搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 ...
樓主: play
go

再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 07-4-16 09:45 |只看該作者

Re: 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定

There is a lot of information in the Singapore International School discussion forum.  You can check it out.

In short, the reason I choose SIS for my kids is that it is in between IS and local school.  It is discipline and has a well structured curriculum (but flexible).  Most of the kids have a high standard of Mandarin & English.  One of the key factors is that it has the environment that the kids speak English & Mandarin naturally in their free time not just during the lesson.

Talking about spoon feed approach, you know there is not perfect school in the world.  It all depends on how you prioritize your needs.  As I said SIS is in between IS and local school.  If you define the teaching mode is one way communication (teacher gives lecture) as spoon feed,  SIS is not spoon feed type of education. Having said that SIS is not as free as other IS.

[quote]
mattsmum 寫道:
how is SIS as compare with other international school? are they like others, eg not spoon feed approach?[quote]

62#
發表於 07-4-16 15:09 |只看該作者

Local schools emphasizes on discipline, but only at school.  Once students leave schools, they are soooooo "out of control".   I saw boys+girls (in uniform), or boys+boys or girls+girls "play" crazily in streets.  Therefore, it is not about IS or local school, but the 社會風氣 nowadays.  

I believe in "因材施教".  If the child is really active or even hyper, it is really harsh to put him/her in local school.  As teachers there usually regard him/her as a problem child (not obedient at all, talkative or too energetic...).  As a result, the child will hv low self-esteem, or even poor peer relationship (since other children may not want to approach him/her!!!!)

i was a teacher in local school b4.  i know how painful both parents and students are.  Some parents even take annuel leaves to accompany their children during exam weeks.  When their children perform poorly in class, they cry in front of teachers and beg for help!!     

Being a parent, I just want my boy to be self-confident, creative and independent.  I want him to learn instead of just memorize things.   I want to "enjoy" weekends and holidays w/ him when he is young.  That's why i choose IS.     :

醒目開學勳章

63#
發表於 07-4-16 15:41 |只看該作者

這些回應, 由一位曾當老師的發表出來, 是多麼的有說服力, 真的令我相當動容.

XOGOGO 寫道:
Local schools emphasizes on discipline, but only at school.  Once students leave schools, they are soooooo "out of control".   I saw boys+girls (in uniform), or boys+boys or girls+girls "play" crazily in streets.  Therefore, it is not about IS or local school, but the 社會風氣 nowadays.  

I believe in "因材施教".  If the child is really active or even hyper, it is really harsh to put him/her in local school.  As teachers there usually regard him/her as a problem child (not obedient at all, talkative or too energetic...).  As a result, the child will hv low self-esteem, or even poor peer relationship (since other children may not want to approach him/her!!!!)

i was a teacher in local school b4.  i know how painful both parents and students are.  Some parents even take annuel leaves to accompany their children during exam weeks.  When their children perform poorly in class, they cry in front of teachers and beg for help!!     

Being a parent, I just want my boy to be self-confident, creative and independent.  I want him to learn instead of just memorize things.   I want to "enjoy" weekends and holidays w/ him when he is young.  That's why i choose IS.     :

64#
發表於 07-4-16 15:49 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

65#
發表於 07-4-16 16:09 |只看該作者

BBCHU6: 已回覆pm

66#
發表於 07-4-17 09:05 |只看該作者

XOGOGO

Totally agree with your opinion    

67#
發表於 07-4-17 13:12 |只看該作者

我個女13  歲, 已經讀國際學校讀左8 年, 比人打擊左8年, 我好明白, 但而家我個女人見人話好, 你有問題請 pm我, 我可以支持你.
該用戶已被刪除

68#
發表於 07-4-17 16:02 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

69#
發表於 07-4-17 16:11 |只看該作者

70#
發表於 07-4-17 19:06 |只看該作者

我好堅持送2個女讀國際學校(雖則佢地仲未正式讀書 ), 因為我好希望佢地開心, local school 好辛苦自己細個時都經歷過, 而且我2個女特別係大女, 佢好independent, 唔鍾意比人限制住, 如果讀local school我覺得老師會label佢做問題學生因為佢唔受控制, 我個女宜家返緊pre-school 個playgroup, 好似IS咁好free, 我個女好開心,老師都對佢好好, 如果我能力做到我一定繼續比佢地上IS, 好彩我同老公意見一致, 而且2個女的事佢比我話事, 佢做support, 希望我2個女可以一路上IS, 順順利利 其實人地講咩唔緊要, 最重要咩野先係for小朋友最好, 個個小朋友唔同, 唔一定IS好, local school 亦唔一定差, 因材施教先係上策

71#
發表於 07-4-17 22:05 |只看該作者

Hi gab & Bernice

I'm a new joiner here and need your kind advice.  I am also considering to send my boy to IS.  How would you both suggest if I need to let me start from the pre-nursery.  And how is the average expenses each month including tuition fee, school activities, transportation, meals, etc.

Tonnes of thanks!

72#
發表於 07-4-18 02:30 |只看該作者

旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
如果我自己比哂IS既學費,咁我小朋友就要放棄哂佢好鐘意既學外活動班,好似畫畫。。。。我老公係好反對IS收咁貴,所以佢覺得係『呃錢』再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉

Not every IS is so expensive, ESF is receiving subvention from the government and the school fee is relatively affordable: Primary HK$ 51,500/year, Secondary HK$82,600/year.

Some local schools are adopting the International Apporach. If you don't mind the Pro-China background (I see this as an advantage to me), you may consider Shatin Pui Kiu College, www.puikiucollege.edu.hk. The full year tuition fee for Grade 1 is HKD 17,000 to be paid in 10 installments. Miscellaneous fees will be $1000/year.

Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau www.cky.edu.hk is another school highly recommended by parents. The school fee is HK$ 41,800/year.

Cheer Up  :

73#
發表於 07-4-18 09:37 |只看該作者

旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
如果我自己比哂IS既學費,咁我小朋友就要放棄哂佢好鐘意既學外活動班,好似畫畫。。。。我老公係好反對IS收咁貴,所以佢覺得係『呃錢』
再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉

旻旻&思思
Feel sorry for your situation.

What kind of school your husband preferred?

Which is the best / second best in his mind?

MarcusD

74#
發表於 07-4-18 10:11 |只看該作者

Please note that Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau is absolutely not an International School. It is only a
Private School with Native English teacher.

For your infomation, please.

ChingChingDad 寫道:
[quote]
旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
如果我自己比哂IS既學費,咁我小朋友就要放棄哂佢好鐘意既學外活動班,好似畫畫。。。。我老公係好反對IS收咁貴,所以佢覺得係『呃錢』再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉

Not every IS is so expensive, ESF is receiving subvention from the government and the school fee is relatively affordable: Primary HK$ 51,500/year, Secondary HK$82,600/year.

Some local schools are adopting the International Apporach. If you don't mind the Pro-China background (I see this as an advantage to me), you may consider Shatin Pui Kiu College, www.puikiucollege.edu.hk. The full year tuition fee for Grade 1 is HKD 17,000 to be paid in 10 installments. Miscellaneous fees will be $1000/year.

Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau www.cky.edu.hk is another school highly recommended by parents. The school fee is HK$ 41,800/year.

Cheer Up  : [/quote]

75#
發表於 07-4-18 10:20 |只看該作者

旻旻&思思,

I feel so sad for you. Your situation is really 'sticky', cos' the consensus between parents is very important for child's education.

When my son was applying for K.1, my husband also disagreed with me to put him into IS (although not as strong as your husband I think). But after I discussed with him the pros and cons, and brought him to visit the international school. He changed his mind.

From the visit (an int'l kindergarten), he saw the lively learning environment and the happy kids. Which really moved him.

Also, I asked him a fundamental question : What's your most important criteria for your kid's education ? We both agree that we want our son to be happy at learning. That's the most important. So, the conclusion of choosing IS is so natural and logical.

Also, I said we have to trade off our family time and even relationship if we choose local school for my son. From my sister's case, we can see that they spend almost all weekends and holidays on homework, dictations, tests, exams, etc. And they have fights when the pressure comes !

Now, my son is in P.2. He's been spending his last 4-5 years in international schools and our whole family is happy and proud for making the right choice.

Hope this would help.

Ruby

旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉
該用戶已被刪除

76#
發表於 07-4-18 16:00 |只看該作者

77#
發表於 07-4-18 18:08 |只看該作者

hksarah 寫道:
Please note that Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau is absolutely not an International School. It is only a
Private School with Native English teacher.

For your infomation, please.

You are right.
In fact, both Choi Kai Yau and Pui Kiu are not international schools.
Although both schools are quite popular, it should really be noted that both are actually local schools.
Now if this is not really a matter to parents, than I would say that both are good choices.
However, if parents have high expectations in English standards, these schools might not be suitable. These school do not have the English environment like international schools.

78#
發表於 07-4-18 20:19 |只看該作者

Dear 旻旻&思思

如果孩子較專心,其實Local school 都有好處! 有很多社會的精英,都是從Local School 出來的。我都希望你既小朋友讀得開開心心!

If I were you, I’ll ask your husband to look after your child’s homework, test, exam! And make sure you got a place in the 精英班! May be you can ask him to do it right now!

Of course, ideal school seems important but a happy family is more essential! Wish you and your hubby can come up a mutually agreed solution!
May be one day you can go back to IS! Who knows!

Good Luck and don’t worry
MarcusD

旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地
如果我可以有個同樣認同IS既老公,咁就好啦,可惜唔係,佢覺得緊係要讀唔駛錢既學校,佢話明明唔駛錢都唔讀,走去比幾千蚊一個月讀IS或私校,我一路都有同佢講過IS同LOCAL SCHOOL既分別,亦同佢去一間IS既OPEN DAY睇過、、、、佢竟然係個HALL到人地介紹緊學校時訓左覺,到人地同我地去參觀D設施時,佢話好悶要走先 最後我自己睇完間學校,佢地亦接受左我既入學申請
其實我可以堅持送我小朋友讀呢間IS,只要全部學費同支出我比哂,而我又要放棄幾個我小朋友上緊既跳舞同畫畫班,佢如果唔鐘意D班都話,但佢又好鐘意,我一個人既收入又比唔倒咁多,唔係唔得,係辛苦D去維持咁比D錢出去,而家都仲OK,但唔知遲D加下又加下D學費咁我就好難維持
你地真係好好,好多謝你地既安慰,可能最終我都要放棄IS,但我都希望你地既小朋友讀得開開心心

係呢,想請問如果我有能力比倒我小朋友讀IS,請問比佢地係邊度學中文好?有無介紹?同埋要幾多錢倒?

79#
發表於 07-4-18 20:50 |只看該作者

yes... I love to read Ruby's sharing

Ruby1219 寫道:
旻旻&思思,

I feel so sad for you. Your situation is really 'sticky', cos' the consensus between parents is very important for child's education.

When my son was applying for K.1, my husband also disagreed with me to put him into IS (although not as strong as your husband I think). But after I discussed with him the pros and cons, and brought him to visit the international school. He changed his mind.

From the visit (an int'l kindergarten), he saw the lively learning environment and the happy kids. Which really moved him.

Also, I asked him a fundamental question : What's your most important criteria for your kid's education ? We both agree that we want our son to be happy at learning. That's the most important. So, the conclusion of choosing IS is so natural and logical.

Also, I said we have to trade off our family time and even relationship if we choose local school for my son. From my sister's case, we can see that they spend almost all weekends and holidays on homework, dictations, tests, exams, etc. And they have fights when the pressure comes !

Now, my son is in P.2. He's been spending his last 4-5 years in international schools and our whole family is happy and proud for making the right choice.

Hope this would help.

Ruby

[quote]
旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉
[/quote]

80#
發表於 07-4-18 21:04 |只看該作者

Of course, ideal school seems important but a happy family is more essential!

同意,同意,同意 !
學校點好,孩子點叻,都唔及有一個和諧的家。
你自己亦都要調節一下個人思想,
唔好諗住係因為要遷就丈夫,作出這個決定,而耿耿於懷。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖