1#
發表於 09-3-7 00:14 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Pls give comments,Thanks

[ 本帖最後由 LLM03 於 09-3-9 23:30 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-8 15:21 |只看該作者
I will vote for CKY as I'd like my child be fluent in both Chinese and English

Also, the school fee for CKY seems afordable compared to IS.

3#
發表於 09-3-9 00:10 |只看該作者
多謝你的意見先!

CKY的學費+雜費也不少,而IS的雜費就不多,所以
相差可能是不算太多,另方面在英文方面一定是IS
強過CKY,IS是真正的英文學校,有不同種族,學生
多以英文溝通,而CKY大多數是本地學生就讀,我想
下課後也是說廣東話,其英文能力必定不及IS.因此
若果費用差不多時,是否應選擇真正的IS,而不是本
地人辦的模倣IS作風的學校呢?

再者我知道無十全十美,想英文好(IS)又要放棄學
好中文,想兩樣共存,英文就不及IS好,因此很矛盾.
現在我非常掙扎,究竟CKY定IS呢?!因為費用差唔
幾.而且CKY的學習過程,家長參與比重不少,對於
在職父母來說是否不易呢?

希望大家給我多些意見和看法,另我可深思.因這問
題實在捆擾我們太久了,而我一定要短期內抉擇,謝
謝!

原帖由 elizatyy 於 09-3-8 15:21 發表
I will vote for CKY as I'd like my child be fluent in both Chinese and English

Also, the school fee for CKY seems afordable compared to IS.

4#
發表於 09-3-9 17:11 |只看該作者
LLMO03,

Given your posting on IS page, I'd be surprised if there are fewer responses 'for' IS.

If you are after a native English accent for your kid, no doubt you should go for an IS - the question will be 'which IS'.

CKY is always positioned as a bilingual school though some might compare its approach to IS.  Mind you that its emphasis on Chinese, esp PTH, is equally taxing.

You have rightly pointed out that CKY encourages parents' participation in the kid's learning.  The time spent with the kid is no less than one studying in an average local school.  Make no mistake that it's not for the gruelling dictations or tests, but more for nurturing an interest in learning.

Do kids studying in IS require little support and guidance from their parents?

5#
發表於 09-3-9 20:06 |只看該作者
Regarding the parents' support for children, I think it depends on how much you want to be involved.   Every day my daughter brings home with something - be it a newsletter or notes from the class teacher.  There are lots of things you can do with her if you want to get involved but it is not compulsory.  That makes people think IS is more relaxed.  In a way it is because you are not pressurized to do anything but as i said, if you want to be involved, you can get busy too.  I am a part timer, so in my case, I can spend lots of time with my child.  
A few years ago when I went to an international kindi in Tai Po Kau, the principal (then) told me that CKY is a very good bilingual school.  At the beginning no one liked it because it wasnt 'famous'.  But only in a few years' time, it gained its good reputation and by word of mouth, every one now wants to get in and the competition is unbelievebly keen.  If you are so concerned about your child's Chinese level, I think it is better to choose a bilingual school instead of an IS.  There are good DSs too.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

6#
發表於 09-3-9 23:33 |只看該作者
papa_pop & Mighty,

Thank you very much for your sharing
‹ 上一主題|下一主題