教育王國 討論區 九龍塘學校(小學部) 好多家長問kts or ....... 比較
樓主: jj2458
go

好多家長問kts or ....... 比較 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-12-13 08:58 |只看該作者

Re: 好多家長問kts or ....... 比較

Hi,

The noise from train will be no problem especially in summer as all the windows are closed.

1 phonic and 1 oral lesson for a week taught by NET.  3 NET in KTS.

那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

22#
發表於 05-12-13 11:08 |只看該作者

Dear Gigi , thanks
I would like to ask whether  Math book is english and is it teaching in english. thanks.

Thank for help.

23#
發表於 05-12-13 11:17 |只看該作者

Maths textbook in Chinese and is taught in Cantonese.  Students are also required to learn Eng Maths and with exercises books (not textbook) in English.
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

24#
發表於 05-12-13 13:05 |只看該作者

Can anyone tell me regarding the Potunghua class for KTS.  I've heard that there is only one potunghau class per week for P.3 student.

Thanks.

25#
發表於 05-12-13 17:33 |只看該作者

Hi, Gigi2

看見你都佷樂意回答別人的問題,本人有少許問題請教。

1) kts的程度是不是比一般學校較深,在那個科目上和深幾多?

2) kts已70年歷史,在學校的網頁上介紹,學校是傳統和活

動教學參半的,請問老師的教學方法是怎樣的?以啟發思考

學習還是死讀書,因本人很怕小朋友從小便要接受那些死板

的讀書模式。

3) 曾看過介紹小學的書藉,kts有資優增潤課程,請問是否給資優的學生?

4) 聽聞很多學生升小二便轉校,kts都算是好學校(最近在bk上,很多人稱讚它),點解又那麼多家長為孩子轉校呢?因本人認為老師友善和愛鼓勵學生,學校成績不錯,小朋友又開心及習慣了一年的小一生活,毋須再轉來轉去。是否有特別原因?

5) kts的學生,英文程度也不錯,但此學校又不是英文小學,請問kts如何提升學生的英文水準?

我實在問得太多了,請不要介意!我都很喜歡這間學校,不過想知多一點。謝謝!

26#
發表於 05-12-14 09:22 |只看該作者

淋雨,

It is alright to me.  In fact, I hope more parents from senior grades to share their experience and views as I am only a parent of a P.2 student, anyway, I will try to tell you what I have known about.  

1) kts的程度是不是比一般學校較深,在那個科目上和深幾多?
I feel so.  Maths, English and Chinese.

2) kts已70年歷史,在學校的網頁上介紹,學校是傳統和活
動教學參半的,請問老師的教學方法是怎樣的?以啟發思考
學習還是死讀書,因本人很怕小朋友從小便要接受那些死板
的讀書模式。
Their classroom sitting pattern is traditional but the some teachers will use activity based approach to teach the lessons.  Group sharing and project making in the class.  From my experience, P.1 class will put more attention on class & self-disciplinary issues when compared to P.2.  It might be the P.2 students already got to familiarize with the rules and the regulations.  But parents must be very clear that when KTS compared to CKY or similar etc. that would be a traditional primary school.  I have said that KTS teachers are nice and sincere but they can be very tough.

3) 曾看過介紹小學的書藉,kts有資優增潤課程,請問是否給資優的學生?
This is the newly issue to me as well for this year.  Perhaps it already existed long time in the school but I find those programmes on the list when received it on the orientation day.  It described that students will sit in some tests to justify the talents and then will recommend them to have some training i.e. maths, Chinese essay writing etc.  Conversely, in case that some students are relatively poorer with subjects in Chinese/Maths/English who can join the supplementary lessons run by school which are free of charge.

4) 聽聞很多學生升小二便轉校,kts都算是好學校(最近在bk上,很多人稱讚它),點解又那麼多家長為孩子轉校呢?因本人認為老師友善和愛鼓勵學生,學校成績不錯,小朋友又開心及習慣了一年的小一生活,毋須再轉來轉去。是否有特別原因?
I think this is the normal situation found in private schools since some parents hope to pay less in the remaining school years or they have never forgot their desirable subsidized schools but failed in the lucky draw.  However, I can say that not 那麼多家長為孩子轉校 in KTS.  In the past message I have said, at least I cannot see the significant student turnover rate for P.2 after promoted from P.1.  The numbers of students for these 2 years are more or less the same.

5) kts的學生,英文程度也不錯,但此學校又不是英文小學,請問kts如何提升學生的英文水準?
The school management is good and will adopt the constructive opinions from parents or whoever else.  I do not know the past history of the school but I can see KTS really puts more emphasize and stresses on English enhancement.  英文程度也不錯,但此學校又不是英文小學 - The points maybe:

-        KTS can select the similar standard group of candidates to be their students
-        KTS can have more flexibility with the redesign of its curriculum i.e. in the past General Studies was taught in Chinese with Chinese textbooks but 2 years ago this subject was changed to English subject.  This is only a simple example but I’m quite sure for other areas of redesign.
-        KTS has organized/ will organize a lot of English extra-curricular activities to stimulate the students’ interests on English i.e. English week, essay/penmanship/poem competition, English radio fun programme etc.
-        Last not but the least, KTS STRONGLY emphasizes and encourages reading books.  Compulsory reading programme and activities run by the school library can be a very good tool to improve the English standard in a natural way.

[quote]我實在問得太多了,請不要介意!我都很喜歡這間學校,不過想知多一點。謝謝!

27#
發表於 05-12-14 10:30 |只看該作者

Gigi2,

謝謝你的分亨!現在我對kts的認識多了,這所學校抱持願意改進的態度教學和接納家長有建設性的意見,真的很難得,本人非常欣賞。我也希望多些在kts就讀的學生家長多進來分亨吓他們對這所學校的看法和孩子的學習生活,好讓我們小一準學生和正就讀中的學生家長可以交流意見。

你曾形容這所學校的老師是tough,strict,nice & sincere.

請可否分亨多些老師和學生的關係, 老師對學生的包容程度如何? 教導學生的手法是循循善誘還是嚴格得欠人情味? 學生又喜不喜歡老師? 師生的關係是否融洽?

因為小兒很受老師的態度影響情緒,在幼稚園時,他很介意老師對他的看法,所以本人選校時除了考慮學校的成績外,另一個重點是老師對學生的態度。

謝謝!

28#
發表於 05-12-14 11:51 |只看該作者

Hi,

請可否分亨多些老師和學生的關係, 老師對學生的包容程度如何?

As far as I observe, teachers are willing to communicate with parents and students.  KTS requires its students to be polite and respect to teachers and others.  Students are taught to bow when come across teachers or principal in the campus.  老師對學生的包容程度如何 – it is difficult to clarify as the benchmark for everyone is different.  At least, I feel OK.   Punishment will be given to those students with rude manners.

教導學生的手法是循循善誘還是嚴格得欠人情味? 學生又喜不喜歡老師? 師生的關係是否融洽?

Overall, their relationships are good.  Some teachers even will play with students in the open playground every morning.  My girl also likes her teachers.  To me, most of them are 循循善誘.  嚴格得欠人情味 or not – it is quite a subjective matter.  The degree of strictness will depend on individual teacher and perceptions from parents.  So far, I haven’t come across this kind of teacher in school.  

因為小兒很受老師的態度影響情緒,在幼稚園時,他很介意老師對他的看法,所以本人選校時除了考慮學校的成績外,另一個重點是老師對學生的態度。

To my impression, teachers there are quite positive.  However, I don't know the real situation of your son case.  If you do worry about it, you may take him to the Open Day of KTS and let him take the P.1 preparatory class in July next year after applied successfully in order to let him adapt the school or not.  By the way, please never misunderstood KTS is the style of international mode.

29#
發表於 05-12-14 12:27 |只看該作者

aii 寫道:
ST. Francis is better than KTS!

I think so.

30#
發表於 05-12-14 13:23 |只看該作者

Gigi2,

再次謝謝你的分亨, 從你的分亨中,我相信kts是一所學習氣氛

很好的小學, 老師對學生的品格要求嚴格但對待友善, 在學業

方面善用鼓勵的方法激發學生。

我一直知道kts是一所傳統的小學, 但在學校的網頁內得知近年加強了活動的教學。因為傳統的小學都會各有不同,有些真的谷得很利害,我只希望在小兒未入學前對這所學校更加了解,入讀後不希望轉來轉去,好讓小兒有一個快樂的小學生活.

小兒是一個很乖和活潑的小朋友,他活動和文靜皆可,他很聽從老師的說話,所以怎樣的老師對他的影響很大。不過聽過你的分亨後,我可以放心了。

真的謝謝你.

31#
發表於 05-12-14 14:02 |只看該作者

Dear Gigi2,

My sister's friend told her that there are many mosquitoes in KTS campus all year round, is this true??

32#
發表於 05-12-14 16:39 |只看該作者

Dear all,

My son is studying at K1, KTS is one of our target schools. Could anyone advise if KTS has open day this year  

33#
發表於 05-12-14 16:52 |只看該作者

DEL.

34#
發表於 05-12-14 17:34 |只看該作者

真是好多蚊 , 我同個囝囝都好喜歡kts, 但個仔對蚊敏感, 試過比蚊咬完成隻腳變成pig leg, 點算呀!
elegant 寫道:
Dear Gigi2,

My sister's friend told her that there are many mosquitoes in KTS campus all year round, is this true??

35#
發表於 05-12-14 18:45 |只看該作者

Hi!請問Gigi2是不是kts老師或成員之一,看來對kts有十分深入的了解。若是,請多分享,哈哈!
小朋友常說,學校內是有很多蚊,蚊患是大問題!此外,低年級同學常常被撞到,意外十分多,是不是有這情況?

36#
發表於 05-12-14 19:07 |只看該作者

回應:4) 聽聞很多學生升小二便轉校,kts都算是好學校(最近在bk上,很多人稱讚它),點解又那麼多家長為孩子轉校呢?因本人認為老師友善和愛鼓勵學生,學校成績不錯,小朋友又開心及習慣了一年的小一生活,毋須再轉來轉去。是否有特別原因?

曾有朋友這樣說:因誤解結合,因了解而分開!我想是不是因為書上的讚賞誇大了!大家分享下吧!莫說是kts,其他直資小學也有同樣被誇讚的情況!所以我們要小心考慮小朋友的需要!

37#
發表於 05-12-14 19:22 |只看該作者

淋雨
Not at all.

aii,

Your query actually appreciate me indeed as I can prove myself that I have done a pretty job to understand and go through details in order to select suitable school for my child.  I have been here long time ago and who have been in BK long time ago that will know my participation in the past.  Really thank you for your appreciation.

You said right!  Think thoroughly.  Consider objectively and do some searching before you enrol your child into school.  Your own desirable one might not be the desirable one for your kid.  Brand is not the major single factor for your kid enrolment.

Gigi2是不是kts老師或成員之一

38#
發表於 05-12-14 22:39 |只看該作者

Dear Gigi,
some of bk parent are very concern the mosquito problem, can you tell me that the mosquito's condition. Is it serious as some of the parent says

Thanks

39#
發表於 05-12-14 23:58 |只看該作者

GiGi2,

As a parent of my kid studying in KTS, I really appreciate what you interpretated from the school and your participation in the past.

Your explanation and reply to other canditate's parent is also found objective and analytic.

Regarding the mosquito problem, during the past Sept., & October, it's proved sometimes from the leg of my kid but not serious.  :wink:

40#
發表於 05-12-15 10:00 |只看該作者

Cutema,

Thank you.  All along in this forum I only want to share my experience with others as I quite understand that how frustrated to select schools which was also my experience of 2 years ago.  At the time I was looking for schools, I would be grateful to have feedbacks from parents regarding different schools which really helped me a lot.  Due to this valuable encounters, I would like to share my OWN case with other parents after 2 years.  It is so pity to have someone who think that I'm promoting the school as there is no need for hard selling.  Really not necessary….

Jj2458,
We never can avoid the mosquitoes in the open campus because the school environment is surrounded by flowers, plants, trees and ponds with frogs hopping inside.  In classrooms the air-conditioning will keep the mosquitoes away during summer time.  Anyway, the school has installed mosquitoes killer machines in the campus and will send memos to parents every summer to remind them the ways of avoiding the kisses from those little insects.  Like most parents, I will put the anti-mosquitoes stickers on my child's uniform.  I do not think it is a problem to me.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖