~Kingston 1 yr old class~ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-24 13:00 |只看該作者

~Kingston 1 yr old class~

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

2#
發表於 06-10-24 23:55 |只看該作者

Re: ~Kingston 1 yr old class~

2個半鐘課程內2個鐘頭係自由時間, 另有分別兩節各15分鐘的circle time, 但內容好悶, 英文老師冇嘜愛心, 完全冇教ABC字母, 寫在手冊內的"家長通訊"每次發表意見均是意見接受, 方法照舊!!!上堂多數由家長自己照顧返小孩, 老師好小時間會走過嚟同小孩玩, 亦沒有集體遊戲, 似比錢租場同自己的小孩玩多過上堂學習 :evil:  

3#
發表於 06-10-25 09:43 |只看該作者

4#
發表於 06-10-26 01:17 |只看該作者

My younger son attend few months in this school, not the 1yr play group but kinder. I found the teachers or staffs shown no patience when I attend sort of parents meeting or something liked meeting with the teachers tried to understand the curriculum. The teacher finished their part around 10 to 15 minutes, each talked briefly what diff of Kingston and what values Kingston is trying to deliver. By end of the talk, the speaker reminded the parents not to discuss with teachers too long because they finished the whole day school and may be tired.

I thought, first of all, it was Kingston to organize this meeting, we parents of course had lots of things would like to know. Secondly, it was still early, started at 6 something and tried to finish by 7:30. Only the mandarine teachers would like to entertain me.

Simply saying, I did not find the 'heart', where were their passion. What did they care, or just finished one of the task because they were told to do so.

5#
發表於 06-10-26 17:45 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 06-10-26 18:40 |只看該作者

let me answer you, eva is my wife.

My son played alone, I was sad when I observed this in the classroom. He mentioned couples of time did not want to go school. I discussed with teacher and seems that nothing she can really do and will only keep an eye on his progress.

But you can try, I believe they do have some successful examples.

7#
發表於 06-10-26 19:08 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 06-10-27 19:53 |只看該作者

My baby has studied the 1 year old class for few months and I am really disappointed with the quality. my baby and I feel bored all the time. The english teacher is OK. The Chinese teacher is very timid, inactive and seldom talk except the circle time, which is usually very very short, hardly 15 minute actually. The teachers prefer to do the clerical work in the class rather than playing with the baby. There are many non-essential 通告 sent to the parents, 老師用大量堂上時間處理這些無謂通告,續張寫上學生名,再續個家長派,派完又寫低派左 (你仲以為佢俾張支票你)平均三日收一次通告,內容極之無聊........

仲有播音樂部機成日失靈, 突然冇聲, 玩具吾好玩, 又吾係堂堂有得去playground, o的安排好即興, 好求其.......

9#
發表於 06-10-27 22:19 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 06-11-2 19:02 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 06-11-6 12:23 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 06-11-8 22:35 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 08-6-2 01:29 |只看該作者
My daughter is now attending their 2 ty old class.  I totally agree with evaclw and i will change my daughter to another kinder in the coming academic year.

14#
發表於 08-6-2 23:49 |只看該作者
Oh no, my daughter is attending their playgroup this Aug, I've paid all the fees and even submitted pictures for making the student pass etc.  Would it be too late to withdraw and apply another school?

I thought Kingston is a pretty good int'l school, I read quite some positive comments on this school in other threads.  Apart from Anfield, is there any other quality int'l school in KLN Tong which offer English & Mandarin class?

15#
發表於 08-6-3 15:33 |只看該作者
In my opinion, their cirriculum and language environment is good.  However, I found most of the teachers in Kingston are not working with "heart", especially the native English teachers.  This is a very important element in considering a kinder for our little one.

Apart from Kingston, Tutortime also offers half Mandarin and half English with native speaking teachers.  My daughter studied their one year old playgroup there, Mr. Will and Miss Winnie are good teachers...not sure if they are still there

16#
發表於 08-6-5 01:28 |只看該作者
My daughter is taking the 1 year old class in TT with Wills and Winnie.  Yes, they are good with patience and showing care to the toddlers.

原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-6-3 15:33 發表
In my opinion, their cirriculum and language environment is good.  However, I found most of the teachers in Kingston are not working with "heart", especially the native English teachers.  This is a ve ...

17#
發表於 08-6-8 18:32 |只看該作者

Kingston

我朋友的女兒剛報了兩歲班,有沒有人知道是否兩歲班也出現問題

18#
發表於 08-6-17 11:27 |只看該作者
oh no, just saw your messages and i've paid the first tution fee to Kingston (for the coming 1 year old class in Aug)...
actually, i received a lot of good comments on Kingston before and thus I planned to withdraw Yew Chung (which i also paid the 1st month tution fee)... now, it's a difficult choice for me

yes, i agree Tutor time is good based on my experience in their infant class - 6mths to 1yr

19#
發表於 08-6-21 23:50 |只看該作者
My son has been studying at TT playgroup when he was 1 yr old, he really enjoyed it.  My son is now studying at Anfield playgroup.   He also like this school.  The difference between the 2 schools that I observed is that Anfield stressed more on discipline, and TT is more free.

20#
發表於 08-6-24 22:02 |只看該作者

Re: Kingston 1 yr old class

We are happy with Kingston...

My daughter attended Kingston 1 year old class and I always went with her.  She enjoyed the class very much.  Especially, the Putonghua teacher was excellent - very experienced, patiance and with good accent.

After 1 year old class, she went to TutorTime for summer break.  Our English and Putonghua teachers were native speakers (maybe the Putonghua teacher was from Taiwan) but it seemed that they are not experienced teachers -we will not go for TutorTime again.

From our experience, the Kingston teachers are very good and with "hearts".  The language training is excellent. So, my daughter is still studying there. :)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題