密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 聖心幼稚園 VS 聖保祿幼稚園
發新帖
查看: 1481|回覆: 13
go

聖心幼稚園 VS 聖保祿幼稚園

發表於 09-1-19 15:27 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter already got 聖心 offer. Just in case, if 聖保祿 also got a offer, I would like to listen everybody comments base on:
1. English level
2. Long term education path (Primary and Secondary school)

Thanks.

發表於 09-1-19 20:35 |顯示全部帖子
你咁早問呢個問題既......入到spk好似中獎一樣.....

原帖由 bugsjoe 於 09-1-19 15:27 發表
My daughter already got 聖心 offer. Just in case, if 聖保祿 also got a offer, I would like to listen everybody comments base on:
1. English level
2. Long term education path (Primary and Secondary sch ...

發表於 09-1-19 20:47 |顯示全部帖子
二間幼稚園~等級差不多~
但是小學似乎是聖保錄勁d
聖保祿小學&中學的成績較好~
但聖心也不差
只是二間比較起來(小學部份及中學)
聖保祿是好過聖心的~

but!
聖保祿小孩子的家庭背景也較優~很多跑馬地~那區的人多半選這間~也或許家長之間壓力較大`~因為太愛比較
(拜託~沒有想要引起話題~只是就普遍人的印象都是這麼認為的)

但~聖心~就比較平均~家長都好nice~壓力比較沒那麼大~

二間都算ok~
哪一間都好~

原帖由 stinkyrabbit111 於 09-1-19 20:35 發表
你咁早問呢個問題既......入到spk好似中獎一樣.....

發表於 09-1-20 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
How about English level or the other word English teaching? Thanks.

原帖由 lin624 於 09-1-19 20:47 發表
二間幼稚園~等級差不多~
但是小學似乎是聖保錄勁d
聖保祿小學&中學的成績較好~
但聖心也不差
只是二間比較起來(小學部份及中學)
聖保祿是好過聖心的~

but!
聖保祿小孩子的家庭背景也較優~很多跑馬地~那區的人多半選 ...

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 09-1-20 10:32 |顯示全部帖子
聖心小學一半私立一半津貼, 入小一要爭, 上到去津中, 更加要爭
st paul雖然唔係100%上小學, 都叫好大比例, 相反外人想考入去spc小學就難過登天! 而中學部係直資, 即中英數合格已經可以直升了
我就住st paul隔離, 無錯, 無朝都有好多私家車送女女返學, 不過亦有唔少搭校車, 更多係父母帶去返學(好多上班族or祖父母or工人), 我自己覺得, 說唔上係貴族學校lor (比較起果d司機接送果d.......)
原帖由 lin624 於 09-1-19 08:47 PM 發表
二間幼稚園~等級差不多~
但是小學似乎是聖保錄勁d
聖保祿小學&中學的成績較好~
但聖心也不差
只是二間比較起來(小學部份及中學)
聖保祿是好過聖心的~

but!

發表於 09-1-20 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
我想糾正小小, SH 私小一定收, 而津小就要抽, 如抽唔到..叩門收機會..會大D, 所以SH...小學back up 好小小....

其實兩間都係好好ga幼稚園....留左SH, SPK等三月先知........收左先諗啦~~

發表於 09-1-20 13:48 |顯示全部帖子
二間我都喜歡耶!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-1-20 15:06 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

Agree with your comments but would like to add some more supporting:

I have known these two secondary schools for over 20 years (since both are closely related to my old secondary school).  I have to say their results should be comparable in the old days.  In fact, I would say SHCC may be better before SPCS became DSS.  I can't say which one is always better than the other ones.  One key fact is, SPCS is now a DSS, so they have the rights to choose, and if there are students which cannot catchup, they will be "asked" to find a better school.  However, SHCC doesn't have such priviliages so the quality control cannot be done as perfectly.  I think this is very important that parents understand how a school is being administrated.  There are really no magic.

And I agree with you concerning the family background of these two schools.  Based on observations, it should be less serious now comparing to the past.  The key issue here is, a relatively large (not all!) portion of the students' families are rather well-off.  As a result, their living standard will play an effect to everyone around them.  The peer pressures will be there for sure.  Of course, problem here is there are small number of people who don't even know what is the living standard of the general, majority of the population.  The result is, it is skewed to the upper-middle class.

So here, it is the parents' decision.  One side, you can decide you want your children to stick with the same upper/middle-class.  It's a comfort zone for that group really.  Another side, if you consider your family is not in that group, then it is a driving force to join closely with that network.  Sorry of being too realistic, but that is really how life is.

The above is really a objective observation and comments on how to deal with the situation.  I have no intends to actually say which one is better.  It is depends on what you, as parents, are looking for.

Ian

原帖由 lin624 於 09-1-19 20:47 發表
二間幼稚園~等級差不多~
但是小學似乎是聖保錄勁d
聖保祿小學&中學的成績較好~
但聖心也不差
只是二間比較起來(小學部份及中學)
聖保祿是好過聖心的~

but!

發表於 09-1-20 15:32 |顯示全部帖子
你分析得好好!

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-1-20 15:06 發表
Hi,

Agree with your comments but would like to add some more supporting:

I have known these two secondary schools for over 20 years (since both are closely related to my old secondary school).  I ha ...

發表於 09-1-20 15:51 |顯示全部帖子
I am surprised to hear of any significant difference in terms of family background for these 2 schools.
I can understand if you compare SH 津小 with SPC, which is a 私小.
But surely SH 私小, being at mid-levels, draws from much the same upper/middle-class families as SPC.
Besides, most of the SPC parents I know are down-to-earth working parents - not exactly poor but hardly the chauffeur driven clan like some international schools.
I honestly do not think that the gulf between these 2 schools can be all that big in terms of family backgrounds.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-1-20 16:43 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry for my terribly structured response.  I need to admit I have very limited knowledge on primary sections of Sacred Heart so what I have described is the situation in SPCS (Primary).  (And I realize I didn't mentioned which one specifically while I respond)

As a result, I was not comparing the two primary sections.  My knowledge are mainly drawn from my experience with their secondary schools students.  And for the case of SHCC, their secondary school campus is not the same as primary, where SPCS has everything in the same place.  As a result, I was able to know a bit more about their primary school.

And I believe you will be right when you compare SH primary to SPCS primary, their family background would be comparable.  Frankly, I am really not here to compare the financial well-being of the parents.  Please accept my apology here if I may not have phrased correctly, as I am not saying those parents in SPK are super-wealthy.  This is really not the case.  What I was saying is, these people are relatively well-off when compared to the total population in Hong Kong.  And those friends you have, since they at least have a job to keep working hard, are consider doing good.  And they at least can afford the extra 20-30K a year for their children's education, which also means those are money they can afford to spare.  I believe statistcally these people shouldn't be the majority of Hong Kong families.

However, the situation is, when it comes to secondary school for SHCC, half of them are from AM private, and half of them are from PM, then you come up with a relatively diversifed groups of students.  Subjectively, for myself, I actually prefer this since it has better representation of people from various background.  However, this situation doesn't happen in SPCS, since most of their populations are still come from their own private primary school.

The key here is just to describe what possible situations parents need to consider, in general, what they have to face making their choices.  I am sorry if I have offensed anyone about their family background and this is really not the intention at all.

The main reason I decided to bring up the topic, is that when we are comparing the really top schools in Hong Kong, I think we can no longer compare them so easily and expected to have a straight winner.  The only way to find out which one is more suitable to yourself, is to understand the possible differences they are offering.

原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-1-20 15:51 發表
I am surprised to hear of any significant difference in terms of family background for these 2 schools.
I can understand if you compare SH 津小 with SPC, which is a 私小.
But surely SH 私小, being at  ...

發表於 09-1-20 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-1-20 23:02 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you your comment. May be I think too much. Yes, let see the result at March then consider later should be more proper.

原帖由 fujitasze 於 09-1-20 17:24 發表

Do not think so much!
Enter SPK is much much rather difficult than SH...like win the Mark Six. In my past experience, within our group parents (over 50 parents),
I know a lot of parents (at least 1 ...

發表於 09-1-22 00:55 |顯示全部帖子
我會選聖保祿. 第一直升小學和中學較聖心直升機會大些. 第二聖保祿學校勇於接受新事物, 帶領潮流, 學生較靈活, 眼光較遠大. 聖心則較保守.