搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保羅書院小學 聖保羅書院小學
樓主: debbyyim
go

聖保羅書院小學 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-10-17 08:52 |只看該作者

Re: 聖保羅書院小學

According to the comment from the parents, it seems that the studensts of St. Paul Boys really suffer from their homework everyday and affect their after school activities...

But I do believe - no pain no gain, it's unreasonable to expect your kids can get a good academic result without any pressure.

Any other comment?

22#
發表於 06-10-17 09:18 |只看該作者

debbyyim

My son also study in 1B.  Nice to meet you.

你個仔中文差, 我個仔就spelling 差, 大家都一樣煩.  佢除了he, she, it, they, are, is, a, an, the 等簡單的字會串外, 其它的完全不入腦.  但k2-k3都o.k., 到p.1就串極都唔識.

外藉老師每星期上英文課1次.

致於功課我イ固仔又o.k.喎, 佢放學回家大約5時, 我回家大約7時, 我每天放工回家他已把功課做完,仲有時間同妹妹玩.
我反而覺得上綱花時, 但又真的可以學到語文理解, 唉!  總之一個'忙'字.  希望呀仔可早點完全獨立便好了.

23#
發表於 06-10-17 09:55 |只看該作者

chuenma & debbyyim,

請問NET每星期上英文課1次是一堂時間嗎?  教些什麼 (oral, phonics .... etc)?  學生的英語程度好嗎?

Weekdays & weekends 的功課量如何?  課外活動的提供及安排如何?  那一級開始要參予校園TV的活動?  Curriculum 有moral education (e.g. Bible class)嗎?  你們滿意學校的膳食嗎?  老師會鼓勵小朋友盡量吃完嗎?

Sorry, too many questions as they don't have any parent talk.

24#
發表於 06-10-17 10:01 |只看該作者

Hi Chuenma,

Good Morning. Nice to meet you too. 相信我們在9月29日那天應該見過面了.

我的仔仔讀英文就可以, spelling 都要比較長時間先可以串到, 因為他們不懂拼音, 所以比較困難. 現在我教了他拼音, 就好好多了, 妳可一試.

因妳的仔仔中文好, 所以他可以把功課做完. 我的仔仔要等我放工回家後, 遂句說給他聽, 所以比較花時.唉....總之一起努力啦.

25#
發表於 06-10-17 11:04 |只看該作者

HuiTung

外籍老師每星期是上連續2堂課, 教甚麽其實我也不大清楚, 因為我十分信賴學校的安排, 他們也想把小朋友教好.  至於程度不太深, 但也比一些學校深少少. 因我囝囝k3時已讀p.1書, 所以不覺得深.  並因初開學, 其它同學的程度我也不大清楚.

我覺得功課不太多, 可能是我囝囝中英都能解題及認字, 所以沒多大的困難, 每天有4,5樣功課, weekend當然會多d, 但weekend的功課都可在Friday完成, 我仔Friday放學要畫畫6:30p.m.才回家, 功課都o.k.

學校都有很多課外活動, 大部分是放學後, 有的在星期六.  課外活動大部份放5:00p.m., 有褓母車接放學.

我也不清楚幾年班可參予校園TV的活動, 總之p.1 & p.2無份.

有Bible class.

我滿意學校的膳食.  多種類, 每天有3款, 其中有時有素菜或紅米飯都有, 當然少不了點心, 沙律和漢堡包.  致於吃我相信很個人, 我囝囝每天都把飯盒吃光, 而有同學則不喜歡吃, 說不喜歡吃飛機歺. 老師只會鼓勵, 希望學生最少吃飯盒的一半, 而餵飯我相信比較難按排了.

26#
發表於 06-10-17 22:30 |只看該作者

Hi debbyyim,
What you mentioned about the ''native English teacher'' are only happen on E/R lesson. (the double lesson) As we understanded on last Parent's meeting on end of Sept last time, they will only make group studing in the E/R lesson. They will make into 4 groups. The 1st group are studing with the ''native english teacher'' (which my son is studing in the group temporarily as they mentioned that they will be selected again after the 1st term result who are the 1st five in the class who will be in the 1st group. However, temporary now, they have been selected only under the ability of conversation and understanding in English).
Why you have to ask this question?
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;0;107/st/20000101/n/Horace+/k/7c46/age.png

27#
發表於 06-10-17 22:49 |只看該作者

Hi HuiTung and debbyyim,
Nice to meet two of you. It's already the half way of their test week. How do you feel? I felt quite good comparing before what I expected. It's quite good that they havn't got any homework this week for only just concentrating for studing. I found that it's much better than normal schedule daily work (with homework before.) By the way, when we mentioned about the heavy load of the homeworks which they did before, it's really a kind of revision for them which made us more easily for their revision this week. (which just only my own opinion). Do you think so? On last week, when I was still complaining why still so many homeworks and dictations before the week of test week, my son told me a very good reflection as...... ''Our teachers said that the heavy load of the homeworks are the way helping them for revision, are the way of revision for their test already.'' said from my son. So, when I was studing with my son this week, it's really gone much easier. What my son havn't got much pressure on it. Anyway, what we are still waiting for the results to see whether he is truely understand what he learned from before  the month. Right?
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;0;107/st/20000101/n/Horace+/k/7c46/age.png

28#
發表於 06-10-18 11:21 |只看該作者

debbyyim 寫道:
請問妳的仔仔就讀幾年級的, 我的仔仔現年一年級, 每天都有好多功課, 又要應付每星期的默書, 根本沒時間溫習, 下星期又開始考試, 真係好擔心.

我的化骨龍現在也是聖保羅書院小學讀一年級,
對呀, 很多很多的功課, 每星期的默書,
又話要考試哪,
很疲倦呢
放學坐校車回家已是 16:45
吃一點東西, 做完功課, 吃飯
已是晚上8時多哪

29#
發表於 06-10-18 11:25 |只看該作者

debbyyim 寫道:
Teresa, 謝謝妳的寶貴意見, 非常感激. 請問一年級會唔會要unseen dictation 的. 我的仔仔中文很差, 時常認不到字, 所以現在對佢來講非常辛苦和困難. (因為中文, 數學及常識, 都是用中文的) 今天要中文默書, 琴晚溫習到成一點先有得瞓, 見到佢咁辛苦, 非常心痛. 正如妳所說, 我已經週末同佢溫默書, 平時就預默, 但係都係.....

thank you, Teresa的寶貴意見.....

30#
發表於 06-10-18 11:30 |只看該作者

debbyyim 寫道:
Teresa, Good Morning.

小一暫時這一刻沒有網上手冊的, 不過妳們有沒有發覺D 老師其實都好不小心, 我見我仔仔的作文工作紙有字寫錯, 都沒有話他寫錯, 照剔佢. (不只一次)

另外, 妳們有沒有給仔仔參加課外活動呀? (因真是沒時間). 我的仔仔沒有參加, 唔知學校會不會唔鍾意呢?

agree.........

我都有發覺同debbyyim事件出現, 都是不只一次呢!

31#
發表於 06-10-18 11:37 |只看該作者

LilianSze 寫道:
Hi debbyyim,
May I ask which class is your son in? My boy is in 1A. Are we in the same class?

Hi, LilianSze
your son is in 1A,
我今天去1A陪吃午飯呀,
每個星期三都去架
my son is in 1C

nice to meet you......ar

32#
發表於 06-10-18 14:39 |只看該作者

Hi blueeye_dw,
Nice to meet you too... May I ask whether you have to go for lunch mommy on everyday or just only once a week? (only on Wed?) Will you be assign to assist for designated class or different class on everytime?
As I would like to offer help as a lunch mommy, however, I can't offer on a fix date on every week (as I am working as shift). Do you know any way that I can offer as a standby lunch mommy if they need?
Did you reconize my son.... he is no.8. He is the one we brought lunch for me. He is a BIG boy. (As I know that they have only 3 boys brought their own lucnh, so I think that you may reconize him as well. Thanks for your looking after...)How's performance in the class? How long did they usually take for finishing their lunch box. After finished their lunch, will they go straight down to the playground or should they have to wait for everyone finished first before go down together? And how long are they usually have the rest of the free time before back to class?
Sorry for such many questions... as usually happened on every mom... ha ha...       

33#
發表於 06-10-18 14:40 |只看該作者

That's good that we becoming more BK mom from St. Paul Boys joining our sharing Forum. Welcome....Anyone from 1A???

34#
發表於 06-10-19 09:39 |只看該作者

LilianSze & chuenma,

Thank you so much for your replies.  I'm not a SP Boy's parent but would like to apply this school for my boy next year.  It's so good to have this topic that I can know this school more.  Thanks again!

35#
發表於 06-10-19 10:07 |只看該作者

Hi, LilianSze,

My son is also in 1A.    Nice to meet you   Yesterday, school has distributed the test papers, luckily, except some careless mistakes, the results are so far so good (at least better than I expected).  How's your son?

36#
發表於 06-10-19 13:57 |只看該作者

雖然我個仔係小二, 都加埋我啦!!!

37#
發表於 06-10-19 18:15 |只看該作者

Hi dover,
As I'm not in HK now when I fly away on Wednesday, I know that they got the test paper back. I havn't got chance to read through his paper yet. I asked my son that how's he think about his test result. He told me that he was not happy enough. Then I asked him why? Unbelieve that he told me that he was not happy due he didn't get 90-100 marks for getting a chance to go for ''Adventerous park'' which I promised him before as a credit for him to play... ha. Anyway, no matter how's the result, I will still bring him for a relax. (He was so silly....Boys alway think to play...) How's your boy said to you after he got his result?

Hi Teresa,

Welcome to our tiny Forum... as it's still in a small group. By the way, may I ask whether the test paper will be kept by ourselves or have to be returned back to school??  

38#
發表於 06-10-19 18:20 |只看該作者

Lilian,

只係會派番test paper比家長sign, next day要交番, 唔會比家長keep.

39#
發表於 06-10-19 18:27 |只看該作者

So, the paper never return back to parents even they finished their test week or 1st term...Am I right?
Oh... I should check with my husband whether he sent the paper back to school on yesterday as I havn't seen any remainder from their handbook for return before I leave. But anyway, I think my husband will do it as he worry my son will record by teacher again for anything been forgot. (I will brame on him for his fault...haha...)

40#
發表於 06-10-20 10:15 |只看該作者

相信小一的家長都收到3份測驗卷了, 我仔的成績一般都可以啦, 他說自己已合格了, 其實佢可以再做好d.  佢舊同學仔在1A, 成績很好中文和英文都95分, GS23分, 唔知有無人100分呢.

其今次測驗相信是他們人生的大考驗, 小小年紀要在35分鐘內要讀4,5版的問題及寫這麽多字, 真覺他們有點了不起.  回想我們讀小一時真是沒有這麽深.  小朋友努力吧!!!

Teresa, 你是圓老級吧!!!!  去年真是多謝你的資料, 解答了不少的疑問.  謝謝!!!!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題