用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 LET'S SHARE IF YOU CONFIRMED ESF (WKS)
發新帖
查看: 2809|回覆: 15
go

LET'S SHARE IF YOU CONFIRMED ESF (WKS)

發表於 09-3-5 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
I decided to go to ESF (WKS) although I lived quite far away in Kln side. Let's chat if you also confirmed to let your child study in the same school in Sep 2009.

[ 本帖最後由 happyteresa 於 09-3-5 00:48 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-5 14:23 |顯示全部帖子
Hello there,

I have confirmed to send my daughter for K2.  I also live in Kowloon.  Your kid will be in K1 or k2?

發表於 09-3-5 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
I confirmed K1.  Have you decided the transportation yet?  We live in Tokwawan and just wondered what the best way to go.  Any sharing?

發表於 09-3-5 17:45 |顯示全部帖子
I will rely on the school bus service so long as it will come to my place.  I live in Kowloon Tong.  Hope the school bus will come la.  Otherwise, i will take the train la :)

發表於 09-3-5 17:46 |顯示全部帖子
i think you should also take the train as the school is exactly above the train station.  So is it possible that you take any transportation to hung hom station and then take the train ?

發表於 09-3-5 18:17 |顯示全部帖子
hi all,
Just curious, u guys live in Kln side, why not choose ESF Tsing Yi kinder instead??

發表於 09-3-5 18:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 homummum 於 09-3-5 18:17 發表
hi all,
Just curious, u guys live in Kln side, why not choose ESF Tsing Yi kinder instead??

other ESF Kinder like Tsing Yi or Abacus are very full at this moment I believed!

發表於 09-3-5 19:45 |顯示全部帖子
correct, only this new WKS has available places.  Besides, I am also excited to wait for the new toys, new renovated environment and also the new place of Lake Silver which is very nice!

發表於 09-3-5 20:11 |顯示全部帖子
WKS??  the new KG in MOS??  

Lake Silver is still a construction site... when would it finish??  I have been there a week ago, frankly speaking quite terrible place....  the surrounding is perfect, but would be a year later after everything completed.   

To go MOS from TKO is my no.#1 headache now.  I am also considering to move to Kowloon Tong or any other place which can go MOS easier but not moving into MOS.  Though some of my friends always say MOS is better than TKO, anyway, I live in TKO for many years and I feel perfectly ok.  I can have my can of Coke in just 1 min.  Last week, I went MOS with the property agent and walk around RC area, I am so silly to walk for 15 min to have my can of coke.  The scenery is good and quiet, but how I can pay near 5m for a 1000' flat in MOS.  I would rather pay a little bit more to move to other place or stay in TKO and see if any other way to go MOS.

發表於 09-3-5 20:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-5 20:11 發表
WKS??  the new KG in MOS??  

Lake Silver is still a construction site... when would it finish??  I have been there a week ago, frankly speaking quite terrible place....  the surrounding is perfect, b ...

You don't have a lot of choices, just like those RC students (even more tough since Kinder has lesser children)

1. School Bus (it may take 1+ hour but do they serve so far to TKO like RC?)

2. Take Taxi and stay in school for 3 hours then take taxi back

3. Drive yourselves (only if you are not working), driving take approx 30-40 mins

4. Take MTR to Kowloon Tong then change train to WKS

5. Take MTR to say Kln Tong where they have school bus pick up

Hope it will help, good luck with ESF WKS Kinder!!

I love TKO too, and I don't want to move to MOS neither.... so remote! Now I can get on MTR in less than 5 mins (even I drive everyday) >-<

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-5 20:28 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-5 21:37 |顯示全部帖子
Lake Silver is still a mess place?  But I was told that the building renovation will be completed in May or Jun and the inner renovation and set up of the kinder will be ready by Aug?  

any other idea?

發表於 09-3-7 23:16 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

It's absolutely full in Tsing Yi ESF since I received the rejected letter from ESF already.  They offer to transfer the application to WKS.

發表於 09-3-9 12:42 |顯示全部帖子

WKS kinder concerns

I was told from Jeni (the consultant) that the construction work will be finished in late May and ESF will start the interior work and set up from June onward. That's why the orientation will be held in August.

There are always delays in construction work and that worries me a lot. What if classes can't be commenced in September?

發表於 09-3-9 14:17 |顯示全部帖子
This is posted on WKS website, and please go back and check if there is any update frequently (also should call them frequently too)

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/wukaisha/KWKS%20-%20Update%20Feb09.pdf
===============================
Several meetings have been conducted over these past few weeks which gave us an ideal opportunity to meet with many parents interested in securing
a place for their child in the Wu Kai Sha indergarten. All those invited had lready submitted an application form and been allocated a place so it was good
to meet ‘face-to-face’ and begin the process of getting to know our future parents better.

It was our pleasure to confirm the good news for parents of 2005 born children [who would be due to start kindergarten as a K2 student]... Those
children will have priority for an interview in either an ESF Foundation Primary School, or an ESF Private Independent College. The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children.

Following the successful meetings, an opportunity was given to all parents to visit ESF's International Kindergarten in Tsing Yi, because of course Wu Kai
Sha is still in the process of development.

It was rewarding to receive so many flattering comments about the Tsing Yi kindergarten and to know that parents felt their time was very well spent.

Questions were raised about the completion of the Lake Silver development, and it is ESF’s understanding that the occupation permit for the
whole building is due in May. That is the point when ESF will commence its own internal fit-out, and all is currently on schedule .

Many families have also signed contracts, so it is indeed heartening that places are beginning to fill up.
Applications will however continue to be received, so please pass this information on to friends, colleagues or relatives! Any interested parties should call Mr Dinesh Daswani on 2760 3913.

The newly appointed Principal, Marilyn Clark will be in Hong Kong next term, so an invitation to meet her will be extended to all those who have already signed contracts. Her biography is being posted alongside this up-date so that everyone can celebrate the wonderful news of her appointment.
================================

GOOD LUCK to all WKS parents!

發表於 09-3-9 16:26 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Popolung

Thank you very much for quoting information.

There is one statement which I would like to clarify............... 'The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the January 2010 interviews for Year One will be waived for such children.'

If parents would like to have a higher priority to secure a chance for ESF P1 Interview in 2011 January to February, when should parents send their kid at WKS ESF Kinder or other three ESF Kinders?   

How about entering ESF Kinder at the second school term by Feb 2009 (I presume second term commences after Chinese New Year)..............does it satisfy the rule?

BR

發表於 09-3-9 16:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mornington 於 09-3-9 16:26 發表
Dear Popolung

Thank you very much for quoting information.

There is one statement which I would like to clarify............... 'The rule requiring two terms attendance in kindergarten before the Ja ...

I will suggest the earlier you can place your kid into WKS (or other ESF Kinder), just go ahead. WKS also don't have a lot of vacancies I believed, and all ESF Primary School has a very long queue, so no one can really guarantee you anything anyway.....