教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD intervew
樓主: Gordon_No_4
go

DBSPD intervew [複製鏈接]

321#
發表於 06-11-7 00:29 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD intervew

tinatam 寫道:
I think all the school are good.  Most important is depands on ours- parents who give our baby a correct thinkings.

This is a good point, tinatam.  Parenting is important too, we are not supposed to just leave things to teachers/ schools even if our sons can / cannot get into a good school.

322#
發表於 06-11-7 00:30 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

323#
發表於 06-11-7 01:09 |只看該作者

I have left out an extremely important point: does the school suit the child AND yourself?

I believe there are lots of excellent schools in Hong Kong (I wouldn't say "all"), each one good at different aspects (beyond those I mentioned).  The point is a school that is good for your chilld may not be good for mine.  A school that is excellent for one kid may be a nightmare for the other.  A child may find it intimidating having all the geniuses around and feel inferior all the time.  At such a tender age, all kids need lots of encouragement no matter how bright they are.

Academic excellence certainly does not equal to fulfillment and happiness in life.  In this fast changing world, I think the real test of academic excellence is at the undergrad, postgrad level and beyond.  Some children are late bloomers.  Laying a good foundation for our kids is extremely important.  But that is a "foundation", not the ultimate aim.

Education at home is equally important as, if not more important than, education at school.  I mean teaching them what is right and what is wrong.  Teach them to love and forgive.  Teach them to read and enjoy the pursuit of knowledge.  No one can replace you.

I remember reading a book that said we adults always live in either the future or in the past.  We plan for the future, work for the future, worry for the future and regret things we did or didn't do in the past.  But the kids live in the present.  If they want something, they want it now.  Anything they experience today would be part of them in the future.

When I read the other threads in babykingdom, sometime it is rather sad to hear that damages are often done to the parent-child relationship because of the pressure of getting good grades in school.  I can feel their pain.

When we put our children into a school, have we really taken into consideration the potential costs and whether the style of the school suit ourselves as parents?

324#
發表於 06-11-7 12:49 |只看該作者

325#
發表於 06-11-7 15:27 |只看該作者

Rham 寫道:
I have left out an extremely important point: does the school suit the child AND yourself?

Nice and thanks.

My problem is, I still can't be sure.  I still think my kid is "too young" and he's still acting like a sponge, not yet fixed.  But one thing that I'm sure is, I was told by all his teachers he had that he is a very attentive and gentle person.

But you know what, by now... I've really CHANGED as to how I see all these P.1 applications...  NOW, my feeling is that it's not me choosing which school but the schools are the ones to judge whether my kid is suitable for them (a reverse ><).  It happens that I applied one/ two in each category and so... maybe it's a taste of different things and then see which school(s) think(s) my son is fit and take him then I'll decide which really "suits" him.

Cheers  

326#
發表於 06-11-8 17:15 |只看該作者

幾時會通知 2nd IN?

327#
發表於 06-11-16 13:18 |只看該作者

Is there any news from DBS about the 2nd interview?

328#
發表於 06-11-16 14:15 |只看該作者

according to another topic, some parents got information from DBSPD that they sent out notification yesterday for 2nd interview
‹ 上一主題|下一主題