用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀? ...
查看: 6196|回覆: 57
go

幸運(苦惱)的一群,聖心和聖保祿都收,點揀?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 17:55 |顯示全部帖子
Notice a mom received PM offer from spk already (with SHCK offer too), just interested for everyone to share their opinions.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1703117&page=2#pid26709319

Criteria to be considered (as suggested by parents and myself):
(Last updated 5/3/2009 at 9:41pm)

(1) AM or PM session offered;
(2) Causeway bay vs Central/Western District
(3) English Medium Primary vs Chinese Medium Primary (Both Secondary sections are EMI)
(4) Whole day Primary vs Half day primary (AM is Private and PM is Gov't Aided) (Note 1)
(5) School fees (KG and Primary)
(6) Spaciousness of the kindergarten
(7) Same or different locations with Primary and Secondary sections
(8) Teachers' friendliness and attitudes towards parents and children
(9) 品德培養
(10) Distance from home to kindergarten
(11) School uniform?!
(12) Academic results of secondary section (Note 2)

above all, listen to your own gut feelings about which kindergarten you like more!

Notes (1):
(a) School time for SPCS (Primary section) is from 8:30am to 3:00pm;
(b) School time for SHCSPS is from 7:40am to 12:35pm
(c) School time for SHCS is from 12:40pm to 5:35pm (P1 to P4) and from 8:45pm to 3:20pm (P5 to P6)

Note (2):
SPCS HKCEE result
http://ihouse.hkedcity.net/~sp1400/prospectus.pdf

SHCC HKCEE result
http://www.shcc.edu.hk/info/061107aa.pdf

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-16 11:08 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-4 18:05 |顯示全部帖子
聖心和聖保祿都收咱叻恭禧哂‧聖心係咪早上定係聖保祿早上‧我揀返早果間

發表於 09-3-4 18:08 |顯示全部帖子
選AM or PM, 重要過選學校本身嗎?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 18:14 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, congratulations to petralee.

But why is AM session so important to many parents that can be used to decide to go to which kindergarten?  Is this related to sleeping habit?  

I applied PM session for my daughter as first choice for both kindergartens, so luckily it won't happen to be assigned to AM session by doing so.  I guess for those children who used to sleep early and wake up early, going to school in PM session may not be as desired.

原帖由 winchoy16888 於 09-3-4 18:05 發表
聖心和聖保祿都收咱叻恭禧哂‧聖心係咪早上定係聖保祿早上‧我揀返早果間

發表於 09-3-4 18:15 |顯示全部帖子
I will choose st paul..

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 18:15 |顯示全部帖子
Same wonder as you have.

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-3-4 18:08 發表
選AM or PM, 重要過選學校本身嗎?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 18:16 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks wheellun, but what's the reason behind the choice?

原帖由 wheellun 於 09-3-4 18:15 發表
I will choose st paul..

發表於 09-3-4 18:22 |顯示全部帖子
Just point of my view,  I heard some comments from my colleagues.

發表於 09-3-4 18:26 |顯示全部帖子
如果小學返全日? 咁早起身會點?

返下午班, 我的家庭就好難編排

中午飯要早食, 我住柴灣
校車12:00前開?
我個囡食得慢, 連著衫等等, 隨時11:00前就要開飯
咁早餐呢? 幾時食好? 幾點起床?

放學返家, 成5-6點, 我個囡要訓兩個鐘
7-8點醒, 咁夜晚又幾點訓呢?

佢訓左我先有私人時間, 咁我又幾點訓呢?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-3-4 18:15 發表
Same wonder as you have.

發表於 09-3-4 18:32 |顯示全部帖子
Ian, I thought your daughter is the lucky one you mentioned in your post... I believe your daughter will receive good news real soon.
我們的天父,願你的名受顯揚,願你的國來臨,願你的旨意奉行在人間,如同在天上.求你今天賞給我們日用的食糧,求你寬恕我們的罪過,如同我們寬恕別人一樣.不要讓我們陷於誘惑,但救我們免於凶惡.亞門.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 18:38 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for the feedback, I think your comment can be served as a good guideline for many parents if they need to send their children to PM session.

Concerning the wake up time, I think a kid 3 years old (who need to sleep probably 12 hours a day) and a 6 years old (who sleeps about 9-10 hours a day) can have a very different time table, and wake up time.  So, the consideration would be very different.

I do agree with you and totally understand the school time will have impacts on the daily schedule of most families.  I just assume as adults, we can be more flexible on our schedule to accommodate our own 3 years old  children.  Just my personal feelings, but I must admit it is hard to deal with work schedule and other siblings schedule.

Afterall, I think this is indeed a valid reason but may vary among families' situations.

原帖由 lafayette 於 09-3-4 18:26 發表
如果小學返全日? 咁早起身會點?

返下午班, 我的家庭就好難編排

中午飯要早食, 我住柴灣
校車12:00前開?
我個囡食得慢, 連著衫等等, 隨時11:00前就要開飯
咁早餐呢? 幾時食好? 幾點起床?

放學返家, 成5-6點, 我個 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-3-4 18:48 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 18:45 |顯示全部帖子
Hi chu_chu,

Thanks for the blessing!  But that's in fact is the nightmare of both my daughter and I are having!  My daughter sometimes before going to bed or wake up in the middle of the night and talk about how to choose between the two.

I wish chu chu the very best of luck!

Ian

原帖由 chu__chu 於 09-3-4 18:32 發表
Ian, I thought your daughter is the lucky one you mentioned in your post... I believe your daughter will receive good news real soon.

發表於 09-3-4 21:24 |顯示全部帖子
just very personal opinion, yes, for me AM or PM is more important than the school.
in this case, both are good kindergartens, i will only consider the one who offers AM class.  if both schools offer PM class, i will consider another one...

選AM or PM, 重要過選學校本身嗎?

發表於 09-3-4 21:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

Your girl will discuss with you how to choice between SH and SP?  Wow... your girl is really mature.  She is a BIG girl?  Does her tone and manner like an adult always?  Yes, if she is mature, maybe you need to take her pt. of view into consideration.

I wish the rest of us can receive the letter (whether accept or reject) asap so that we can close the file and do not have to worry about this in every second.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-3-4 18:45 發表
Hi chu_chu,

Thanks for the blessing!  But that's in fact is the nightmare of both my daughter and I are having!  My daughter sometimes before going to bed or wake up in the middle of the night and t ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi rtam,

Yes, my daughter is capable to express herself very well, but she is not a big B.  She was born in August, but we spent a lot of time communicating with her, in adult's tone.  So, once she started talking, she talks in full sentence and we encourage her to tell us her feelings too.  As a result, I think she is considered more mature and able to express herself quite well.

The main reason is because I worry she was born in second half of the year, so I decided to train her to be more mature to compete with big B, and I think the result is positive.  However, I need to delay some training (e.g. English) so she can be more fluent in Cantonese to handle interview.  I think this is the trade off.  Just tonight, she complained to me that it's my fault not teaching her the alphabets so she couldn't answer questions in Heep Yunn's interview......

My daughter has expressed her interests in SHCK since January 3rd, the date of the interview.  She even insists SHCK is where she would go for kindergarten.  As a result, we actually have to try very hard to ask her to attend the SPK interview since SHCK result was not yet announced.

However, as a father, I do realize the pros and cons of both kindergartens and I certainly know there are benefits of studying in SPK.  I believe we may have discussed about this in front of her from time to time, and it is affecting her decisions.  If we ask her, she will still say she prefers SHCK.  However, she is capable to understand she may need to change under certain circumstances.

Agree with you, we need closure.  Should really get this over with, soon, real soon.

原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-4 21:36 發表
Hi Ian,

Your girl will discuss with you how to choice between SH and SP?  Wow... your girl is really mature.  She is a BIG girl?  Does her tone and manner like an adult always?  Yes, if she is mature ...

發表於 09-3-4 23:22 |顯示全部帖子
I see.  She is really amazing.  I hope you will receive good news (= bad news co'z your girl needs to make a tough decision ) real soon.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-3-4 21:57 發表
Hi rtam,

Yes, my daughter is capable to express herself very well, but she is not a big B.  She was born in August, but we spent a lot of time communicating with her, in adult's tone.  So, once she s ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-4 23:38 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks and good luck to you too!  Are you also waiting for spk's result?

原帖由 rtam 於 09-3-4 23:22 發表
I see.  She is really amazing.  I hope you will receive good news (= bad news co'z your girl needs to make a tough decision ) real soon.

發表於 09-3-5 00:57 |顯示全部帖子
Just surfed by.

When I applied for my kid, at first I preferred am, but eventually she was assigned to a pm class.  Then I found that there are also advantages for pm class, and that is since both my wife and I come back late after work (usually around 8), if my kid goes to am class, she will have to sleep early and we wouldn't have the time to go through her homework or to talk to her, play with her during weekdays.  So afterall pm class is quite OK for us.

選AM or PM, 重要過選學校本身嗎?

發表於 09-3-5 08:22 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, I am waiting for the result.
I like this school very much because I prefer English as MOI (primary).
Well… I do prepare my girl can’t get in, I will still happy to see my girl studying in the other KG.
No one knows what her journey will be all about.
Perhaps eventually her future will be brighter, happier, and healthier in another KG, primary…….the people she meet… whatever factors.

quote]原帖由 iantsang 於 09-3-4 23:38 發表
Thanks and good luck to you too!  Are you also waiting for spk's result?

[/quote]

發表於 09-3-5 08:34 |顯示全部帖子
Dear parents,

Actually, both SH and SPK are excellent schools.  Those parents should be proud of their kids' achievement.  AM or PM won't be much matter so long as the kids can get into the schools, right?!  (Many prospective parents want to get into either one but don't have the luck!)

Take it easy as kids are smarter and can adapt to the environment better than we thought.

Bobowong