用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Writing letter to DGJS Principal?
查看: 7792|回覆: 41
go

Writing letter to DGJS Principal?

發表於 09-1-13 16:57 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

Just wonder how many of you are writing to the DGJS Principal?

Please share your view and your success story!

Cheers,
Monghar

發表於 09-1-14 16:35 |顯示全部帖子
many parents write letters, many make appointments and many go to the office.

發表於 09-1-14 17:28 |顯示全部帖子
Can you explain more? why need to make appointment?

原帖由 ericby 於 09-1-14 16:35 發表

發表於 09-1-14 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
Any successful cases?

Also, will the school response to the parents' letters?  Or they just ignore them?!

What I heard... they only response to parents'letter whom girls had awards.  Is this true?

Share more details with us...

發表於 09-1-20 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
Good day Ericby,

Thanks for your comment!

Please let us know if any of your friends have got any response from the school, say writing a letter - will they reply?

I bet making appointment is rather hard as they would foresee that to happen.  Only way is to write letter.

Thanks!

原帖由 ericby 於 09-1-14 16:35 發表

發表於 09-1-20 15:12 |顯示全部帖子
My kid was not offered a place after having the second interview. In this case, would the principal still read my letter and consider my kid when there is a place? Any succesful story? Please share? Many thanks.

發表於 09-1-20 15:22 |顯示全部帖子
DGSJ has offered second interview? I thought they only interview for once!

發表於 09-1-20 15:25 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, I am talking about DBS.....I think both prospective parents of DGSJ & DBS may like to write letters to the principal...

發表於 09-1-20 16:42 |顯示全部帖子
Ah Ha, I got it!
My friend's two sons are both studying at DBS now. She said she had written a few letters to the principal with updated cert. and awards after interview.
She said you need to show your 誠意 if you really wish they accept your son.
Just try to write letters, why not? If you really want your son to get into the school, it does not hurt doing so!
Good luck!

原帖由 Queen4 於 09-1-20 15:25 發表
Sorry, I am talking about DBS.....I think both prospective parents of DGSJ & DBS may like to write letters to the principal...

發表於 09-1-20 17:07 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks happyrain for your sharing. I will keep trying......

發表於 09-1-20 21:17 |顯示全部帖子
聽講校長係註冊日(一月頭)後已經見咗部份 on waiting list既小朋友, 他們亦已經註冊, 所以機會越來越微嘞!

試試當然無妨, 但最好沒抱太大希望了.

原帖由 Queen4 於 09-1-20 17:07 發表
Thanks happyrain for your sharing. I will keep trying......

發表於 09-1-21 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happyrain,

Just wonder how long does your friend updating the principal at DBS?  Once a month letter or a weekly letter?  Updating them with your friend's kid award winning process and certificates.  

Did you try that too?  Just wonder.. how much is sufficient?  Is that mean no award - better don't try this strategy?  Only those with award winning ability will have higher chances?

Thanks,

原帖由 happyrain 於 09-1-20 16:42 發表
Ah Ha, I got it!
My friend's two sons are both studying at DBS now. She said she had written a few letters to the principal with updated cert. and awards after interview.
She said you need to show yo ...

發表於 09-1-21 21:53 |顯示全部帖子
As I know the fact if you can put down a cheque, I am sure you can get the place in DGS and DBS because my friend has done it before that but not me of course.
DGS and DBS may not be the only choice. Family support and effort are the great and core elements for the kids.
regards

原帖由 Queen4 於 09-1-20 15:25 發表

發表於 09-1-22 10:09 |顯示全部帖子
Actually, you should not make direct comparison of DBS and DGS as there are some difference. As far as I know, DBS accept profolio where as DGS only accept a few pages. DBS has 2nd interview and not with DGS.
My friend write to the principal a few times only and each time she will attach some award or certificates and she succeed finally. I can't tell if you only write letter without cert., award will succeed or not.
2nd, I did not try that for my daughther as I only apply DGS with 一試無妨的心態。I don't really that keen in getting in DGS, yes I failed, so what? :tongue: Other schools accepted my daughter already.

發表於 09-1-23 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
True!  I also heard the style is different as well.  Most ppl say DGJS is more competitive than DBS.  Writing a letter (may be work..?) - also there is lot of ppl doing it too.  Very likely is much depending on the parents how much they like the school.  Also, hearing that DGJS girl is not particularly smart (for some) but every single of them have their strengths and weaknesses.  

Just want to see if any other real cases we can share on this web for those parents who would like to write to their ideal school principals.

原帖由 happyrain 於 09-1-22 10:09 發表
Actually, you should not make direct comparison of DBS and DGS as there are some difference. As far as I know, DBS accept profolio where as DGS only accept a few pages. DBS has 2nd interview and not w ...

發表於 09-2-9 13:46 |顯示全部帖子
I heard that DGJS has already received over 200 letter of appeals now.  These parents have written letters to the principal, requesting for a seat although the financial crisis hit HK badly.  I guess such school still in great demand eventhough under a poor economic environment.

Also heard that there are some withdrawals whom already accepted by Maryknoll or St. Mary.  Possible more to withdraw if June lucky draw to review the results soon.

發表於 09-2-11 10:59 |顯示全部帖子

Really?

原帖由 junior_pam 於 09-1-21 21:53 發表
As I know the fact if you can put down a cheque, I am sure you can get the place in DGS and DBS because my friend has done it before that but not me of course.
DGS and DBS may not be the only choice.  ...

好奇地想問:「你的朋友寫的支票是多少銀碼?10萬?50萬?」

其實各位是否認同有錢就一定可以教育好下一代?我指的是,若成績不好,起碼可以聘請好的補習老師,補到佢掂為止。所以可能真的是「錢是可以解決到問題」,即使在學校收生方面亦然。

發表於 09-2-12 16:10 |顯示全部帖子
I would like to ask if the kid is accepted by DDS school like DBS/DGJS, it is still possible to participate in the June lucky draw?

Please advise. Thanks.

原帖由 Monghar 於 09-2-9 13:46 發表
I heard that DGJS has already received over 200 letter of appeals now.  These parents have written letters to the principal, requesting for a seat although the financial crisis hit HK badly.  I guess  ...

發表於 09-2-12 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
It is about $800000.

原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-11 10:59 發表

好奇地想問:「你的朋友寫的支票是多少銀碼?10萬?50萬?」

其實各位是否認同有錢就一定可以教育好下一代?我指的是,若成績不好,起碼可以聘請好的補習老師,補到佢掂為止。所以可能真的是「錢是可以解決到問題」,即使在學校收生 ...

發表於 09-2-13 09:52 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 junior_pam 於 09-1-21 21:53 發表
DGS and DBS may not be the only choice.  ...

I think it is an illegal act.....