 |只看該作者

Hi Voasia,

I heard that the turnover of CKY English teacher is very high, is it true?  Compare to other international school, their salary not too hight.  So, if they find the good job, they will resign...

Cynthia

103#
發表於 05-9-30 15:56 |只看該作者

hi,
am thinking of sending our daughter to the CKY. however, she's currently in the int'l kinder that has only up to K2. do we need to transfer our daughter to other kinder that has K3 if we like the CKY or do other parents usually send their child to an int'l primary school that accepts chlidren from the age of 5 and then transfer them to the local system like the CKY later?
please share
rikachandoll

104#
發表於 05-9-30 17:38 |只看該作者

Voasia,

I got a question.  The Principal claimed that they have two class teachers in each class.  Just wonder how this works?  Could you tell me a little bit on this?

Thanks so much,
Jan

105#
發表於 05-9-30 18:38 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

106#
發表於 05-9-30 18:38 |只看該作者

107#
發表於 05-9-30 20:55 |只看該作者

108#
發表於 05-9-30 21:13 |只看該作者

109#
發表於 05-10-2 05:56 |只看該作者

Voasia,

你好, 我對cky的教育理念也很認同, 而且在聽完簡介會後, 很欣賞校長的對教育的誠意, 也很希望孩子能從快樂中學習及成長.

但對於是否讓孩子入讀, 仍有些少疑慮(未知是否過慮?)希望能提供一些意見以供參考

1.校長的理念十分清晰,但由於沒有書本, 課程由老師們編制, 而老師的流動性(聽聞)都幾高, 這會否影響課程之連貫性;再且,各老師能否貫切推行校長的理念

2.由於學校都頗新,未有任何校外的成績可參考, 故未知其課程深淺, 當然作為父母亦擔心課程過淺, 影響孩子日後的競爭力

謝謝

110#
發表於 05-10-2 21:00 |只看該作者

111#
發表於 05-10-2 22:15 |只看該作者

Voasia,

多謝你的意見.

112#
發表於 05-10-2 23:54 |只看該作者

我想請問考家長時會用何種語言應對呢?
事關有人告訴我,到時侯可能會用英文,普通話或廣東話都不一定要視乎對方用何種語言問.......家長就回該語言是嗎?   

113#
發表於 05-10-3 08:43 |只看該作者

114#
發表於 05-10-3 08:59 |只看該作者

voasia 寫道:
happy123:
你好!我對CKY的前景相對更有信心的原因是:

3.師資力量強大,並且沒有迅速擴張的意圖.有些學校有很大的擴張意圖,一旦反應良好便迅速擴張,大量增加收生人數和分校,這樣很容易造成管理上的問題.
Voasia

Hi!  voasia,

It's me again.  Regarding to the above point, I have the same view as yours.  Not only such school will have management problem, but also the integrity of the whole school; and a weak sense of belonging found on staff, teachers & students.  I cannot imagine how that school would be by having just certain year levels of students.  An isolated school with isolated students?

I also want to add something about native speaker teachers.  It is not unusal that they have a high turnover rate.  It does exit in other international schools, too.  In fact, it is very difficult to find a native speaker teaching in a foreign country for years.  I don't know their salary arrangements.  However, does the salary includes housing allowance and/or other benefits?  What is the salary arrangement of the teachers in other international schools?

越看你的回應, 我越覺得你是一位十分有見地的家長.  Thank you so much for your sharing!     

115#
發表於 05-10-3 11:16 |只看該作者

小女是今年小一的學生,去年面試是不需要用英語的。第一次面試主要是看小朋友的表現和簡單的應對,家長要介紹一下小朋友的課餘活动。第二次面試是小朋友跟家長一起見校長,問題也是環繞日常生活及親子活动,作用應是了解一下家長能否配合學校的理念,過程也很輕鬆。

開學至今,也不是沒有担心的。見小女沒有功課、沒有默書,甚至乎連書本也沒帶回家,跟其他小一學生好像有很大分別,心裏也有一些問号,但另一方面,見她活潑依然,每天開心上學,言語间也流露出對學校對老師同學的喜愛,我和她的関係亦沒随跟功課、背書等繁重的壓力而轉壞,這正是我選這所小學的原因,正如校長所說,家長一定要對學校有信心,學校才可以實踐對家長的承諾。

116#
發表於 05-10-3 13:43 |只看該作者

I would not be surprised if CYK's NET turnover rate is high, given that they are highly in demand.  The message did worry me when I considered this school.  
However, I feel a bit 'settled' after my daughter join it.  I note the teachers there no matter be therm NET or local teachers, they are doing their jobs with passion.  In my daughter's class, they take turn to jot down remarks on the school handbook to update you of your kid's development/situation in school every Friday.  They set up some mail boxes in the class encouraging kids to write them letters and they did make an effort to reply your kids on the same day to keep the kids' momentum.
Just like staff, you cannot guarantee how long they will stay.  However, I reckon it is more important to make sure they deliver as long as they stay and system/environment are there to ensure their successors also did the same if they leave.  I think this is the best the school can do with the imbalance demand and supply for NET.

117#
發表於 05-10-4 00:09 |只看該作者

Voasia,
非常謝謝你的回應. 其實我對CKY也是很有好感.希望囡囡可以考進去.........不過,我想今年會蠻多千禧B考的.
原則上,我都幫我囡囡報考比較新的活動教學學校.

118#
發表於 05-10-4 00:26 |只看該作者

Sammymother,
謝謝妳的說明.CKY是我幫囡囡選的第一志願.....希望可以囉.
我選CKY的原因也是跟妳的看法一樣. 我希望讓她學知識的同時,不會因為學校給予她功課壓力而做成我跟她之間關係變緊張.更何況現在是有不同的受教育方式可以選擇哩.

其實,我個人覺得每種教育方式都有其優缺點.只是看家長如何從中找出平衡點.

119#
發表於 05-10-4 05:52 |只看該作者

Hello Voasia,

可以PM一份給我參考嗎? 謝謝!

120#
發表於 05-10-4 15:11 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題