密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 about Starters
發新帖
查看: 2762|回覆: 9
go

about Starters

發表於 09-1-15 16:51 |顯示全部帖子
Could anyone tell me more about Starters?
www.starters.edu.hk

- class size in K1 (am)
- % of student combination
- method to communicate between parents an dschool
- school activities (e.g. picnic.)
- learning and teaching approach
- placement for primary school

I am struggling between two schools and want to hear more about Starters from the current K1 & K2 parents.

Kind regards
Maria

發表於 09-1-16 09:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-15 16:51 發表
Could anyone tell me more about Starters?
www.starters.edu.hk

- class size in K1 (am), about 25+
- % of student combination, western,korean, Japanese, Chinese ...etc
- method to communicate between parents an dschool, by newsletter, parent evening once per term
- school activities (e.g. picnic.) ...

school outing for kids only
christmas concerts (welcome parents to attend)
most students aim to go to ESF primary school and other international school
teachers are friendly, English style teaching approach learn through play, no homework

[ 本帖最後由 momom 於 09-1-16 09:04 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-16 11:23 |顯示全部帖子
Dear mom.
Is your child currently studying?
Which level ? Upper or Lower kindergarten?
Maria

原帖由 momom 於 09-1-16 09:03 發表

school outing for kids only
christmas concerts (welcome parents to attend)
most students aim to go to ESF primary school and other international school
teachers are friendly, English style teaching a ...

發表於 09-1-17 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-16 11:23 發表
Dear mom.
Is your child currently studying?
Which level ? Upper or Lower kindergarten?
Maria

Is your child currently studying? YES
Which level ? Upper or Lower kindergarten? UPPER KINDERGARTEN

發表於 09-1-19 15:13 |顯示全部帖子
Dear momom.
Thank you for getting back to me - I have some more questions in my mind about STARTERS:

Could you tell me more about the "content" or the cirriculum of the Lower and Upper class?

i.e. What I want to know is :

"do they go thru (letterland/ jolly) phoincs in Lower class?"
"or when do they begin with the phonics? or actually no?
"do they have books taken back home and require they to read every day?"
"do Starters require the child to do in "show and tell" time?
"do they need to learning writing?"
"do they have any picnics and outings or other school activities apart from Christmas Concert?"
"Same activities in both lower and upper classes?
"You mention parents evening organised once in a term. Aparet form this, Are you welcomed to visit the school or to call up the school?"
"You told me there are different nationality in starters. I mean, is there high portion of chinese students ?"
"Would the chinese students speak chinese among themselves ? "
(Like my child 's native language is English but she can utter some cantonese words if somebody talks to her in canto - e.g. security in our flats, those granny and grandpa in the parks...but she doesnt understand what they say in canto)
"You mention +25 children in a class. How many teachers are there?"
"are all Lower kindergarten students sticking to Mrs Molton for the complete school year?"
"do you apply for ESF and the IS for the primary?"

Many THANKS!
Maria

發表於 09-1-20 18:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-19 15:13 發表
Dear momom.
Thank you for getting back to me - I have some more questions in my mind about STARTERS:

Could you tell me more about the "content" or the cirriculum of the Lower and Upper class?

i.e. W ...

"do they go thru (letterland/ jolly) phoincs in Lower class?" In upper class (certainly)
"or when do they begin with the phonics? or actually no?  not sure in lower class, you may call the school to confirm it
"do they have books taken back home and require they to read every day?" in upper class, one book on every friday
"do Starters require the child to do in "show and tell" time? Yes
"do they need to learning writing?" Yes
"do they have any picnics and outings or other school activities apart from Christmas Concert?"
"Same activities in both lower and upper classes?
"You mention parents evening organised once in a term. Aparet form this, Are you welcomed to visit the school or to call up the school?"  
outing, you can ask for a school visit before the enrollment and you are free to call up the school.  Actually, it is different to local school, they  will call you only if they have something re the child to tell or discuss to you.
"You told me there are different nationality in starters. I mean, is there high portion of chinese students ?" No
"Would the chinese students speak chinese among themselves ? " No, they all speak English in the school
(Like my child 's native language is English but she can utter some cantonese words if somebody talks to her in canto - e.g. security in our flats, those granny and grandpa in the parks...but she doesnt understand what they say in canto)
"You mention +25 children in a class. How many teachers are there?" One teacher and two assistants
"are all Lower kindergarten students sticking to Mrs Molton for the complete school year?"  I don't know
"do you apply for ESF and the IS for the primary?" yes

though starters is a small kinder, the child have a happy school time there,  hope these can help.

[ 本帖最後由 momom 於 09-1-20 18:39 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-20 22:20 |顯示全部帖子
Dear momom.
I should say thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

It must be bothering.

I tell you that my family studied there (i.e. Starters School) however it had been long time ago. 11 years ago. Now in ESF KGV.

Apart from talking to the school, I want to hear the words from the parents who have child/ children there currently. I believe it must be most recent and convincing.

Thanks again.
Maria

原帖由 momom 於 09-1-20 18:37 發表

"do they go thru (letterland/ jolly) phoincs in Lower class?" In upper class (certainly)
"or when do they begin with the phonics? or actually no?  not sure in lower class, you may call the school to ...

發表於 09-1-22 01:42 |顯示全部帖子

school bus route - South Horizon

All Starters' parents,

Is there any school bus service to & from South Horizon?

[ 本帖最後由 tvoincy 於 09-1-22 01:43 編輯 ]
2005年9月1日出生的Ryan重2.95kg, 係飲全人奶到21個月大的。而家已經有29磅5安士重喇!
9月1日 2.95Kg / 9月 10日 3.12Kg / 9月 15日 3.3Kg / 9月 17日 3.46Kg / 9月 24日 3.75Kg / 10月7日 4.44Kg / 10月20日 4.99Kg /11月18日 6.50Kg / 12月03日 6.62Kg / 1月17日 7.31Kg / 9月12日 9.50Kg / 10月28日 10.00Kg / 1月2日 11.00Kg / 4月20日 12.00Kg

發表於 09-1-22 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
Not sure about South Horizon, but at the last school visit, the school admininstor (Winnie) told us that school bus cover most of the place in HK Island. You can call and ask Winnie, I think she is willing to help !

發表於 09-1-24 13:17 |顯示全部帖子
fyi
http://209.85.175.132/search?q=cache:a5kG4ugH3JAJ:www.edu-kingdom.com/%3Faction-vi ... kingdom.com&hl=zh-TW&ct=clnk&cd=125&gl=hk