搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 anyone knows ESF Kinder vs RC ratio
發新帖
查看: 1862|回覆: 2
go

anyone knows ESF Kinder vs RC ratio [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-20 21:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My boy got an offer from ESF Wu Kai Sha PM session.  but he is in CAT3, I worry very much if he can't go to Yr 1 in RC.
Since WKS is a new kinder, that means there will be around 300more kids to compete the seats in RC Yr1.
Anyone knows which branches of ESF kinder will go to RC?  and how many seats in fact RC yr 1 has?
Thank you very much
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-2-21 01:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 sanlap 於 09-2-20 21:55 發表
My boy got an offer from ESF Wu Kai Sha PM session.  but he is in CAT3, I worry very much if he can't go to Yr 1 in RC.
Since WKS is a new kinder, that means there will be around 300more kids to compe ...

visit RC website and u will find all you answers...(seems no CAT3 applicants in ESF categories...u may have 3 CATS at home...)
Here are some extracts and my own foundings:
-RC has no catchment area. everybody lives in everywhere in Hong Kong can apply;
-some moms worked out no. K2 children amongst 4 ESF kinda : ~500 kids per year but not all of them will apply RC (of course non ESF kid can also apply)
-this year 350 applicants chased for 150 (someone say 5 classes Yr. 1 in RC). Seemed every applicant got the chance for interview (total 8 working days arranged for 1st round interview);
- not everybody treat RC as 1st choice this year(other ESF schools seems popular than RC according to comment from this forum); applicants on waiting list will have a great chance to get an offer this year;
-i guess there will be more and more applicants in RC in the coming years. Maybe not everybody can get the chance for 1st round interview; but children from ESF kinda will have priority for 1st round interview (like DC this year...also visit DC website to find some statistics)
My comment is that if you accept WKS's offer, your boy will have a great chance to have an interview if u apply RC when he is K2. All u need to do is to get well prepared for the interview in the coming 23 months. (Admission requirement/interview details can be found in ESF kindergarten website)
Hope these info helps.

3#
發表於 09-2-21 13:15 |只看該作者
RC do not have catchment area restriction. This is for sure. So anyone can apply but I would think that most students are probably still from either NT or Kowloon.

However, other than this, they have not told outsiders what their admission policy is exactly. They should have some kind of policy but everything is internal. Even the teachers would not know, unless they are in the core group helping with admission process.

However, by observing and asking around, I noted these:

English standard is the top priority. Having a sibling already with RC would not help your case, unless your younger one is also competent in English. Even being with ESF kindergarten is not a sure-win case. RC does not have to give ESF kindergartens priorities.

This year, I do not have enough cases to support me. But last year, RC has taken children from quite a lot of English speaking kindergartens. Children they have taken last year are mostly very outspoken and cheerful. So I think they do not only look at your English standard but your personality as well. It is quite understandable because the IB curriculum requires more than merely good English. I presume that it would not help if parents try to "train" their children to be the quiet, bookworm type.

It is still too early to presume that everyone at WKS would want to go to RC. In fact, I think most of them would probably not choose RC in the end. It appears to me that WKS (in fact most ESF kindies) mostly cater local Chinese kids. Western kids mostly go to other kindergartens. And, most local Chinese parents do prefer the older ESF schools, so I guess WKS kids would more likely go to SJS.

Although they said that this year there are 400+ applicants for 100+ places at RC, it is not the equavalent of 25% chance for everyone. On the other hand, even if there are only 90 applicants for 100+ places, it does not mean that anyone has 100% chance to get in.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題