樓主: happybb3
go

esf 收表日字 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-9-13 16:23 |只看該作者

Re: esf 收表日字

cpmummy 寫道:
Hi all,

To submit an application for year 1 in ESF. Do we need to included the copies of identity card or proof of address in the envolope, or should we just fill in the application form and submit the form only?

As I heard that no need to include other document. But some of parent really put everything in their application. Can anyone clarify?

Just application form.

22#
發表於 06-9-13 16:31 |只看該作者

cpmummy,

可唔可以比個WEBSITE 我去睇吓!

23#
發表於 06-9-13 17:28 |只看該作者

the website is www.esf.edu.hk

24#
發表於 06-9-13 18:12 |只看該作者

vikiepaul: No, only 3 kindergartens are available in Sheung Wan, Tsing Yu and Clearwater Bay.
http://kindergartens.esf.org.hk/

25#
發表於 06-9-13 18:26 |只看該作者

收到啦!唔該晒各位呀!    
cpmummy 寫道:
the website is www.esf.edu.hk

26#
發表於 06-9-13 23:47 |只看該作者

Hi,

from http://clc.esf.edu.hk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=2300&ResourceId=85293

Admissions Application Procedures

2. To submit an application, the following should be included.
a) Completed ESF application form downloaded from the website.
b) Two recent photograph of the student;
c) Copy of student’s school reports for the past two years;
d) Copy of student’s passport showing child’s date of birth and current visa status for Hong
Kong
e) Copy of parents’ passports showing current visa status for Hong Kong;
f) Copies of identity cards, of parents and child, if applicable.
g) Proof of address ie a personalised copy of lease, utilities bill, bank statement etc.

27#
發表於 06-9-14 12:04 |只看該作者

剛打電話去問﹐係要交晒咁多文件架。

SLS 寫道:
Hi,

from http://clc.esf.edu.hk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=2300&ResourceId=85293

Admissions Application Procedures

2. To submit an application, the following should be included.
a) Completed ESF application form downloaded from the website.
b) Two recent photograph of the student;
c) Copy of student’s school reports for the past two years;
d) Copy of student’s passport showing child’s date of birth and current visa status for Hong
Kong
e) Copy of parents’ passports showing current visa status for Hong Kong;
f) Copies of identity cards, of parents and child, if applicable.
g) Proof of address ie a personalised copy of lease, utilities bill, bank statement etc.

28#
發表於 06-9-14 13:58 |只看該作者

Hi,

Now my son is studying P.2 in PLK CKY School. When I want my son to change the school in ESF P3.  Is it difficult?  Please advise.

Thanks/lily3258

29#
發表於 06-9-14 15:16 |只看該作者

Any parents here will apply the ESF in Hk side?pls share~
成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!

30#
發表於 06-9-14 15:23 |只看該作者

lily3258,
If your son can perform well in their interview, no problem! However, pls look at the below statement.

(copied from ESF's website)
Categories that determine interview priority

Category One :
Children who speak English as a first or alternative language but do not speak Cantonese and/or read and write Chinese characters. These children are effectively denied the opportunity to attend a local aided school.
Category Two :
Children who can access the local system because the student has an appropriate facility in Cantonese but who can meet the ESF’s entrance requirements.

Within each category priority will be given to students who:

a) Are siblings of children already attending an ESF school
b) Are attending an Educational Services Ltd Kindergarten (for Year One only)
c) Are former students returning from a period overseas
d) Have a parent who is a full-time employee of the ESF
e) Are the children of former ESF students

成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!

31#
發表於 06-9-14 15:43 |只看該作者

lily3258,

It is also very difficult to get into CKY, and it has NET for Chinese and English, why you still want to change to ESF which has very minimal Chinese?  Can you share?

Besides, P.2 in CKY equals to Y3 in ESF, so if you apply for next year, it will be Y4.

32#
發表於 06-9-14 15:58 |只看該作者

hi all,

but i called SJS up yesterday, the lady said no need to submit other documents, that is only for year 7 application not for year 1, for year 1 just the application is enough.
why do we have different answers from primary school?

33#
發表於 06-9-14 17:37 |只看該作者

cpmummy﹐

I am not sure.  I called ESF office at Stubbs Road today and asked for the admissions procedures for children born in 2002 applying for seats for 2007/08.  The lady told me that we would need to submit all the documents.

I was surprised as I originally thought that just the application form itself would be sufficient.

I guess the documents would help to establish that the applicants do have residency rights in Hong Kong, help the office to understand their academic records, and to confirm catchment zones .

34#
發表於 06-9-16 08:27 |只看該作者

Hi,

I sent the application form on 1/9 already. At that time, I couldn't make a decision about whether I should apply for the PIS (Renaissance College) or not. So on the form, I indicated that I wouldn't apply for any PIS. But I start to worry that if my son succeeds in going to Shatin Junior.

So I wonder if I can apply Renaissance College as well to get a higher chance of success. I checked the website of RC College already but there's no information on 'admission policy or procedure'. If I go for the RC application, will that be sort of "cheating" as I signed on the ESF form that all information is to be true (including my indication of no application for PIS school).

Do you think I can still apply for Renaissance College?

Minggrace

35#
發表於 06-9-17 16:45 |只看該作者

Hi there! I was confused once about whether to submit the documents or not. Then, i found out that only those childrens studied in ESF kinder need not submit with application form. The school will only need the residence prove or other document when the child has an interview with the school to double check. Those non ESF kinder student has to submit all. Hope i answer yr query.  

36#
發表於 06-9-18 15:42 |只看該作者

minggrace ,

I don't think that's cheating, because as of Sept 1, 2006 you submitted the form to ESF, you have not applied to RC, I have also ticked I would not apply RC, but I may do it later. By the way, when is cut off date for application of RC?

Gwan

37#
發表於 06-9-18 15:55 |只看該作者

gwan,

RC's application deadline is same as ESF, so Sept 22 for primary.  Guess many people are applying both at the same time.

38#
發表於 06-9-18 16:00 |只看該作者

I don't think that's a good idea.  They can find out if you apply both schools.

39#
發表於 06-9-18 18:10 |只看該作者

Thanks WYmom, so I'd better be hurry.

kathiema, it's ok to apply to both schools, like before, people can apply to both Phoenix and ESF p. ESF only ask that info for statistic purpose.

gwan

40#
發表於 06-9-19 19:55 |只看該作者

It's ok to apply both schools, but I think RC will have interview ealier than SJS.  Once your kid is accepted by RC, SJS won't consider your application.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題