搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Canadian international
發新帖
查看: 2010|回覆: 14
go

Canadian international

發表於 09-2-12 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

May I know know much it costs per month (Grade 7) in Canadian international school?
Any extra fee need to paid?

Thank you for sharing

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-12 19:06 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 achow 於 09-2-12 14:13 發表
Dear all,

May I know know much it costs per month (Grade 7) in Canadian international school?
Any extra fee need to paid?

Thank you for sharing

參考以下的website。
http://www.cdnis.edu.hk/en/admissions/acceptance.jsp

發表於 09-2-13 11:09 |顯示全部帖子
I have 2 friends (Canadians) acted as the teachers from that Canadian International School for many years.  They were very nice and polite.  However, their comments were very negative about the school and the students.  Just a thought and another insider's view.

發表於 09-2-13 16:06 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Onsen,

Thank you for your info. Actually is my cousin who wanted their kids to study in this school- They are planning to come back to HK in March.

原帖由 Onsen 於 09-2-13 11:09 發表
I have 2 friends (Canadians) acted as the teachers from that Canadian International School for many years.  They were very nice and polite.  However, their comments were very negative about the school ...

發表於 09-2-13 17:29 |顯示全部帖子
As my friends told me, almost all students at Canadian International are local kids who can afford the high tuition.  Many of them are really not up to par.  So, this is really not much of an international school, other than a local school with English as the medium.  But then they may be bias because they were the teachers there.  I knew them for a few years.  I even went to their home for party.  So, it is more an insider talk.

If you friend wants to come back to HK to study, they should choose either those truly international schools like HKIS and ESF, not the look-alike.  My friend's daughter was graduated at HKIS.  She ended up finishing her education at MIT and U of Chicago.  

原帖由 achow 於 09-2-13 16:06 發表
Dear Onsen,

Thank you for your info. Actually is my cousin who wanted their kids to study in this school- They are planning to come back to HK in March.

發表於 09-2-14 00:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-2-13 17:29 發表
As my friends told me, almost all students at Canadian International are local kids who can afford the high tuition.  Many of them are really not up to par.  So, this is really not much of an internat ...

Didn't mean to challenge you but I was wondering why are your friends still teaching there if they don't like the school or students?

Do they know the true meaning of education? If so, they should try to do something extra to change the situation around and to help the students. Being a teacher is not just a mere job.

For Canadians moving or returning to HK, this school is the first or, perhaps,  the best choice for their kids.

發表於 09-2-14 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, I don't want to bad mouth the school.  I am not in the position to do that.  As I said, this is just a social talk with the teachers here.  Personally, I have nothing to do with this school.  I just heard from 2 teachers' comments.  As I said, they may have bias view toward the school.  I am sure anyone who has experience with this school would be better in the position to comment than me.   Same thing happens to American International School.  But that is another story.

They told me that the school is located in Kowloon Tong.  Is it true?  Are you talking about the same school?

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-2-14 12:56 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-14 16:27 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Onsen,

Don't have to be sorry. I just wanted to express my opinion. No offense though.

發表於 09-2-14 23:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Oh, my son's best friend is studying there, for 3 years already. But seems he and his parents are satisfied with the school. They said most of he students are mixed (Chinese + foreign). I saw his class photo and don't have the feeling that the students are mostly local. And, the teaching approach of the school should be international too!?

My son also applied and got accepted by CDNIS. But we did not take the offer as he got accepted by GSIS first. We think GSIS is better than CDNIS. In fact, his best friend did pass the assessment of GSIS (before my son), but he was on the waiting list. Then, he got admitted by CDNIS and his mother gave up his 'seat' on the waiting list for GSIS. I did ask his mother to try 'transfer' him to GSIS as I heard that secondary dept of CDNIS is no good. But she said they are happy with CDNIS, esp. her son, he does not want to change.

Ruby

發表於 09-2-16 11:06 |顯示全部帖子
Onsen,
American International School is in Kowloon Tong, but Canadian International School is on Hong Kong Island side in Wong Chuk Hang.
Could you have got them mixed up?

原帖由 Onsen 於 09-2-14 11:35 發表
They told me that the school is located in Kowloon Tong.  

[ 本帖最後由 mow-mow 於 09-2-16 14:40 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-16 12:40 |顯示全部帖子
Alles klar!  I believe Onsen was talking about the Delia School of Canada, rather than the Canadian International.

發表於 09-2-16 14:39 |顯示全部帖子
Delia School of Canada is also on Hong Kong island side in Tai Koo Shing.
Come to think of it, there was another international school with a name that has Canada in it a few years ago.
It was a really poor school that went bankrupt & was taken over by ESF and eventually became Renaissance College.
That was in Kowloon somewhere.

發表於 09-2-16 17:54 |顯示全部帖子
Delia has a campus in Kowloon Tong.

發表於 09-2-17 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
Dear All,

Million thanks for all your comment. I will pass these messages to them and let them decide themselves.

Have a nice day

發表於 09-3-5 16:31 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Mama's,

Do you know if Canadian International charges children with Canadian passport a cheaper tuition fee?

Thanks.