用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 開心過後, 應該點為將來打算...
查看: 3251|回覆: 27
go

開心過後, 應該點為將來打算...

發表於 09-1-30 21:33 |顯示全部帖子
感謝天主, 小女有幸入到聖心; 在此亦恭喜其他入到嘅小朋友同家長。聖心話哂都有私小做後盾, 唔駛煩入小一; 眼見身邊好多家長為砌 PROFILE 而送小朋友去上堂儲證書, 都覺得很不是味兒, 而自問亦未必有此能耐去同小女闖這一關。

但另一方面睇, 我吔有無因為咁而鬆懈呢?  定係可以唔駛為砌 PROFILE 而學啲真正想學嘅嘢呢?

其實, 做聖心的家長要留意啲咩呢? 家長有無邊方面要加強?

聖心有無邊方面略有不足而我們需要作補充?

要唔要考啲咩公開考試(例如劍橋)以免同大圍脫節?

我哋應該點樣為小朋友準備在聖心好好哋讀上去, 至少可以保持成積升到中學?

大家下一步有乜打算?

這一切都是很漫長的作戰, 願各家長分享研究一吓, 大家容易啲走過這條路。

願共勉之。

發表於 09-2-1 18:06 |顯示全部帖子
好高興有家長帶出這個話題

囡囡的面試已完結了, 現在改為搜集聖心中小學的資料, 暫時所知, 小學分為上午私校及下午津校, 主要分別係上課時間及學費, 上午校近年升中成績下滑, 所以今學年起作出"補 救", 方法不外乎緊密備考, 下午校亦設有精英班, 估計採用的方法都是殊途同歸

中學是津貼中學, 校址在香港仔, 對於家在東區的我, 有點遠

聖心 k2 (或k3) 教授 phonics for kids, 正考慮為囡囡考讀 jolly phonics, 否則之後的seen unseen dictation 一定是場苦戰, 暫時知道ymca有4歲班, 有人說要盡早開始, 否則便沒有作用

IANTSANG 在嗎? 你有何想法? 其他家長呢? 大家享一下吧

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-2 00:43 |顯示全部帖子
Hi lafayette,

I guess I must have said TOO MUCH concerning SHCK so you are asking if I have any plan for my daughter.

Thanks to a bk mom I have bought the SHCK uniform already so you can find I am very determined to let my daughter go to SHCK (in fact, it was her who is so determined and I can only support her throughout the process).  My profile picture is already updated with her in the new uniform!

To answer your question first, depends on which part of HK Island "east" you live in, I used to live in North Point and lots of SHCC students takes the no. 38 bus to go to school.  I don't think it will be a concern for a secondary school students to travel to school.  So, no need to worry about that!

Just like other parents, I have already done my homework concerning the pathway as SHCK students.  Frankly, I am not too concern about what other courses my daughter MUST take since I think this need to be find out along the way.  Every children are different in their natural talents so we can only arrange them to support them when they are behind in certain areas.

As I am not a big fan of putting together a portfolio ( as I can't agree with the approach deep down), I will only arrange classes for my daughter to fit her own interests.  As a result, I think I will settle with SHCS (either AM or PM) for her primary study.  Since bridging into Private section is almost automatic, I think I will take it easy for the coming 3 years and let me daughter enjoys it.  This is quite different from my initial plan to put my daughter to Kentville, but I have confident in SHCS (primary) to provide enough education to prepare my daughter.

The key concern is really if SHCC (secondary) is the final destination.  In here, I am leaving this option open.  The main factors to consider is the children's academic performance during the primary years (mainly P5 and P6) which will help me to decide what secondary schools will be good for her.  If she is doing extremely well, then I will be more aggressive and will try schools like SPCC or DGS for her.  If she can stays above average all the time, I think I will settle for SHCC.  Unfortunately, if she is below par, then I must start doing some more researches to find her other schools in case she couldn't get in to SHCC.

In my decision choosing SHCK, the key factor is to avoid the hassle 3 years later.  I am fine and aware of the "pushy" way in SHCS all along so not much focus will be put during the kindergarten years.

As a family, I must say the resources we have made available for our children are quite huge.  My wife has sacrificed and resigned from her teacher job as the first baby was born so she can be home all the time.  I run my own business and manage to spend relatively large amount of time with my children, at least few hours a day and all weekends.  My wife and I has a belief that the most precious thing we can offer to our children, is our time and caring to them.  It was a very difficult decision to make for any parents since there are career and financial concerns but we truly believe this is most important to the development of the children.  So far, we can tell the investment pays off very well, and I don't think there are any true replacement to that.

So, the "hardware" we are offering them (e.g. classes and exams) are less important to their development.  I think most children would like to see their parents more often then seeing their tutors more often.  Of course, at the end, the entire education system needs some strategic planning to understand the tricks to play around.  So, at the end, it's about the right preparation and the balance of life.

Let's share more as I am sure we will be together here, discussing about our children's future for a long time!

Cheers/ Ian

原帖由 lafayette 於 09-2-1 18:06 發表
好高興有家長帶出這個話題

囡囡的面試已完結了, 現在改為搜集聖心中小學的資料, 暫時所知, 小學分為上午私校及下午津校, 主要分別係上課時間及學費, 上午校近年升中成績下滑, 所以今學年起作出"補 救", 方法不外乎 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-2-2 00:56 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-2 09:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hello Iantsang: You are indeed very efficient and determined! You've a very lovely daughter and she definitely looks great in SHCK uniform. Congratulations!
I agree with you. We should try and let them enjoy kindergarten life.  Education is a life long process.  We all understoond that local primary schools are mostly "pushy" so there is no rush to start being pushy at home during  kindergarten years if you've decided to let your girl attends Sacred Heart Primary School after K3. I believe and trust that SHCK education is good enough to prepare my child for SH primary.
In K1, my girl is learning phonics in class and also a little bit of Putonghua.  She has one daily worksheet to complete (mainly coloring / line drawing) and she can complete the homework independently and in a timely fashion. She really enjoys going to school and that's all we want at this stage.
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-2-2 00:43 發表
Hi lafayette,

I guess I must have said TOO MUCH concerning SHCK so you are asking if I have any plan for my daughter.

Thanks to a bk mom I have bought the SHCK uniform already so you can f ...

發表於 09-2-2 10:32 |顯示全部帖子
Any idea when usually will be the Parents Day or Orientation Day?  

Eager to learn more from the school.

Thanks!

[ 本帖最後由 mansumbb 於 09-2-2 10:33 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-2 10:40 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much BreMa!  It's nice to have inputs from current SHCK parents so we are can be aware of the latest.  My friend's daughter was SHCK K3 last year and is now studying in SHCS (Private) P1.  Because her daughter only enter SHCK during K3, she told me she finds it is relatively easy comparing to her previous one.

I must admit I wanted to be more pushy during kindergarten at first since I worry if she needs to be better prepared to get in to traditional primary school.  However, since we have decided to let my daughter studies in SHCK, then I have less of this concern.  Honestly, P1 will be harsh time anyway, whether the children are prepared or not.  Hopefully, we can have SHCK parents (like yourself) to update us if we need any other preparation during K2 and K3.  I believe in any sense, K1 should be time for children to enjoy, and I am happy to learn from you that your daughter enjoys it very much!

Ian

原帖由 BreMa 於 09-2-2 09:00 發表
Hello Iantsang: You are indeed very efficient and determined! You've a very lovely daughter and she definitely looks great in SHCK uniform. Congratulations!
I agree with you. We should try and let the ...

發表於 09-2-2 12:05 |顯示全部帖子
Hi iantsang,

"...I think I will settle with SHCS (either AM or PM) for her primary study.  Since bridging into Private section is almost automatic, I think I will take it easy for the coming 3 years and let me daughter enjoys it.  This is quite different from my initial plan to put my daughter to Kentville..."

I don't think it is necessary to plan untill secondary, it's too unpredictable. Last year I had the same thought as yours but after one semester, I noticed that although my girl likes going to school but not as happy as her pre-nursery days (she attended a bilingual int'l pre-nursery), the way SHCK is more traditional & emphasizes in educating the kids to be obedient & respecting orders, it is no doubt a good school but it's just a matter of the two "clicking" perfectly or not & I think my girl enjoys more in a more active learning environment. Thus, now I'm starting to re-consider her primary pathway, and will probably start doing the portfolio which I had no intention in doing in the past.

My conclusion is let's wait & see. If your daughter is happy with SHCK then I personally think should let kids to enjoy no need to give them stress in getting this certificate or that certificate.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-2 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much for the reminder.  I agree with you but I do need to tell myself to at least take a break since the kindergarten interview process has taken the toll on me and my family already so I wouldn't wanna think too much further at this point.  Will just be patience and see how it goes when school starts.

No one can guarantee if the children will fit perfectly with the kindergarten, but the approach you mentioned in SHCK "is more traditional & emphasizes in educating the kids to be obedient & respecting orders...", is consistent with our current approach on our children.  So, hopefully it will be fine but I am open to changes if necessary.  But it will be the last resort since I must teach my daughter that as she's the one making the choice on SHCK, she needs to take the responsibility to finish it.  I know it seems too much for a 2.5 years old, but we wanna teach her to be a responsible person from this very young age.  Most importantly, we as parents will need to help and guide them through the process.

Again, thanks a lot for the input.  Are you making plan now to change kinder for your child in the coming academic year?  Which year is your child now?

Ian

原帖由 Bunnytown 於 09-2-2 12:05 發表
Hi iantsang,

"...I think I will settle with SHCS (either AM or PM) for her primary study.  Since bridging into Private section is almost automatic, I think I will take it easy for the coming 3 years  ...

發表於 09-2-2 15:10 |顯示全部帖子
Hi iantsang,

My daughter is now in K1, since she is still ok with SHCK I don't think I would bother changing to another kindergarten. I'll look for different options for primary school, considering the direct subsidy schools which a lot of them have a more active learning approach (e.g. PLK Choy Kay Yau, Pui Kiu, St. Margaret Co-ed, etc).

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-2-2 13:20 發表
Thank you very much for the reminder.  I agree with you but I do need to tell myself to at least take a break since the kindergarten interview process has taken the toll on me and my family already so ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-2 15:46 |顯示全部帖子
Hi bunnytown,

I think those are all good choices if you find your kid would prefers more active learning approach.  I think HKUGA and TSL are also other good choices you can consider.  Of course, then you will have to "collect" more certificates to put together a portfolio.

btw, do you remember when is the orientation day for parents last year?  I think mansumbb is anxious to know about it, thanks!

原帖由 Bunnytown 於 09-2-2 15:10 發表
Hi iantsang,

My daughter is now in K1, since she is still ok with SHCK I don't think I would bother changing to another kindergarten. I'll look for different options for primary school, considering t ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-2-2 15:48 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-2 16:01 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, thanks iantsang for your prompt.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-2-2 15:46 發表

btw, do you remember when is the orientation day for parents last year?  I think mansumbb is anxious to know about it, thanks!

發表於 09-2-2 17:12 |顯示全部帖子
April - paying the first month tuition fee, application for school bus, paying uniform fee.

July - there is a sort of 'open day' (they call it bazar day or something like that), you can go with your kid and collect the books and they also have counter of a shoes company

late August - orientation day

原帖由 mansumbb 於 09-2-2 16:01 發表
Yes, thanks iantsang for your prompt.

發表於 09-2-2 17:33 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Bunnytown for your info!

原帖由 Bunnytown 於 09-2-2 17:12 發表
April - paying the first month tuition fee, application for school bus, paying uniform fee.

July - there is a sort of 'open day' (they call it bazar day or something like that), you can go with your  ...

發表於 09-2-3 10:50 |顯示全部帖子
mansumbb: Did you keep the information pamplet given out to the applicants during the two application days?  I believe the important dates are printed on them regarding registration, orientation, etc.
原帖由 mansumbb 於 09-2-2 17:33 發表
Thanks Bunnytown for your info!

發表於 09-2-3 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
I know which one you're talking about.  Will check it out tonight.  Thanks.

發表於 09-2-5 12:15 |顯示全部帖子
點解睇返BK啲Post, 大都說聖心讀書壓力好大,大人小朋友都辛苦.校規又很嚴.感覺小朋友係唔會讀得開心咁,是否真的? 大家有冇意見?

[ 本帖最後由 kyliejet 於 09-2-5 12:16 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-5 18:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hi kyliejet,

SHCS (Primary) have relatively more homework and tests, so you can interpret that as more 'stressful', but if the children enjoys doing homework and read their books to prepare for the tests, then they can still enjoy it!    Of course, if the children don't like to do homework and no interests in reading, then of course it will become a nightmare, and this could really go either way: (1) they need to work hard and causes parents become stressful; or (2) they works hard by themselves and adopt to it.

Also, if the school can help to teach the children to be more disciplinary, then I think the parents should be very thankful!    On the contrary, if they don't like to sit still, then it will causes trouble lar.

So, these are all in relative terms only.  The point is you need to know how it is and decide if that fits your expectation.

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-2-5 12:15 發表

發表於 09-2-5 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
tks Iantsang, tks 正在就讀小朋友的家長
謝謝你們的資訊

我真大意, 只知2/9交留位費, 原來只有一個小時, 幸好再看那通知

發表於 09-2-5 22:56 |顯示全部帖子
我又唔會覺得好極端, 如果同國際學校比較, 一定是兩回事, 幼稚園嚴極有限度, 我個囡超活躍, 又多野講, 如果學校教到佢何時要守紀律, 亦是好事!

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-2-5 12:15 發表

發表於 09-2-6 17:17 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽