用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 Education Programme for Gifted Youth by Stanford Uni ...
發新帖
查看: 1989|回覆: 13
go

Education Programme for Gifted Youth by Stanford University [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-3 16:27 |只看該作者

Education Programme for Gifted Youth by Stanford University

Hi there,

Have you tried thier courses? Are they good? Thanks

2#
發表於 06-1-3 17:42 |只看該作者

Re: Education Programme for Gifted Youth by Stanford University

My son, a P.4 student, is attending their Math course for grade 6 and will hopefully be promoted to grade 7 this February.  He enjoys the class very much and his target is to be admitted to their Physics couse.  All materials are in English and I think it really helps to prepare him for the secondary school curriculum.  
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

3#
發表於 06-1-4 15:13 |只看該作者

I am planning to have my daughter 8yr old to join the course, how is it compare to O-maths? and is the EPGY very helpful to kid's thinking?

4#
發表於 06-1-4 15:53 |只看該作者

Apart from EPGY math, my son is also selected to take an O-math course in his school.

EPGY math & O math are two different aspects of mathematics.  Just like track and field in sports.

EPGY offers a US curriculum which should be useful if your child is going to sit for SAT.  I once showed my son's assignments to a math teacher and he said that the grade 6 materials were more or less equivalent to junior secondary level in HK but the approach and content were a bit different.

As for O-Math, it opens one's mind by offering some tricky approach and short cuts to solving problems.

My son loves both because he's a math-maniac!

For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

5#
發表於 06-1-4 19:03 |只看該作者

Hi,

Do you join the math course online through their (EPGY) website? Do they have to meet the instructor online? What is  O math? Thanks

6#
發表於 06-1-4 21:45 |只看該作者

Application has to be made by fax or in person. You have to prove that your child is among the top 5% in math in school in order to sit for the aptitude test.  The test determines which level your child will be admitted to.  Regular sessions are conducted in the Infokids centre in Causeway Bay.  There are on-line sessions when students may ask the instructors questions concerning their curriculum.

O-math stands for olympic math.

7#
發表於 06-1-5 15:41 |只看該作者

Thanks!!

So does anyone just join by the official website of Stanford University rather than through infokids?

8#
發表於 06-1-5 16:37 |只看該作者

Sorry, I don't have any information on that.  But as far as I know, Infokids is the sole agent in HK that offers EPGY course.

9#
發表於 06-1-15 21:13 |只看該作者

請問收費如何?

10#
發表於 06-1-15 23:05 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 06-1-15 23:06 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 06-1-16 09:31 |只看該作者

For math program: $1,050 x 5 months per grade (one hour per session, one session per week)

淋雨 寫道:
請問收費如何?

13#
發表於 06-1-16 14:56 |只看該作者

gitmee,

may i know is it a course for primary student?

thanks

14#
發表於 06-1-16 15:47 |只看該作者

No.  Please visit its website for more details.

INFOKIDS

8AMRSCHAN 寫道:
gitmee,

may i know is it a course for primary student?

thanks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題