密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 把英語C級的學生提升至A級的要訣
發新帖
查看: 1185|回覆: 16
go

把英語C級的學生提升至A級的要訣

發表於 09-2-5 23:17 |顯示全部帖子
我沒有魔法棒,就是基於我對興趣信心是學習的兩支強心針的信念,在短短的六個月內把一位對英語敬而遠之,英文科成績處於C級的學生提升至A級的上游,成為全班之冠,她是嘉嘉
剛七歲的嘉嘉是一個可愛的女孩子,學習時總帶着笑容。每當我評估一個學生的水平時,我都會請他朗讀一些英語給我聽,嘉嘉朗讀時給我的印象是沒信心和害羞,而於讀音方面的掌握亦較薄弱。為什麼我要考驗她的說話能力呢?兒童對語言的認知過程是聽、說、讀及寫。四者息息相關、相輔相。說話水平反映了一個小朋友對英語的敏感度(sensitivity)及興趣,亦同時表現了他的自信心。
聽和說是語言的啓蒙過程,今語言實用化、生活化,學習充滿樂趣和成就感。掌握了嘉嘉對英語的敏感度及興趣的水平後,我便能因才施教,計劃學習路向及選擇教材。首先,我透過鼓勵及趣味性教學方法,把嘉嘉的興趣及信心推至最巔峯。然後採取雙軌並行的方法,一方面應付校方要求,確保完全掌握校內的課程,成功應付考試及測驗,成績處於最理想的範圍內。另一方面,以Oxford Reading Tree和Rainbow Magic Series開展嘉嘉對說、聽和讀的訓練,並為日後在”寫”方面的學習鋪路。嘉嘉由第五級開始學習,現在巳經閱讀第十級的Treetop了。她的聲音已經由害羞變為充滿自信,而且在發音及聲調兩方面也表現了” 大躍進” 。而Rainbow Magic Series 亦已完成了十四本了,她手不釋卷,還立下决心要把現時約八十本的Rainbow Magic Series看完。往後我會進一步提升她說話的停頓、語氣及強弱等。在” 寫” 方面,我採用了配合英國及愛爾蘭校內英語課程的習作,這些習作都是以活動為基礎(activity-based) 及文體為基礎(contextual-based) 的,學英語就是學習生活,比亞洲人把英語作為一門學術科目研習更富趣味性和實用性。嘉嘉快完成七至八歲的習作了,我不是” 拔苗助長” 的支持者,往後會因應她的水平給她進階課程。教材和教法固然重要,但成功之道還在於與學生及家長之問的互動及溝通,把” 死” 的教材轉變成” 的知識。嘉嘉的熱誠和媽媽的無限支持便造就了一個成功的互動教育例子。
另文介紹如何把一個在粵語環境中長大的幼兒轉向” 英語台”

Daisy
二OO九年二月五日

發表於 09-2-8 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 daisyswhui 於 09-2-5 23:17 發表
我沒有魔法棒,就是基於我對” 興趣” 和” 信心” 是學習的兩支” 強心針” 的信念,在短短的六個月內把一位對英語” 敬而遠之” ,英文科成績處於C級的學生提升至A級的上游,成為全班之冠,她是嘉嘉。
剛七歲的嘉嘉是一個可愛 ...

HI!
請問你是不是英文老師?

發表於 09-2-9 22:49 |顯示全部帖子

你是否一位補習英文科的老師?

我仔仔今年九月要升小五,但英文考試經常不合格. 點算好?

發表於 09-2-10 13:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 20091 於 09-2-8 10:39 發表

HI!
請問你是不是英文老師?

小朋友從三歲到現在七年間是怎樣學英語的?

分享: 我曾經教授一名剛升上中一的男學生,開始時他對英語完全沒有興趣和缺乏信心,上課態度亦不好。我用了半年時間為他"注射"兩支強心針---興趣和自信。我針對其弱點,先協助他在考試和測驗方面取得較好成績,挽回他的自信心。然後教授他較生活化的學習技巧和製造一個較理想的英語學習環境,能應用於生活便使學習更富趣味性。我再與他一起分析自身的强弱,並定下目標,編劃一個學習藍圖。做任何事情必須要有目標,才能立下决心以致成功。

發表於 09-2-10 22:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 sukitsue 於 09-2-9 22:49 發表
我仔仔今年九月要升小五,但英文考試經常不合格. 點算好?

小朋友從三歲到現在七年間是怎樣學英語的?

分享:我曾經教授一名剛升上中一的男學生,開始時他對英語完全沒有興趣和缺乏信心,上課態度亦不好。我用了半年時間為他"注射"兩支強心針---興趣和自信。我針對其弱點,先協助他在考試和測驗方面取得較好成績,挽回他的自信心。然後教授他較生活化的學習技巧和製造一個較理想的英語學習環境,能應用於生活便使學習更富趣味性。我再與他一起分析自身的强弱,並定下目標,編劃一個學習藍圖。做任何事情必須要有目標,才能立下决心以致成功。

發表於 09-2-10 23:14 |顯示全部帖子

你是否一位補習老師?

你是否一位補習老師?你知不知道何處補習班好?

發表於 09-2-11 11:12 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 sukitsue 於 09-2-10 23:14 發表
你是否一位補習老師?你知不知道何處補習班好?

首先要明白子女的學習困難及需要,然後尋找合適的方法及途徑協肋子女學習。

發表於 09-2-12 09:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 daisyswhui 於 09-2-11 11:12 發表

首先要明白子女的學習困難及需要,然後尋找合適的方法及途徑協肋子女學習。

你是老師嗎? 如果是, 請PM我, thanks

發表於 09-2-14 15:28 |顯示全部帖子
diasywhui,

are you a tutor?would you pm your contatct?

I agree very much to your approach to teach English.

My son is in p4, English is not so good.

He is now with one foreign tutor,teaching him phonic and reading. And I will read English books with him like ORT level 7, Ursborne readers. But this is not very effective in boosting his marks in school.

I am thinking of employing another Chinese Eng teacher to teach him grammar and writing,
but don't have suitabe one.

You are available or you have any comment on my plan? Where I can find your writing exercises?

發表於 09-2-15 07:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ALAL 於 09-2-14 15:28 發表
diasywhui,

are you a tutor?would you pm your contatct?

I agree very much to your approach to teach English.

My son is in p4, English is not so good.

He is now with one foreign tutor,teaching him  ...

Hi, there!  Yes, I'm teaching English freelance.  I've been teaching for a couple of years and therefore I'd like to share my experience with other parents.  

My students, as young as four, usually start with speaking and listening followed by reading and writing.  

In your son's case, you're right with phonics and reading.   The Oxford Reading Tree series provide superb reading materials for young learners.  One of my students, a boy in P1, is reading Level 7 (UK version) at present.  

I believe that strong speaking, listening and reading skill will augur well for good writing.  You'd continue to sustain his skill in these three areas.  At the same time, it's natural to think that a Chinese instructor might be more effective in explaining grammar and usage to a Chinese learner.

Cheers
Daisy

發表於 09-2-15 07:55 |顯示全部帖子
hi Daisy,

Unfortunately my son is already p4 and he just has one year to boost his Englsh, before the 2nd term of p5 when marks have to be counted for promtion to secondary. His mark is low, his motivation to improve his English is weak and you are right that something has to do to lift his confidence.

He is not so listenig to me,  nor doing exercises I give but he is obedient to good teacher.

發表於 09-2-16 06:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ALAL 於 09-2-15 07:55 發表
hi Daisy,

Unfortunately my son is already p4 and he just has one year to boost his Englsh, before the 2nd term of p5 when marks have to be counted for promtion to secondary. His mark is low, his moti ...

It sounds to me that you need someone to boost his marks in the short term.  That's what I've done with my F.1 student.  It's true that marks are important to a certain extent and that a good result helps to uplift self confidence and thus interest.  

A short term strategy is to follow up on his home assignments closely and go through his test papers, finding out his strength.  By focusiing on his strength, he is able to maximize his effort in getting a good mark in areas that he is strong and have more confidence.   

Your son needs support and encouragement.  At the same time, he needs a little time for activities in order to relieve his "pressure".  This helps to "regenerate" his energy in working hard towards his target.  Going for an English movie or buying him a toy with English instructions will do.  

: )

發表於 09-2-18 11:39 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Daisy,

May I know that how did you teach your 4 years old student English?

Which level of ORT can he read?

Thanks.

發表於 09-2-19 10:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Nicoletaka 於 09-2-18 11:39 發表
Dear Daisy,

May I know that how did you teach your 4 years old student English?

Which level of ORT can he read?

Thanks.

Hi, there!  You may refer to my article on which I gave an outline on how I taught the little girl during the last half year.   To make the studies of a toddler a success, the effort of stakeholders are crucial.  Stakeholders include parents, teachers and may be siblings, friends etc.

Cheers.
Daisy

發表於 09-2-19 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, Daisy,
請問你可有幫人補習英文???我小女4歲???
thx!

我沒有魔法棒,就是基於我對” 興趣” 和” 信心” 是學習的兩支” 強心針” 的信念,在短短的六個月內把一位對英語” 敬而遠之” ,英文科成績處於C級的學生提升至A級的上游,成為全班之冠,她是嘉嘉。
剛七歲的嘉嘉是一個可愛 ...

發表於 09-2-19 17:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, Daisy,
請問你可有幫人補習英文???我小女4歲???
thx!

剛七歲的嘉嘉是一個可愛 ...

發表於 09-2-19 17:43 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, Daisy,
請問你可有幫人補習英文???我小女4歲???
thx!