用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 Any advice for choosing Band 1 Secondary Sch in Kowl ...
發新帖
查看: 2222|回覆: 8
go

Any advice for choosing Band 1 Secondary Sch in Kowloon City

發表於 09-1-11 23:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, my child is now studying in MTC Gov't Primary School and scored around 3X out of 160 students in P6 (1st term). Any advice for choosing Band 1 or 2 Secondary School in Kowloon City.

Need your help urgently!!

Thanks a million!!!

發表於 09-1-12 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
You need to ask your school if your son is at band 1. Based on last year experience, most band 1 students will pick the following at the first few choices:

東華三院黃笏南中學
華英中學
旅港開平商會中學
迦密中學
基督教女青年會丘佐榮中學
何明華會督銀禧中學
陳瑞祺(喇沙)書院

Based on my previous info gathering, most band1 would like to pick the first 3-4 in the first choice. (You can put La Salle if and if only if you really want to try your luck on the 20 seats). So as strategy, if you are in band1, may be selecting the others at first choice would get higher chance? Afterall, it is all by random number for everyone in band1 group anyway.

For band2, I dont' know as I was always told that it is hard to get in Eng sec for band2 (but do hear little exceptions, just luck). May try to put the good chinese sec schools.

Good luck to you all this year!

原帖由 Bandylover 於 09-1-11 23:14 發表
Hi, my child is now studying in MTC Gov't Primary School and scored around 3X out of 160 students in P6 (1st term). Any advice for choosing Band 1 or 2 Secondary School in Kowloon City.

Need your hel ...

[ 本帖最後由 MountainView 於 09-1-12 11:36 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-12 12:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Bandylover 於 09-1-11 23:14 發表

Need your hel ...

係MTC考3X應係Band1
英中:
華英,黃笏南,旅港開平首選
迦密,銀禧次選

發表於 09-1-12 17:00 |顯示全部帖子

Which 2 schools are more secure?

Thanks for mountainview and ik362,

Thanks again for your advice.

But I knew from my son's classmates that they are 2Xs out of 160 still choosing 迦密. Coz, it is one of my favourite ones. But you know, my son come 3X out of 160. It seems if I were school in-charge, I would accept them first. My son's chance may not be high.

If I choose 迦密,旅港開平, 銀禧 or 黃笏南, is it risky for my child? As I don't want to be blamed by my family! If you were me, how would you make choices!!

Although submission deadline is coming, I am increasingly confused and can't make up my mind.

You advice and help would be greatly appreciated!!

發表於 09-1-12 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
自行階段選最想入的就可以了,學校會看好多方面(正常來說)的表現,考25同考33,可能分別不大。唔得再在統一時抽獎。機會應該唔細。不過一定會有風險,九龍城區按現有資料應該風險不大。最大風險係小朋友係咪band1。呢個你應該check到。係就冇乜大問題。

發表於 09-1-12 19:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Bandylover 於 09-1-12 17:00 發表
Thanks for mountainview and ik362,

Thanks again for your advice.

But I knew from my son's classmates that they are 2Xs out of 160 still choosing 迦密. Coz, it is one of my favourite ones. But you kn ...

你有冇過往小學派咩英中多既information?
我記得MTC每年都有唔少人派去
迦密,旅港開平, 銀禧 or 黃笏南
競爭情況黃笏南最激烈:約11人爭60個位
跟著就係旅港開平, 最尾銀禧
黃笏南就冇資料..但應該同旅港開平差唔多

[ 本帖最後由 lk362 於 09-1-12 19:27 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-13 16:23 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks for advice

Dear ik362 and Marius,

Thanks for your help!!

As a working mother, I seldom get any information from school or other parents. We have just received my son's report card on 9 Jan. For sharing, my son is a shy person and doesn't like to meet people and talk to others. If he is required to have an interview later in March (luckily) or knock the doors of schools in July. I think he may not be "selected". So, may I ask if we choose 旅港開平 as first choice & 迦密 as second choice. Is it risky? Or, I should choose 迦密 as 1st choice or 邱佐榮 as 2nd choice for security. What do you think? Am I too conservative? Any experience sharing....

Please kindly advise.

發表於 09-1-13 19:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Bandylover 於 09-1-13 16:23 發表
Dear ik362 and Marius,

Thanks for your help!!

As a working mother, I seldom get any information from school or other parents. We have just received my son's report card on 9 Jan. For sharing, my son ...

如果揀旅港開平同迦密
都係好正路既選擇
唔risky既
唔洗揀到丘佐榮(Band1尾)
P.S.銀禧都可以係保守選擇(Band1中)
少d人爭

發表於 09-1-15 08:09 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks for your advice!!

Dear ik362 and those who gave me advice,

Many thanks for your help and kindness.

All of you are kind hearted and helped me to solve my queries. Your advice is very helpful!!

Wishing you all the best in 2009.