用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any RC P1 live in TKO??
查看: 3030|回覆: 21
go

Any RC P1 live in TKO??

發表於 09-3-4 13:01 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter will study P1 in coming 2009 Sep.  After checking the school bus, that is a terrible routing from TKO to RC.  Any parent lives in Tseung Kwan O can share your thought of how to go to school?

At the beginnint, we decided to move to Ma On Shan or Shatin, but at the moment, the property market is not very good, to move would be too risky and too costly.  

We do not want to move nor to take the school bus...  that should be a very difficult problem for us.... Help!!

發表於 09-3-4 14:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Kcpapa,

My daughter will attend RCHK this coming Aug as well. We now live in Ngau Tau Kok and the current bus routes don't reach our place. However, after talking with Kwoon Chung's Mr. Kwok, I think chances are still there (at least) that additional stop may be added.

We had serious thoughts about moving to Ma On Shan/Shatin/Tai Po, just like you. However, we also realize this may not be a good time to sell/buy properties.

You may contact Mr. Kwok at 2578 1178 to see if any adjustment of time/stop can be made.

Good luck!!!

發表於 09-3-4 18:23 |顯示全部帖子
Hello 琬晴B,

I have contacted the bus company. The point is not the stop but the route.  If they start from TKO and go straight to Ma On Shan through TKO Tunnel and Kwun Tong, then that would be okay.  Surprisingly, the bus start from TKO and go to UST then back to Diamond Hill through Clear Water Bay road.  The route is too long ....  

Anyway, we will contact Kwoon-Chung further if they will have any adjustment.  

The worst case would to hire a driver....  but quite too costly....

Tks a lot

發表於 09-3-4 20:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-4 18:23 發表
Hello 琬晴B,

I have contacted the bus company. The point is not the stop but the route.  If they start from TKO and go straight to Ma On Shan through TKO Tunnel and Kwun Tong, then that would be okay ...

so it may take more than 1 hour to go from TKO to RC???

發表於 09-3-4 20:52 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

My daughter will go to RC as well.  I have also contacted the school bus company knowing that the pick up time is 7:05am at East Point City.  I also consider its not easy for my child .  

If we can gather a numbers of students, maybe  the bus company can arrange a direct route from TKO to MOS.

發表於 09-3-4 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, that should be a good idea.  May be we can try to gather more TKO parents, if any and can up to 18 students.  The bus company may consider more positively.  

From the schedule of the bus company, the pick up time from East Point City would be 7:40am.  Then going up to UST and Shun Lee Chun then New Clearwater Bay road, about 8 more stops to go before arriving RC.   If the bus can go direct from TKO through Kwun Tong and Tai Lo Shan Tunnel, I think 35 mins will be okay from the last stop in TKO.  

We might have another solution as sharing Taxi fare or hire a part time driver....

If we can gather 3 to 4 kids, then to share the taxi fare would be almost same as the bus fare.  I checked with the discount taxi driver, the regular fare would be about $150.00 (so discounted fare will be about $120-130, if we can have 3-4 kid, then a day would be about $240-260 (return) or about $80/kid/day (after discount) x 22 days = $1760.00.  Bus fare would be about HK$1300.00 ($4000 / 3months).  After deducting the holidays as Christmas or...  then the fare would be almost the same.  But we can save more time and would be more safe.

Anyway, we may have more discussion later... keep searching and if there is any more TKO parents, pls report present, we may try to gether and discuss with the bus company collectivly.

發表於 09-3-4 23:47 |顯示全部帖子
Sure. Hope that we can gather more students in TKO.  I wish to study RC without moving to MOS :)

The bus schedule in the website is not updated.  It's acceptable if the pick up time is 7:40am, but the truth is 7:05am.

發表於 09-3-5 00:17 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

I tell you the route has changed. The bus hasn't stopped the Clear Water Bay as the driver refused to go.

Before my child had also got this route of bus, but I felt the manners of driver and amah had seriously problem. My child has been forced to get another route and need to get the bus 30 min earlier.

發表於 09-3-5 01:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-4 22:45 發表
Yes, that should be a good idea.  May be we can try to gather more TKO parents, if any and can up to 18 students.  The bus company may consider more positively.  

From the schedule of the bus company ...

Taxi is not a possible way, especially when your kid is still very young. Who is going to take care of them without a babysitter?

發表於 09-3-5 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
perhaps we should talk to the school and see what is their advice...  probably they can help us to gather those live in TKO (both new and old students) who is taking/planning to take the school bus...  then we may negotiate with the bus company to see if they can arrange a more reasonable route for our kids...

發表於 09-3-5 19:48 |顯示全部帖子
I will try to contact the bus company tomorrow and reconfirm the exact routing from TKO to MOS.  

I think there are more TKO students will go RC this year as we all might know that almost no Cat 2 student has been admitted by CWBS in this year.  Most of the Cat 2 students will go RC.  Then we should try to check with the class teachers of Abacus and see if we can gather at least a basis to have more power to negotiate with the bus company.  I think no parents would have any objection if the route can be getting shorter.  And so we can keep posting the situation here and if there is any objection, we should also respect other parents idea.

發表於 09-3-5 20:12 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you kcpapa

發表於 09-3-6 00:23 |顯示全部帖子
I am considering to bring my son to school by myself--which one is better: BUS or MTR+KCR?  Then I will hurry back to office in Kowlool Tong.

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-3-4 14:04 發表
Hi Kcpapa,

My daughter will attend RCHK this coming Aug as well. We now live in Ngau Tau Kok and the current bus routes don't reach our place. However, after talking with Kwoon Chung's Mr. Kwok, I th ...

發表於 09-3-6 01:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-3-6 00:23 發表
I am considering to bring my son to school by myself--which one is better: BUS or MTR+KCR?  Then I will hurry back to office in Kowlool Tong.

I think MTR + KCR is better as you should be able to control timing better while bus may stuck in traffic jam. But who is going to take him back after school???

發表於 09-3-6 10:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-6 01:25 發表

I think MTR + KCR is better as you should be able to control timing better while bus may stuck in traffic jam. But who is going to take him back after school???

My experience was that on the day of interview i was at New Town Plaza at 10:25-10:30am; then i went by KCR(my daughter was reluctant to take a taxi!)...I arrived the reception area at 10:55am.
(So, I guess during the morning peak hour, train will be more frequent).
So by train, from RC to Kowloon Tong may take 40mins...

發表於 09-3-6 11:48 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Radiomama,

Did you live in Kung Lok Road before but moved away? We're still living there.

I have also considered taking my daughter to school by bus (89C) IFthe school bus schedule is really too harsh for her. Then my helper will pick her up after school.

To All:

Sounds like the school bus company owes us an updated bus schedule to ease our minds!!:D :D :D

Did you
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-3-6 00:23 發表

發表於 09-3-6 13:15 |顯示全部帖子
He he, yes we lived in Kung Lok Road before and then move to Telford Gardens now.

Hmm...89C sounds good but how about 89D?  My maid will take him home, so one single trip will be fine.

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-3-6 11:48 發表
Hi Radiomama,

Did you live in Kung Lok Road before but moved away? We're still living there.

I have also considered taking my daughter to school by bus (89C) IFthe school bus schedule is really too  ...

發表於 09-3-6 14:06 |顯示全部帖子
Is 89D bus stop rather far from school? Because I only tried 89C but it passes City One Shatin which I'd rather it would not.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-3-6 13:15 發表
He he, yes we lived in Kung Lok Road before and then move to Telford Gardens now.

Hmm...89C sounds good but how about 89D?  My maid will take him home, so one single trip will be fine.

發表於 09-3-6 17:15 |顯示全部帖子
Today checked with Koon Chung who informed us that a revised routing will be announced in June and they will send a letter to all RC parents for the updated routing.  We can contact them and explain our request afterwards.

Then we may wait for a while.  But if my understand is correct, they are having 2 route to run TKO area??  I am not really understand and they do not explain it very clearly over phone.  If there is any RC parents, pls kindly explain and so we can know more, as ever there is a new routing, that would be adjusted on the bases of the old one.  Radical changes of the route is not possible.  And the pick up time from East Point City would be about 7:25am and the stop in Shun Lee is cancelled.  Anyway it takes an hour to go school and so 2 hours a day.

發表於 09-3-9 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
Kwoon Chung Bus is pretty helpful, so don't worry, it will sort out the route before the school starts coming August.  

By the way, another bus route you can think is 286M which runs between Ma On Shan and Diamond Hill MTR, that should have bus stop at Vista Paradiso, just next to RCHK.  But, I don't know exact route for 286M, whether it hovers around City One Shatin or not.