搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KCBK interview
查看: 6432|回覆: 43
go

KCBK interview

發表於 09-2-2 14:01 |顯示全部帖子
我收到信去面試,競爭一定很大,大家有沒有什麼準備?

interview約20分鐘,2星期後學校會發信通知大家。

$2,200 x 10個月,school bus $1000一個月。snack time由家長自己準備,學校會派水比小朋友。我只知以上東西!!!沒有mandarin class,全英文!

That's all I know and that's all I can share with you.

發表於 09-2-2 14:39 |顯示全部帖子
May I know KCBK stand for ?? Coz I enroll Anfield Kindergarten for my son, its too expensive!!
Thanks!!

發表於 09-2-2 15:48 |顯示全部帖子
kowloon International Baptist Kindergarten

Next to the Batptist University, Kowloon Tong.

Hope this will help you out! How much is Anfield, why do you think this is good for your kid?

發表於 09-2-2 16:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

KBCK= Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten

If you do not get verbal acceptance after interview, your kids will either be on waiting list or not qualified.

原帖由 alunsweeney 於 09-2-2 15:48 發表
kowloon International Baptist Kindergarten

Next to the Batptist University, Kowloon Tong.

Hope this will help you out! How much is Anfield, why do you think this is good for your kid?

發表於 09-2-2 21:23 |顯示全部帖子
我都聽過很多人說如果有verbal acceptance的話,校方收的機會很大。

不過,他們如果控制收生人數呢?比方說,我認為這名小朋友ok,比了verbal acceptance。點知明天來的小朋友更好,那麼學校要點做!???

發表於 09-2-2 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
The selection creteria is very simple. The interview date is according to your application date. They will give offer to those who can communcation with the supervisor until no more seat. Then those who meet the standard of English level will put on waiting list.
Once they give you verbal accpetance, they will definitely reserve a place for you unless you give up.

原帖由 alunsweeney 於 09-2-2 21:23 發表
我都聽過很多人說如果有verbal acceptance的話,校方收的機會很大。

不過,他們如果控制收生人數呢?比方說,我認為這名小朋友ok,比了verbal acceptance。點知明天來的小朋友更好,那麼學校要點做!??? ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-2 22:15 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-3 00:11 |顯示全部帖子

Kindergarten

原帖由 little-noon 於 09-2-2 14:39 發表
May I know KCBK stand for ?? Coz I enroll Anfield Kindergarten for my son, its too expensive!!
Thanks!!

My daughter is studying in Anfield, the school is good, the teachers are good and caring, i am very satisfied with the school ...

How about you? your daughter enrolled K1 in next year ?

發表於 09-2-3 12:52 |顯示全部帖子
Aiya... I am very frustrated here!
My girl got accept from Anfield (Whampoa Campus). But she will get an interview on next week. Don't know what to choose if she got accepted. Andfield is walkable distance but $2000 different between KBCK.  
Lots of Pros and cons in my mind here:
1) KBCK:cheaper tuition
2) KBCK Seems high chance to get into ESF
3) Anfield provide mandarin lesson
4) Anfield seems more focus on discipline training

Anyone can help me one whatelse of good and bad side of these 2 schools~

Thanks a million

[ 本帖最後由 Chewy 於 09-2-3 12:54 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-4 17:53 |顯示全部帖子
kbck 的老師是西人嗎? 很多本所國際幼稚園的老師(net)都不是西人,但收得很貴。

其實有得學mandarin都是好事。但怕小朋友太早會confuse!此外kbck的school bus service很有限制,
不是區區都可安排。小朋友讀書的地方越近越方便,此是無可厚非的。

發表於 09-2-4 20:23 |顯示全部帖子
some are mix and some are 西人. Not 100%  西人.
Language development should start on early stage. Kids at 3 years old are very smart and can tell the difference. Both Anfiled and KBCK need to attend some "Chinese/Mandrain" playgroup few times a week to have any early explosure.

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-5 18:47 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-5 18:10 |顯示全部帖子
對不起,one more questions

1) 在interview的時候,老師會問家長問題嗎?

2) 你的小朋友可以用全eng回答他們嗎?

3) 你現在有沒有帶小朋友去學中文?

4) 學校的紀律很自由嗎?

發表於 09-2-5 19:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 alunsweeney 於 09-2-5 18:10 發表
對不起,one more questions

1) 在interview的時候,老師會問家長問題嗎?
no.
2) 你的小朋友可以用全eng回答他們嗎?
yes, speak chinese =fail
3) 你現在有沒有帶小朋友去學中文?
yes,
4) 學校的紀律很自由嗎? ...

yes. It is very free but good 紀律.

Good Luck

發表於 09-2-6 13:41 |顯示全部帖子
matthewdad

Thanks for your answers indeed. You must be very proud of your kid!!!

May I know how did you train up your kid to speak such fluent English to win the interview?

Alun Sweeney

發表於 09-2-6 14:46 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Chewy 於 09-2-3 12:52 發表
Aiya... I am very frustrated here!
My girl got accept from Anfield (Whampoa Campus). But she will get an interview on next week. Don't know what to choose if she got accepted. Andfield is wal ...

Hi

If you target ESF primary, KBCK is good for you.
KBCK school bus has a TST, Hunghom route, but not sure if it's still available in next school term, it depends on how many students in that zone & then they decide the bus route.

Anfield has Mandarin lesson while KBCK use english only, teachers, kids, parents, school office & school helpers , all are requested to speak english only.

Hope it can help you

發表於 09-2-6 16:06 |顯示全部帖子
yes, your are right, the route of school bus is very limited. As long as you get the acceptance, you have to liasize with the school bus company and to request for a route asap.

Mill Travel Company - Miss Chan 9552 0638

Good Luck!!!

發表於 09-2-7 01:32 |顯示全部帖子
deleted deleted

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-7 01:36 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-7 01:45 |顯示全部帖子
He learn from his brother and at school as I spent most of my time on his elder brother. His English is only average in his Class.

I will put more effort on chinese reading/mandrain this year to build good foundation. To my concern, it is equally improtant to be good at both English+Chinese and desirbale to learn one more language.

Any good news on KBCK interview today?

原帖由 alunsweeney 於 09-2-6 13:41 發表
matthewdad

Thanks for your answers indeed. You must be very proud of your kid!!!

May I know how did you train up your kid to speak such fluent English to win the interview?

Alun Sweeney

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-7 01:52 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-7 02:20 |顯示全部帖子
matthewdad

Thanks for your concern indeed. My son's interview will be held on 19 Feb (Tuesday) and I will take one-day off to attend it. Hope I will share a piece of good news fwith you.

My son was attending pre-nursery class in YMCA Int'l kindergarten for four months before but now I withdrew. I immediately enrolled two extra-curriculum ie. phonics + mini sports for him. Two courses are conducted in English. He attended the first phonics this afternoon and he enjoyed so much

發表於 09-2-8 19:38 |顯示全部帖子
hi alunsweeney

May I ask u where did yr son study in YMCA (2/F or 3/F) and why u quit?  My son's studying in pre-K class (2/F) and I'm thinking between YMCA (registered already) & KBCK (interview in March).

原帖由 alunsweeney 於 09-2-7 02:20 發表
matthewdad

Thanks for your concern indeed. My son's interview will be held on 19 Feb (Tuesday) and I will take one-day off to attend it. Hope I will share a piece of good news fwith you.

My son was  ...

發表於 09-2-8 23:18 |顯示全部帖子
yes, he studied on the 2/F and he was sick in early days and my husband and I consented to quit. Therefore I wrote the letter of withdrawal to the school.

My son was getting well and my husband wanted him to go back to school but his place was occupied by a new student!

Most teachers in YMCA are Indian/Chinese and they will provide 15-30 minutes in Mandarin class but there will be no Mandarin class in KBCK

YMCA school fee is much more expensive than KBCK too.