搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校學生濫藥?
發新帖
查看: 862|回覆: 7
go

國際學校學生濫藥?

發表於 09-1-24 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
Hi
My son is 1.5 yr old, he is studying in an international playgroup. We are satisfactory about the school and he was already accepted for the nursery class.

I know that it is very difficult for the IS students to go for the local stream and planned not to apply the local schools at all

However, my friend, her son is studying in one of the international kinder. Told me that there is high proportion of IS secondary student takeing drugs

Is that true?

發表於 09-1-25 00:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 laichuang 於 09-1-24 23:46 發表
Hi
My son is 1.5 yr old, he is studying in an international playgroup. We are satisfactory about the school and he was already accepted for the nursery class.

I know that it is very difficult for th ...

local school has drug and triad society problems too.... i think this comment is a bit too bias....

發表於 09-1-25 10:04 |顯示全部帖子
She said there was a study published recently about investigating the drug level in the student's hair and found high proportion of students taking drugs

I can't find the source, anyone know?

I can only get this in the web from singtao.com
際 學 校 10.7% 學 生 濫 藥

( 星 島 日 報 報 道 ) 國 際 學 校 一 向 被 認 為 是 提 供 優 質 教 育 的 貴 族 學 校 , 愈 來 愈 多 家 長 趨 之 若 鶩 。 但 禁 毒 處 一 項 針 對 全 港 學 生 進 行 的 調 查 卻 發 現 一 個 令 人 驚 訝 的 現 象 : 國 際 學 校 學 生 濫 藥 及 傾 向 濫 藥 情 況 均 較 嚴 重 , 竟 有 百 分 之 十 點 七 學 生 曾 經 濫 藥 , 比 普 通 中 學 多 出 兩 倍 ; 並 有 近 一 成 七 人 表 示 將 來 可 能 會 濫 用 藥 物 。 社 工 和 精 神 科 醫 生 指 出 , 這 數 字 反 映 國 際 學 校 一 批 生 活 無 憂 的 富 家 子 弟 受 到 西 方 自 由 風 氣 感 染 , 將 濫 藥 看 成 新 興 玩 意 。
港 府 禁 毒 處 委 託 中 文 大 學 一 個 研 究 組 , 於 二 ○ ○ ○ 年 抽 樣 訪 問 了 全 港 九 萬 五 千 七 百 多 名 中 學 程 度 學 生 , 當 中 包 括 普 通 日 間 中 學 、 國 際 學 校 和 專 業 教 育 學 院 學 生 。 當 局 早 前 已 公 布 部 分 調 查 結 果 , 詳 細 報 告 則 近 日 才 完 成 。
詳 細 報 告 中 的 數 據 顯 示 , 受 訪 的 普 通 日 間 中 學 學 生 之 中 , 百 分 之 三 點 七 曾 經 濫 用 精 神 科 藥 物 , 較 一 九 九 六 年 的 百 分 之 二 點 八 顯 著 上 升 , 國 際 學 校 學 生 的 濫 藥 情 況 則 更 厲 害 , 百 分 之 十 點 七 受 訪 學 生 承 認 曾 濫 藥 ; 私 校 學 生 亦 有 近 百 分 之 六 點 三 。
至 於 包 括 工 業 學 院 、 職 業 先 修 學 校 等 在 內 的 專 業 教 育 學 院 , 兼 職 攻 讀 的 學 生 可 能 因 為 有 較 多 時 間 流 連 在 外 , 濫 藥 情 況 明 顯 較 嚴 重 , 一 成 五 人 曾 經 濫 藥 ; 當 中 接 近 一 半 更 在 服 用 藥 物 後 與 人 發 生 性 行 為 。
調 查 報 告 其 中 一 項 令 人 關 注 的 發 現 , 是 九 萬 多 名 受 訪 學 生 之 中 , 一 成 三 約 一 萬 二 千 名 學 生 表 示 , 將 來 一 定 會 或 可 能 會 濫 用 藥 物 。 在 這 項 數 據 之 中 , 原 來 國 際 學 校 有 傾 向 濫 藥 的 學 生 比 例 較 整 體 更 高 , 有 逾 一 成 六 學 生 正 站 在 深 淵 邊 緣 , 兼 讀 的 專 業 教 育 學 院 學 生 中 , 有 濫 藥 傾 向 者 更 達 兩 成 六 , 當 中 又 以 中 四 、 中 五 程 度 學 生 較 為 高 危 。
禁 毒 專 員 盧 古 嘉 利 昨 晚 接 受 本 報 查 詢 時 表 示 , 關 注 到 國 際 學 校 學 生 濫 藥 數 字 上 升 , 處 方 已 開 始 與 非 政 府 機 構 合 作 , 加 強 在 國 際 學 校 籌 辦 禁 毒 講 座 和 家 長 學 生 座 談 會 。 她 又 表 示 , 基 於 部 分 教 師 仍 未 懂 辨 識 學 生 是 否 有 濫 藥 , 例 如 分 不 清 那 些 是 被 濫 用 的 藥 物 、 學 生 是 否 因 濫 藥 而 導 致 不 上 學 和 不 能 集 中 精 神 上 課 等 等 , 處 方 短 期 內 將 推 出 新 的 教 材 套 , 幫 助 老 師 認 識 青 少 年 濫 藥 情 況 。
盧 古 嘉 利 又 指 , 數 據 顯 示 並 非 唯 獨 國 際 學 校 學 生 的 濫 藥 數 字 上 升 , 處 方 會 針 對 整 體 青 少 年 濫 藥 情 況 , 與 學 校 合 作 制 定 更 切 合 每 所 學 校 需 要 的 預 防 濫 藥 措 施 。
報 告 還 指 出 , 居 住 於 屋  的 基 層 家 庭 青 少 年 , 亦 更 容 易 濫 用 藥 物 以 及 染 上 抽 煙 飲 酒 等 惡 習 , 四 成 多 曾 經 濫 藥 的 青 少 年 居 於 公 共 屋  和 臨 時 房 屋 ﹔ 居 住 地 區 方 面 , 最 多 學 生 濫 藥 的 地 區 , 依 次 為 離 島 、 元 朗 、 灣 仔 、 葵 青 和 北 區 。 值 得 一 提 的 是 , 離 島 的 度 假 屋 被 青 少 年 利 用 作 濫 藥 場 地 , 有 增 加 趨 勢 ; 尤 其 是 十 二 歲 以 下 青 少 年 , 兩 成 人 表 示 曾 在 度 假 屋 接 受 並 服 用 過 藥 物 。

2002/4/23

狂野派對是學生濫用

發表於 09-1-26 02:03 |顯示全部帖子
Your news is from Year 2002....   if you want to know more about this issue please read this report (Nov 2008):

http://www.nd.gov.hk/report/pdf/yda/full_report_chi.pdf

But I think instead of rely on the school to help, family education is much more important, especially to establish a very good communication with your kids and know what is going on in their school. Teach them so they never touch drug is better than ask them to quit when you find out, right?

發表於 09-1-28 13:13 |顯示全部帖子
, 國 際 學 校 學 生 的 濫 藥 情 況 則 更 厲 害 , 百 分 之 十 點 七 受 訪 學 生 承 認 曾 濫 藥 ; 私 校 學 生 亦 有 近 百 分 之 六 點 三 。

The report only reflected the percentages of students 承 認 曾 濫 藥 , instead of the actual percentages of students that have actually 濫 藥 .

And 私 校  can hardly represent the whole picture of all local schools.

And, yes, I agree that parents should not be too obsessed with figures that was so outdated. And I also agree that parents should not put all responsibilities in the hands of the schools.

發表於 09-1-28 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 laichuang 於 09-1-25 10:04 發表
She said there was a study published recently about investigating the drug level in the student's hair and found high proportion of students taking drugs

I can't find the source, anyone know?

I can  ...

It was not a study. No study has even been done on all international schools regarding drugs by testing students' hair.

I know that one international school did a few tests may be on a few students' hair. I do not know whether they now have made it a policy to test all students' hair. But that was certainly not any school-wide study at all, and hardly mean anything even within that school.

No, I do not have the source. But this is not some secret. I guess even the school do not believe that that is anything to be ashamed of.

Western culture are willing to face problem. I guess international schools are more open to speak to students about the problems, and are willing to deal with the problem more openly. And they do not mind telling outsiders the problems they are facing.

Drug problems is a global issue. Do not tell me that there are still parents that believe that there are no drug problems in local schools. Just that local schools, local parents are not willing to admit that. They spend too much time picking on their counterpart in international schools, and most of the time forgot that that they probably have even more serious problems in their own communities.

The only way to deal with the problem is to talk more to your own children. Teach them the rights and wrongs. Teach them the right attitude of life.

發表於 09-2-2 18:18 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for the reply

HKIS has the policy to screen the hair of the students in a random basis

http://dnet.hkis.edu.hk/giving/images/stories/dmdocuments/Drug%20Policy.pdf

發表於 09-2-3 17:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 laichuang 於 09-2-2 18:18 發表
Thanks for the reply

HKIS has the policy to screen the hair of the students in a random basis

http://dnet.hkis.edu.hk/giving/images/stories/dmdocuments/Drug%20Policy.pdf

Did not have time to check the document, but thanks.

If it is a random check, then it can hardly tell us anything more then the drug usage of the students that have been checked. Period. It is not even any properly designed statistical study so any "results" of the tests should not be quoted as the drug usage situation in HKIS (and let alone the general situation in all IS in Hong kong).

I am a scientific person and would certainly appreciate if someone can quote figures or data that have been collected more scientifically. Confessions from the students? This is hardly accurate.

No doubt most local elite schools are decent and their students are probably mostly clean. However, if we are really to scientifically compare, I am afraid we need to consider ALL population in local schools and not local elite schools alone. I know that some of the lower end local schools even have students bullying teachers. And it appears that when some parents are comparing, they almost always ignore these lower end schools/students.

It is easy for parents to try to "read" for what they want to believe. I know that there are parents that do not like international schools no matter what. I do not want to investigate into why the hostility. I would, however, suggest that if parents are seriously considering international schools as an option, look at international school education as a whole. Look at the general picture and the whole situation in all international schools. And if you are still that keen on comparing, be more scientific and go and have a look at what happens in the lower end schools as well. I am pretty confident that international schools students are cleaner than local school students.