用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 挪威國際學校
查看: 14764|回覆: 20
go

挪威國際學校

發表於 09-2-4 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
Norweigian International School, 有 沒 有家長比下意見 ? www.nis.edu.hk.  Thanks!

發表於 09-2-7 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
No one can share their thoughts about this school?

發表於 09-2-7 00:36 |顯示全部帖子
I heard NIS is good IS, and quite expensive too, but not much local target this IS though... may be not easy to get it.... you should go to other forum like Geokids to take a look.

發表於 09-2-7 01:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-7 00:36 發表
I heard NIS is good IS, and quite expensive too, but not much local target this IS though... may be not easy to get it.... you should go to other forum like Geokids to take a look.

Thanks. :)

發表於 09-2-14 00:05 |顯示全部帖子
my son just got admitted in NIS. He loves the sschool so much. He gets up so early everyday and get well prepared for school! (unbelievable!)

Well, as observed, NIS is small class teaching, around 10-15 per class with 2 teachers. The school is just like a home, teachers are so nice and experienced, the natural-style playgroud is the most favourite part I like.

發表於 09-2-14 23:50 |顯示全部帖子
but, after grad from this school, which primary does the children go?? thks

發表於 09-2-15 23:02 |顯示全部帖子
"After grad from this school, which secondary does the children go??

This is the major reason for me, why I give up to apply this school.

發表於 09-2-16 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
I m not a NIS parent but as far as I know, there is a joint project among NIS, Japanese International School and Hong Lok Yuen Internationl School for further edcuation for their children.  For those who like NIS, I think it is worth a further investigation on this.  A new international school (up to secondary) will be built on an old school campus in Sha Tau Kok to accommodate kids in North N.T.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-2-16 12:34 |顯示全部帖子
Probably here give you the idea about the secondary education provided after NIS, HLYIS, Kingston, JIS.
Regards,
Maria

http://www.kingston.edu.hk/eng/Special_ICHK.php
International College of Hong Kong awarded a Secondary School site in the New Territories
We are extremely pleased to share some wonderful news with you regarding ICHK. In a press release on October 3rd, 2008, the Government announced its approval for ICHK's bid for vacant school premises. ICHK will be the first International Secondary School in the Northern New Territories, and is a result of a partnership between Kingston International School, Japanese International School and Hong Lok Yuen International School. The site is approximately 8105 square metres. We are very excited about these developments as it marks a significant milestone for Kingston and for the future of our students to be able to offer through train education for all our Primary graduates through both ICHK (GCSE / IBDP) and Creative Secondary School (MYP- IBDP/ HK Certificate). We will continue to keep you well informed regarding the development of ICHK and the steps involved in the application process.

http://www.hlyis.edu.hk/secondary_education.php
HLYIS awarded a Secondary School site in the New Territories
Last Updated: 3-10-2008
Friday, October 3rd PRESS RELEASE FROM HONG LOK YUEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
We are delighted to have been successful in our bid for vacant school premises. We will be establishing the first international secondary school in the Northern New Territories. Students at international primary schools in the area will now have a through train for their secondary education.
The new school will be called "International College Hong Kong" (ICHK).
There will be space for 400 students, studying for the international GCSE at age 16 and for the International Baccalaureate Diploma at age 18.  Like HLYIS, ICHK will be a truly international and inclusive school, with a balance of local and expatriate students from many different nationalities.  It will share the ethos and mission of our primary school.  Every student will be acknowledged as an individual learner and be challenged to fulfill their potential.
International College Hong Kong will have spacious green surroundings and students will learn in a supportive environment with small class sizes.  ICHK will provide some spaces for children with special needs.
HLYIS is in partnership with the Japanese, Norwegian and Kingston International Schools.  ICHK will reserve places in Year 7 for qualified students from those schools, as well as accepting students in Y7-10 from families already in the Northern New Territories, and those families considering a move to the area.
The establishment of this new International School will be making a valuable contribution to the development of the local community and the future of our students. We are proud to be part of this exciting initiative in providing an educational asset for Hong Kong based in a beautiful part of the New Territories.
http://www.hlyis.edu.hk/scn_event_announcement.php?p=&action=list&a=164

http://es.jis.edu.hk/
News Update - Secondary School for JIS
Japanese International School is delighted to announce that it is part of the consortium that has been granted access to develop a new Secondary School in the New Territiories of Hong Kong.
International College Hong Kong will provide an exciting new opportunity for secondary education within the New Territories. With a planned opening date in September 2009 the school will provide full education for JIS students from 4 years to 18 years. The I.B. Diploma will be offered to students as a final qualification. Application may be made by contacting Hong Lok Yuen International School - one of our partner schools in this project. Applications are welcome immediately with interview process taking place late November 2008 - in preparation for admission in August 2009

原帖由 Mighty 於 09-2-16 10:08 發表
I m not a NIS parent but as far as I know, there is a joint project among NIS, Japanese International School and Hong Lok Yuen Internationl School for further edcuation for their children.  For those  ...

發表於 09-2-16 18:44 |顯示全部帖子
Dear YY Fung:

Thanks your reply, however, the following  information seems without to show the NIS has been joined the programe.

The below inforamtion just show the HLYIS, Kingston and  JIS to form the partnership:

"......
ICHK will be the first International Secondary School in the Northern New Territories, and is a result of a partnership between Kingston International School, Japanese International School and Hong Lok Yuen International School..........."

Is that right?

Thanks your information.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-2-16 12:34 發表
Probably here give you the idea about the secondary education provided after NIS, HLYIS, Kingston, JIS.
Regards,
Maria

International College of Hong K ...

發表於 09-2-17 08:22 |顯示全部帖子
Probably I misled you ........... I wanted to respond to the content talking about ICHK (international college of Hong Kong) originally.

Yes, you are correct - I read these websites again, together with the NIS. Nothing about NIS in collaboration.

Kind regards,
Maria

原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-2-16 18:44 發表
Dear YY Fung:

Thanks your reply, however, the following  information seems without to show the NIS has been joined the programe.

The below inforamtion just show the HLYIS, Kingston and  JIS to form  ...

發表於 09-2-17 21:34 |顯示全部帖子
but from the link YYFUNG provided, it does say:

"HLYIS is in partnership with the Japanese, Norwegian and Kingston
International
Schools.
ICHK will reserve places in Year 7 for qualified students from those schools, as well as accepting students in Y7-10 from families already in the
Northern
New
Territories, and those families considering a move to the area. "

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-2-16 12:34 發表
Regards,
Maria

International College of Hong K ...

發表於 09-2-18 13:39 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

My daughter is going to have a interview for K3 next week.  I am still in struggling as most of the IS is Receiption then go to Primary 1.  I don't understand how come there is a K3 in this school.  Besides, can everyone tell me whether this school is good or not.  Is there any guarantee to get into "Grade 1" after K3?  Which country of this IS belongs to?   America?  Thanks in advance.

發表於 09-3-26 15:22 |顯示全部帖子

NIS

The NIS Kider is part of NIS Primary School.  So the students from K3 will direct go into grade 1 of NIS.  This is a good school if your child need special care since it is only around 10 students in a class.  They are so close with teacher, principal, parents and students as well.  They are in a big family.  The teacher can give full understanding of your child's study in school.  Their staff are very helpful including administrative staff, teahers and principal.  But their acadamic may be a lttle bit lower than other IS.  They use IPC - International Primary Curriculum not IB.  Some of their grade 4 to 6 student can go into RCHK grade 5 to 8.  I hope it can help you la....  Oops I am one of NIS parent la...  Here is the website : www.nis.edu.hk     Good Luck

發表於 09-3-26 15:27 |顯示全部帖子
It is a Norwegian International School. a country from North Europe.  The broad of director is still norwegian. They have a family of two kids from Norway studing in the school of grade 3 &1 now.  It charge 5000 something for grade 1

發表於 10-5-27 16:50 |顯示全部帖子
Anybody can give me some ideas of their interview?  As my son is studying in local school P4, wanna know what questions will be asked , thanks!

發表於 10-5-27 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
Anybody can give me some ideas of their interview?  As my son is studying in local school P4, wanna know what questions will be asked , thanks!

發表於 10-6-1 16:37 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-1 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 reneeleung 於 10-6-1 16:37 發表
For your information, SWCK amalgamated with NIS.

From SWCK May 2010 Parent notice:"
Thank you to all the parents who came last week to our information evening to learn more about our amalgamation wit ...

RENEE,

咁NIS即係有冇中學LINK到呀?
我老公想個女讀呢間~~~
但我就覺得KCIS好....

發表於 10-6-1 17:28 |顯示全部帖子
Why not try their summer program/ Sat program, see it is the school for you.  Though, it may not the full picture, some pieces better than nothing.

原帖由 crystalpui 於 10-6-1 17:24 發表

RENEE,

咁NIS即係有冇中學LINK到呀?
我老公想個女讀呢間~~~
但我就覺得KCIS好....