搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 ...
查看: 32819|回覆: 157
go

再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-4-9 03:12 |只看該作者

再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定

I have planned to let my daughter studying at Tsing Yi ESF kinder at 2008. But today some relatives objected my decision. They said:
My daughter will learn poor Chinese or even cannot write Chinese. How importance of Chinese in HK. They prefer my girl study the Local Primary School and study IS at Secondary Level.

Would any Parent give me some support?  :cry:

2#
發表於 07-4-9 09:51 |只看該作者

Re: 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定

"study in the Local Primary School and study IS at Secondary Level"
chinese is difficult, why not talk to parents who got children in IS before you make up your mind?
if you child is only k3 when the kid  goes to primary 1 of ESF school, you can still have a choice to get the kid out to local school.
you can also try bilingual schools.

3#
發表於 07-4-9 10:24 |只看該作者

Is your home close to Ma On Shan? After studying in ESF TY Kinder, for primary school, you can consider applying for Renaissance College which has more emphasis on Chinese than ESF primary school.

4#
發表於 07-4-9 10:25 |只看該作者

"study in the Local Primary School and study IS at Secondary Level"

This is what most parents plan to, only that now it is very difficult to join IS secondary after studying 6 years in local school due to the big gap in English standard.

For bilingual schools, don't really know if they work.  The outcome can be - both Chinese and English are not good, so, still have hesitation.

5#
發表於 07-4-9 10:34 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 07-4-9 10:51 |只看該作者

Hi Play,

why do you have to bother other people's judgement?  it is not your relatives/friends' decision but yours.

In my opinion, studying IS is not about the kids' Chinese/English proficiency.  it is about the spoon-feeding approach that a lot of the local schools are still largely adopted.  I have witnessed this. Really!!  quite horrible!  You can not switch the mindsets of those teachers overnight!!

In my opinion, if your financial ability allows, sending your children to the IS is a wise chose.  

I have definitely no regret of sending my son to the IS.  As for Chinese learning, you have to plan to send him to the Chinese centre for learning.  But you can not expect your kids will be having as proficient Chinese as that in English.  Good luck!!

7#
發表於 07-4-9 11:42 |只看該作者

I live at Ma On Shan. Both Renaissance College (RC) and Shatin Junior are my choices.
One of my friends helps her daughter to choose St. Cat. Kinder and give up the ESF Kinder. Her point is buy more time to think about the path (IS or Local eudcation).
But I would like to get high priority in the ESF school as I cannot afford the high school fee one.
Thank you for your advice.  

8#
發表於 07-4-9 12:56 |只看該作者

有冇睇昨晚 tvb 的 <星期日檔案>?
節目講話有幾個長者去讀大學,
片段中提到,年輕學生都是怕發問的,怕舉手發表的。

國際學校同本地學校,唔係只係中文多少的問題,
而係整個教育模式都不同,
要講分別,講半日都講唔完,
只著眼中文程度,似乎忽略了國際學校比本地學校強的其他方面。

其實,一般人話國際學校唔好的,講黎講去,都係個幾個 point:中文差,discipline 差。
但係我又唔覺得 local school 學生的中文都好,
反而普遍都係中英文都唔掂,這點其實傳媒都講無數次;
至於 discipline,印象中,問題學生都來自 local school,有 d 甚至係名校生;
搭多 d mtr,亦會發現頑劣的學生都係 local school 學生,國際學校學生同常都係一書在手,靜靜地站在一旁 。

其實如果大家諗法唔同,真係冇謂再傾落去,
講真,要講,我都可以講番幾十個 point 話 local school 點唔好,
不過,大家做朋友,做親戚,見面開開心心就好喇,
在 bk,大家討論下國際學校同 local school 無問題,
但係同朋友親戚傾,遇著 d 特別鍾意同人 argue 的人,
就會沒完沒了,講得幾講傷感情真係無謂。

而且,有 d 人係鍾意批評其他人,
佢係要話你,你就算揀 local school 都有得話,
local school 都有好多種,
有 d 係免費津貼學校,有 d 係直資學校要比錢,
有 d 係傳統名校,有 d 係普普通通的地區學校,
到時,可能你揀的那一類學校,都係話唔好。

講番話學中文,我都同意作為中國人,點都要識 d 中文,
但係學到乜野程度先為之夠,真係個個唔同諗法。
我爺爺係文人,我個太太公係進士,
我記得細個時爺爺好好心機教我唐詩,
佢話佢自己好細個就會作詩,
如果以我爺爺的 "要求",我估香港冇一間學校的中文水平合格。
語文方面,我自己就希望重點放在英文。

如果讀到中學先轉國際學校,即使係讀開名校 ( 香港的本地小學,好少係全英語教學的,即使係名校,都唔係間間係全英語授課 ) ,英語水平始終唔夠應付國際學校的全英語教學。除了英語水平,學生能唔能夠適應學習模式都係一個問題。

最後,都要睇人地有冇位,要入國際學校,都係 p1 最易入,如果 p1 唔入,中間想插班,要等人地有人退學先有位騰出;到有位,你又未必考到;因此唔好咁老定,以為小學唔入,可以中學入,人地唔係話時時有位等你入。

孩子係你的,我覺得你有權選擇你認為係好的學校,
至於孩子將來係龍係鳳,就要睇佢自己能力,努力,同造化。

9#
發表於 07-4-9 13:21 |只看該作者

play 寫道:
I live at Ma On Shan. Both Renaissance College (RC) and Shatin Junior are my choices.
One of my friends helps her daughter to choose St. Cat. Kinder and give up the ESF Kinder. Her point is buy more time to think about the path (IS or Local eudcation).
But I would like to get high priority in the ESF school as I cannot afford the high school fee one.
Thank you for your advice.  

人地點揀,有佢的原因。

我地為自己的孩子選擇學校,就憑自己的想法選擇好了。

10#
發表於 07-4-9 14:11 |只看該作者

Well said Nintendo! I myself have learnt something from what you said. Made me understand how to look at things in other perspective. Thanx so much!

11#
發表於 07-4-9 16:12 |只看該作者

I have the same experience....

My son have been studying in IS since nursery, when he was planning to Grade 1, my relatives also said why didnt he try the famous local school as my son was very smart.

I did not say much, I only said I planned to send him to study abroad sooner or later, so IS is a good choice for him and most importantly he is type of active child, so it is not easy for him to adopt the local school life.

My son is doing very well in IS, always the top 3 in the class, and his English standard is 3 level higher than his current level.

Although his chinese is not as good as some of the local students, he still can read and write simplified chinese, and his spoken mandarin is much better than many many chinese students.

Just do whatever you think it is good for your kid, other people will never understand and it is not necessary for you to explain.  Who knows more than a parent do???

12#
發表於 07-4-9 19:27 |只看該作者

Dear Barnie,

My mother said the same speech when we "drink tea" this afternoon. Quote:"my relatives also said why didnt he try the famous local school as my son was very smart."

13#
發表於 07-4-9 19:28 |只看該作者

Very strong point

14#
發表於 07-4-9 20:06 |只看該作者

nintendo,

非常同意!  講得真好!

不過係唔係好鬼疼隻手, 哈哈!

bobogood

15#
發表於 07-4-10 00:21 |只看該作者

HI Barnie,
Do you mind telling me where does your kid learn his Chinese? Is it from his IS school? If so, which school is it? Does he need to take extra Chinese class after school? YOur advise will be greatly appreciated!

16#
發表於 07-4-10 10:20 |只看該作者

nintendo

totally agree with you         

17#
發表於 07-4-10 11:17 |只看該作者

My son studied in CAIS since K3 until Grade 5 and since 2006 we have shifted him to another IS as we have left HK.

We did hire private tutor for him, only once a week for 1 hour, just want to help him out as our Mandarin is not good enough to teach him.

kobeho 寫道:
HI Barnie,
Do you mind telling me where does your kid learn his Chinese? Is it from his IS school? If so, which school is it? Does he need to take extra Chinese class after school? YOur advise will be greatly appreciated!
該用戶已被刪除

18#
發表於 07-4-10 14:10 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

19#
發表於 07-4-10 14:39 |只看該作者

Who said CAIS is not a good school ?
~~~

20#
發表於 07-4-10 14:50 |只看該作者

Honestly speaking, discipline in CAIS and other IS is more strict during these years, I dont understand why people always say IS students are non-disciplinary, as far as I know CAIS students are well disciplined and polite, I cannot say 100% but majority of them are disciplined.   Do you think all local schools students are well disciplined??  

I saw lots of the kids reading books while queuing up for the school bus, I like the school's attitude of encouraging kids reading books every day.  My son started reading books by himself since K3, and he enjoys reading books whenever he has free time at home and school.

No school is perfect, and I wonder why your friends said those comments to you.  But I can tell you, if we return to Hong Kong, my son will definitely study in CAIS again, and this is my son's request.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題