go

英國升學資料 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-20 23:57 |只看該作者

英國升學資料

link:全英國學校既資料

link:independent/boarding sch info

想要多d資料就問我啦,我係英國讀左好耐書  
成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!

2#
發表於 06-11-21 01:05 |只看該作者

Re: 英國升學資料

Dear SaBB

My daughter is studying P.6. If I let her to study abroad (UK), what should be the right time?
Some fans say Year 7 (after P.6) but some say Year 9 (after F.2). Any advice?

心急媽咪

3#
發表於 06-11-21 01:37 |只看該作者

dont u think it is too early? i went to uk after form 7, my husband went to uk when he just finished off form 2. he seems fine with it.

4#
發表於 06-11-21 03:14 |只看該作者

講真, 好睇小朋友讀緊邊類型既學校,我既同學當中,有些小學未畢業就過去, 有些初中既過去, 有些甚正讀完F.7(from local/international sch)先過去讀.

個人應為,如果係HK讀d普通既學校,就不如早些過去,以我自己為例,我係HK讀d普通既學校讀完F.3先過去, 一去到就入讀GCSE課程,都幾辛苦。一來初初去到英文都未聽得明, 二來GCSE English 有分Eng land & Eng Lit, 好難,自己底子唔夠班,都未有足夠時間去補底就要考, GCSE每科都有1至幾份project要做,所以,英文底子要打得好先得.

所以, 如果你女女個英文底子唔差,係香港又讀得開心, 讀完F.2先過去都未遲, 因過到去讀F.3(Year  9), 有一年適應期.

不過,我會suggest由 Year 7開始讀, 一來可學多一至兩種語言such as spanish/italian. 有些學校既language課程係由year8開始, 有些就由year7開始. 二來年紀越大,就越難融入鬼仔鬼妹既圈子, 三來學校真係好多out trip & activities 好直得一去! , e.g. 我地當年geog trip去spain 同當地既學生交流, choir 去disneyland表演etc...

5#
發表於 06-11-21 08:54 |只看該作者

Well, I think also it's much better to study aboard after primary school.  You can really learn good english & meet more local friends~~

but it's expensive!

Hello everybody~~!

6#
發表於 06-11-21 11:57 |只看該作者

How about the relationship with the child?  Isn't it the youngest he/she goes aboard, the lesser of his/her sense of belonging with the family?

Some of my friend's children went aboard at young age and they aren't so close with their family when they grow up.  

Any comment?

7#
發表於 06-11-21 12:27 |只看該作者

Do you have their web site? For secondary boy's school
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

8#
發表於 06-11-21 13:41 |只看該作者

That may be true, the relationship may not be that close, on the other hand, it can train him to be more independent.  

And also, the important thing is, he will treasure the time with family~~~

JJJC 寫道:
How about the relationship with the child?  Isn't it the youngest he/she goes aboard, the lesser of his/her sense of belonging with the family?

Some of my friend's children went aboard at young age and they aren't so close with their family when they grow up.  

Any comment?
Hello everybody~~!

9#
發表於 06-11-21 17:13 |只看該作者

SaBB,

你好 ! 我想問下英國果個皇家芭蕾舞學院點先入到 ? Thanks !

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 06-11-21 22:05 |只看該作者

Fully support your explanation.

My son in HK讀普通既學校 and study from Year 7 in UK.

He studied French and now Spanish in Year 9.  Unless you study French before, the school will not allow student to study from Year 8.  

SaBB 寫道:
講真, 好睇小朋友讀緊邊類型既學校,我既同學當中,有些小學未畢業就過去, 有些初中既過去, 有些甚正讀完F.7(from local/international sch)先過去讀.

個人應為,如果係HK讀d普通既學校,就不如早些過去,以我自己為例,我係HK讀d普通既學校讀完F.3先過去, 一去到就入讀GCSE課程,都幾辛苦。一來初初去到英文都未聽得明, 二來GCSE English 有分Eng land & Eng Lit, 好難,自己底子唔夠班,都未有足夠時間去補底就要考, GCSE每科都有1至幾份project要做,所以,英文底子要打得好先得.

所以, 如果你女女個英文底子唔差,係香港又讀得開心, 讀完F.2先過去都未遲, 因過到去讀F.3(Year  9), 有一年適應期.

不過,我會suggest由 Year 7開始讀, 一來可學多一至兩種語言such as spanish/italian. 有些學校既language課程係由year8開始, 有些就由year7開始. 二來年紀越大,就越難融入鬼仔鬼妹既圈子, 三來學校真係好多out trip & activities 好直得一去! , e.g. 我地當年geog trip去spain 同當地既學生交流, choir 去disneyland表演etc...

11#
發表於 06-11-21 22:14 |只看該作者

How about the relationship with the child? Isn't it the youngest he/she goes aboard, the lesser of his/her sense of belonging with the family?

我留意到的反而是the opposite,
好多留學生都好掛住香港(what I can say is nearly 9 out of 10 act like the same) They enjoy to study in Uk but also miss the food, family, friends in HK very much at the same time.
離開家人&HK已久, 反之返到hk會重珍惜與家人相處的時間.
In some cases, arguement 都小左

12#
發表於 06-11-21 22:19 |只看該作者

Dear SaBB

Year 7 may be a good time. But I concern that my daughter may lose the opportunity in studying Putonghua/Chinese.

Any good or bad comments about boarding life?

13#
發表於 06-11-21 22:21 |只看該作者

SaBB,

如果year 7 過去, 有沒有學校推介?
學費+生活費大約多少?
Thanks.

14#
發表於 06-11-21 22:33 |只看該作者

Do you have their web site? For secondary boy's school

My  recommendation:
BEDFORD SCHOOL : website
Bedford School now offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma as an additional option in Year 12/13.

SHERBORNE SCHOOL: website

For more info, pls visit www.isbi.co.uk, then go to 'School -British Isles', then search for what you are looking for.

*You can email to any sch you like to request for their school prospectus and copy of the application form, they will then post it over to HK to you within a few days! Some sch would even send their sch's video and the recent newsletter to you.

15#
發表於 06-11-21 22:46 |只看該作者

chatroom台長 ,

Royal Ballet School offer a comprehensive training in classical ballet as well as academic provision up to the GCSE and A-Level Level.

Entry to all courses at the Royal Ballet School is by audition.

They request international  applicants to send a video (自己單人錄既跳舞帶) in place of attending the Preliminary Auditions. For the video requirement, pls visit : http://www.royal-ballet-school.org.uk/Applications_Auditions/VideoApplicants.htm

SaBB

16#
發表於 06-11-21 22:54 |只看該作者

SaBB,
如果year 7 過去, 有沒有學校推介?
學費+生活費大約多少?
Thanks.

Sammimimi,

Any particular preference?
e.g. 地區,男女校/女校/男校, 大校/小型學校?target 中/ 中上還是top sch?
一年學費+生活費+機票大約hkd 20-35+萬

17#
發表於 06-11-21 23:03 |只看該作者

Year 7 may be a good time. But I concern that my daughter may lose the opportunity in studying Putonghua/Chinese.
Any good or bad comments about boarding life?

seamew,
Regarding about the writing bit, students have to learn through it by themselevs through reading. But, they have lots of opportunity to speak Mandarian at school due to the fact there are many chinese students studying in the UK at this time ( I mean chinese students from China).

Regarding about the prons and cons of boarding life, I would tell you more later.

18#
發表於 06-11-21 23:20 |只看該作者

Dear SaBB

Much thanks.

seamew

19#
發表於 06-11-22 10:43 |只看該作者

你好 SaBB,

小囡今年小五(讀普通學校),計劃她完成小六後到英國留學,想請教下...

1. 香港小學畢業後,到英國是year 7 定 year 8?
2. 我的女兒很細膽,又怕事,是不是Prep School 較適合她呢? 你對Prep School 有什麼睇法?
3. 聽朋友講,英國中學有排行榜,是真的嗎?  可以在那裡看到?
4. 可否推介/介紹香港既英國升學中心?

吾好意思,有咁多問題,麻煩晒.....

JCMum

20#
發表於 06-11-22 14:00 |只看該作者

Re your questions,

1. Year 7 is Form 1, therefore your girl will apply for Year 7. But some of my students they can go for Year 8, because of their age they're older than others, then they have to go one year faster.

3. UK Ranking from Times Magazine

4. You may contact me or my husband, we both work in overseas education agency. Or my friend, Angus Tang, his office only works for UK schools. If you want the contact number, please PM me then I will send to you.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題