搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Mandarin Classes at Earth Village
發新帖
查看: 4770|回覆: 10
go

Mandarin Classes at Earth Village [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-23 08:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Anyone have experience with Earth Village in Universal Trade Centre?  

I know they mainly teach children who go to international school.  Does anyone know whether their Chinese program is good?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-2-23 09:52 |只看該作者
My son has been learning Putonghua/ Chinese language in Earth Village for more than one and a half years.

Teachers there are native Putonghua speaking ones.  They will focus on the weakness of you kid and then design the programme for him.  However you need to communicate with the teacher there (they have a teacher who is responsbile for this).  They have their own materials.  For example, compenhension, they will some very easy essay for the beginner to start with.  So far, I am satisfied with the result althought it is a bit more expensive than others.

3#
發表於 09-2-23 12:17 |只看該作者
thank you cherubic.

May I know how much does it cost per hour?  Are all the teachers from mainland china?

Do you know anything about Better Chinese in Causeway Bay?  I am doing the comparison of the two centres.

原帖由 cherubic 於 09-2-23 09:52 發表
My son has been learning Putonghua/ Chinese language in Earth Village for more than one and a half years.

Teachers there are native Putonghua speaking ones.  They will focus on the weakness of you k ...

4#
發表於 09-2-23 12:36 |只看該作者
About $240 per hour;1 to 4.  I am not sure whether all of them come from mainland, but they are native Putonghua speaking (I don't know if any come from Taiwan).

Some of my son's classmates learn Putonghua in Better Chinese, the feedback is also positive.  I don't know more than this.

原帖由 nvmom 於 09-2-23 12:17 發表
thank you cherubic.

May I know how much does it cost per hour?  Are all the teachers from mainland china?

Do you know anything about Better Chinese in Causeway Bay?  I am doing the comparison of the ...

5#
發表於 09-2-23 12:52 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 09-2-23 13:11 |只看該作者
My son started at K2 so no assessment was required for him as he was considered as kid without any prior knowledge.  At one occasion, I see a parent enquire about the course.  The staff there asked, in detail, the standard of her girl.  For example, which school she is studying in and whether she has joined any Putonghua course elsewhere.  But I don't know whether she needs to be assessed subsequently.  Obviously the reasons for those questions is to identify an appropriate level for her.

The time is flexible but depending on whether the class has already been full.  Sat is popular so it may be difficult compared to other weekdays.

They have their own materials.  Other than that, they will buy books for you, those are local materials.

原帖由 kaka2000 於 09-2-23 12:52 發表
Also, I am curious to know if there is assessment for individual child for selecting the appropriate level for them before starting. Is the time schedule flexible, that means there are different time  ...

7#
發表於 09-2-23 13:38 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 09-2-23 23:59 |只看該作者
Thank you cherubic.

Anyone have experience with 陸陳漢語語言學校 in TST?  I heard they use all mainland textbooks and follow the mainland curriculum.  I never tried their class before but have been to their talk.  It sounded too good to be true.

Any thoughts on this school?

原帖由 cherubic 於 09-2-23 13:11 發表
My son started at K2 so no assessment was required for him as he was considered as kid without any prior knowledge.  At one occasion, I see a parent enquire about the course.  The staff there asked, i ...

9#
發表於 09-2-24 10:17 |只看該作者
Where is the Centre?  Any website?  Thank you.

原帖由 nvmom 於 09-2-23 08:23 發表
Anyone have experience with Earth Village in Universal Trade Centre?  

I know they mainly teach children who go to international school.  Does anyone know whether their Chinese program is good?

10#
發表於 09-2-24 12:53 |只看該作者
It is located in Caine Road, near Central.  I am not aware that they have a website.

原帖由 tpoon 於 09-2-24 10:17 發表
Where is the Centre?  Any website?  Thank you.

11#
發表於 09-2-25 17:07 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題