搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 聖保祿 (銅羅灣)
查看: 8014|回覆: 63
go

聖保祿 (銅羅灣) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-29 13:04 |只看該作者

聖保祿 (銅羅灣)

聖保祿 好似係好多女仔的dream school, 因為有幼稚園, 小學和中學, 但好多人都話老師和staff 都唔係好友善, 請問有冇人可以比些意見 ?
教學方法 ?
校風 ?

2#
發表於 05-9-29 13:09 |只看該作者

Re: 聖保祿 (銅羅灣)

其實傳統天主教女校係咁樣.
小朋友讀落咗唔會覺得有問題,因為習慣咗.
只不過係家長覺得唔知佢地是否 OK?
我本人都係呢類學校由幼稚園讀到中學畢業,全冇問題.

3#
發表於 05-9-29 13:37 |只看該作者

My girl is studying P.4 now.  Really not enough communication between teacher and parent. Normally they will not approach you to discuss with you about your daughter if your daughter has no special thing happened in school.  So, I really don't know much about her classmistress in P.3.

4#
發表於 05-9-29 13:41 |只看該作者

In traditional Catholic girls' schools, usually NO NEWS = GOOD NEWS la.   No phone calls from teachers means your daughter is doing fine at school!

5#
發表於 05-9-29 13:45 |只看該作者

I have a relative studying there, heard that it is good.
Teachers are reasonable. But no PTA. I am quite surprised.

6#
發表於 05-9-29 14:09 |只看該作者

urgybrian,

Hi,  my girl also is studying in P.4 now.  What class is your girl in?  My girl is in 4B.  The homeworks seems to be more & difficult than in P.3.  Do you feel the same problem in your girl's class?

7#
發表於 05-9-29 22:55 |只看該作者

Hi, Cinderella

I girl studying in 4D.  I don't feel that the homeworks are more & difficult in compare with P.3.  Usually she takes less than 1 hour to finish her homework.   

8#
發表於 05-9-30 00:25 |只看該作者

Hi Cinderella and urgybrian,

Can you tell me about the academic standard of this school and the conduct of its girls?  My girl is studying P.1 in this school as well.  

9#
發表於 05-9-30 00:29 |只看該作者

ClaudeeMa 寫道:
In traditional Catholic girls' schools, usually NO NEWS = GOOD NEWS la.   No phone calls from teachers means your daughter is doing fine at school!

AGREE !! This is an excellent school !

10#
發表於 05-9-30 14:22 |只看該作者

urgybrian,

My girl at least takes 2 hours to finish homework.     
Do your girl's teachers like to give 2 homeworks for the same subject in one day?

11#
發表於 05-9-30 14:25 |只看該作者

My daughter is in P.3 now. She takes about 1-2 hours per day to finish the homework. But if compare with last year (P.2), it is very obvious that she has more homework (double volume)than in P.2.

12#
發表於 05-9-30 14:54 |只看該作者

May I know the meaning of PTA ??

Are you all promotion from SPK ??
Are your daughter enjoy the school life ?

My friend said St. Paul just a play school, so most kids are happy to study there, it's not much home work than Kln school, like St. Cath, York .......
would you share your expenience ?

So sorry, my daughter just 2 year old, I'm looking a school to her, for me, I like St. Paul, because can promot to primary and secondary from king., am I right ?? Please give me some advise, many thanks.

13#
發表於 05-9-30 15:35 |只看該作者

My daughter is promoted from SPN to primary. I think the school is both focus on academic training and extra curricular activities. The girls play happily during school hours and learn at the same time.
Not much pressure for the in P. 1 and P.2 just 1 or 2 homework per day. But will gradually increase the work volume from P.3.
Esp. the principal of the primary now is a very open-minded principal. She knows and understands a lot about primary children of young age.  Not much homework, but since it is a full-day school, students can  learn and finish their homework in school time. Little tests and exams. Moreover, it is an English primary school, most subjects are taught in Eng, the English level of the girls are much better than other Chin schools.        

14#
發表於 05-9-30 15:37 |只看該作者

chiulee,

I think the academic standard of SPCS is in the upper rank, especially the English  (but of course can't compare to DGS, St Pauls's co-ed).  Most of girls in this school are behave quite well & polite (normal practise for a catholic girl school)   

kimimi

My girl is promoted from SPK.  SPK is a very happy school for the girls & the parents.  Not much homeworks & pressure from school, and I think the teachers are caring the students, too.

15#
發表於 05-9-30 16:34 |只看該作者

As I know, 100% of SPK and SPN studuents are promoted to SPCS.  In addition, 4 SPN girls are accepted to DGJS each year in the past two years.  The school has no work pressure on parents and kids at all, and its curriculum covers the first term of P. 1 to ensure smooth transition to Primary School.  The school encourages both Chinese and English reading.

16#
發表於 05-9-30 17:23 |只看該作者

gogochurch 寫道:
As I know, 100% of SPK and SPN studuents are promoted to SPCS.  In addition, 4 SPN girls are accepted to DGJS each year in the past two years.  The school has no work pressure on parents and kids at all, and its curriculum covers the first term of P. 1 to ensure smooth transition to Primary School.  The school encourages both Chinese and English reading.

You are absolutely right. You should be one of the parents, right?

17#
發表於 05-9-30 19:55 |只看該作者

從小學概覽中見到聖保祿學校的小一學位得190, 但SPK的K3學生都成180個, 咁SPN的學生係咪真係可以100%可以升上小學.

18#
發表於 05-9-30 23:08 |只看該作者

你條數學題未減的男仔之餘,仲未減的唔撰 聖保祿 (銅羅灣)小學既女仔!  

artoo 寫道:
從小學概覽中見到聖保祿學校的小一學位得190, 但SPK的K3學生都成180個, 咁SPN的學生係咪真係可以100%可以升上小學.

19#
發表於 05-9-30 23:13 |只看該作者

Actually our Primary one has 5 classes about 40 -43 students each class. I think they can admit about 200 students or more.
Primary section is a private school, I think it is not on the list of the 教

20#
發表於 05-10-1 00:00 |只看該作者

There are about 70 SPN students and 160 SPK students.  Minusing the boys and some girls selecting other schools (e.g. DGJS, SPCC, Marymount, St.Mary, Maryknoll, international school, etc.), there is enough places for the remaining students to promote to SPCS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題