教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Wu Kai Sha Kindergarten Bulletin
發新帖
查看: 5073|回覆: 12
go

ESF Wu Kai Sha Kindergarten Bulletin

發表於 09-2-17 00:46 |顯示全部帖子
See this notice for ESF WKS Kindergarten :

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha/KWKS%20-%20Update%20Feb09.pdf

Several meetings have been conducted over these past few weeks which gave us an ideal opportunity to meet with many parents interested in securing
a place for their child in the Wu Kai Sha indergarten. All those invited had already submitted an application form and been allocated a place so it was good to meet ‘face-to-face’ and begin the process of getting to know our future parents better.

It was our pleasure to confirm the good news for parents of 2005 born children [who would be due to start kindergarten as a K2 student]... Those
children will have priority for an interview in either an ESF Foundation Primary School, or an ESF Private Independent College. The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children.

Following the successful meetings, an opportunity was given to all parents to visit ESF's International Kindergarten in Tsing Yi, because of course Wu Kai
Sha is still in the process of development.

It was rewarding to receive so many flattering comments about the Tsing Yi kindergarten and to know that parents felt their time was very well spent.

Questions were raised about the completion of the Lake Silver development, and it is ESF’s understanding that the occupation permit for the
whole building is due in May. That is the point when ESF will commence its own internal fit-out, and all is currently on schedule .

Many families have also signed contracts, so it is indeed heartening that places are beginning to fill up.
Applications will however continue to be received, so please pass this information on to friends, colleagues or relatives!

Any interested parties should call Mr Dinesh Daswani on 2760 3913. The newly appointed Principal, Marilyn Clark will be in Hong Kong next term, so an invitation to meet her will be extended to all those who have already signed contracts. Her biography is being posted alongside this up-date so that everyone can celebrate the wonderful news of her appointment.

發表於 09-2-17 00:47 |顯示全部帖子
And here is the Bio of the principal Marilyn Clark:

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha/Bio%20notes%20from%20Marilyn%20Clark.pdf

發表於 09-2-17 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
Tks a lot popolung!

發表於 09-2-17 16:34 |顯示全部帖子

Bad news for other ESF kinder

I think It is a good new for new K2 at WKS, who just study ESF kinder for 4 months before interview.

But is it enought interview opportunity for all Cat. 1, sibling, ESF kinder students?
I knew that even Cat 2 Abacus students cannot be offered a chance for interview at Clearwater Bay School.

I think some of ESF kinder students will be disappointed as no chance for interview.
@@Bad news for existing ESF kinder students. @@

發表於 09-2-17 23:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 play 於 09-2-17 16:34 發表
I think It is a good new for new K2 at WKS, who just study ESF kinder for 4 months before interview.

But is it enought interview opportunity for all Cat. 1, sibling, ESF kinder students?
I knew that  ...

u could imagine in the coming years, additional 180 ESF kindergarten applicants (total 720 amongst 4 ESF kindergartens) will be on top of those non-ESF applicants.
If it is a bad news for existing ESF kindergarten applicants, it is a nightmare for non ESF Cat 2 applicants!

發表於 09-2-17 23:36 |顯示全部帖子
It still comes down to how good the kids at WKS can speak English after 4 months at the new school.

So, if the kids really have good English skills to pass the interview, then I think that's only fair that they get their spots in the primary schools.

發表於 09-2-18 11:06 |顯示全部帖子
Both Sheung Wan and Abacus have capacity for 176 children daily featuring four
classes of approximately 22 children in the morning, and another four classes of 22
children in the afternoon. Each session is three hours in length. Tsing Yi is currently
our largest kindergarten, with double the number of classes, spread over two levels,
having four classes on the ground floor and four more on a mezzanine level. Tsing Yi,
like Abacus and Sheung Wan, operates a morning and afternoon programme, with an
average class-size of 22 children and three members of staff per class. Wu Kai Sha,
when it opens, will be slightly smaller than Tsing Yi, with seven classes of children.

{With the mixed-aged class, nearly 500 K2 for four ESF kindergarten}

原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-17 23:19 發表

u could imagine in the coming years, additional 180 ESF kindergarten applicants (total 720 amongst 4 ESF kindergartens) will be on top of those non-ESF applicants.
If it is a bad news for existing E ...

發表於 09-2-18 11:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 play 於 09-2-18 11:06 發表
Both Sheung Wan and Abacus have capacity for 176 children daily featuring four
classes of approximately 22 children in the morning, and another four classes of 22
children in the afternoon. Each sessi ...

Thanks for your clarification!
500 is quite a large no.
Currently there are only 11 ESF primary schools (exclude Jockey Club but include RC and DC). Amongst them will be 2 to 5 classes of year 1 per school (also from the school capacity mentioned in the website) roughly total 40 classes for 30 children capacity. Total ESF Year 1 in Hong Kong is around 1200. That means ~700 space available for non ESF kinder children in 2010 and onwards.

How many non-ESF Kindergarten and how many children there are targeting ESF? no idea...for sure the number is growing...

發表於 09-2-18 12:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-18 11:22 發表

Thanks for your clarification!
500 is quite a large no.
Currently there are only 11 ESF primary schools (exclude Jockey Club but include RC and DC). Amongst them will be 2 to 5 classes of year 1 per  ...

Some Cat 2 students in ESF Kinder don't have interview at all this year, so you have to understand ESF is built for Cat 1 students, and priority will be:

1. Cat 1 students (with sibling, study in ESF kinder, ESF staff's kid, etc)

2. Other Cat 1 students (also include corporate surety program for overseas expat's kid)

3. Cat 2 students (with sibling, study in ESF kinder, ESF staff's kid, etc)

4. Cat 2 students (other)

So this year only 1 or 2 has chance to interview, even many Cat 1 student has to wait. So for 3 & 4 either you are very lucky to be in school placement zone that has lesser Cat 1, or you have to wait from now to Aug, to see if there is anyone drop out......

發表於 09-2-18 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-18 12:50 發表

Some Cat 2 students in ESF Kinder don't have interview at all this year, so you have to understand ESF is built for Cat 1 students, and priority will be:

1. Cat 1 students (with sibling, study in E ...

I'm No.4 and still waiting for a chance of interview...too bad.

發表於 09-2-18 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-18 13:36 發表

Good Luck!

發表於 09-2-18 14:54 |顯示全部帖子
May I know what it your child's alternative?
Is it RC?

原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-18 13:36 發表

發表於 09-2-18 15:18 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 play 於 09-2-18 14:54 發表
May I know what it your child's alternative?
Is it RC?

Luckily enough, my daughter has got an offer from RC.
For me, RC is a good school (although many comments said it is new, less english speaking coz some students are from local/less "international" school,...I don't think it is inferior to other ESF schools in terms of hardware[new facilities] and software[an ESF school should have qualified teacher]).
Only Geographical location is my most concern (My Office in Tsuen Wan...MOS is a little bit far away...I am still waiting K1 in TY kinda for my son... and i am not sure where i should move...)