用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Margaret or Victoria - which one is better???
發新帖
查看: 1496|回覆: 12
go

St Margaret or Victoria - which one is better??? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-10 00:19 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is studying PN at Victoria (Harbour Height).  He enjoys the school so far.  He was also admitted to St. Margaret and we have to decide which school to choose.  

I like St. Margaret b/c the lower tuition fee.  But my husband prefers Victoria b/c he thinks the English level in St. Margaret is not very good.  

Anyone have experience in both school that can share with us?  Which one will you choose and why?

[ 本帖最後由 babymok 於 09-3-10 00:25 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-10 09:55 |只看該作者
Is it a big difference of school fee?  If not much, let yr kid keep studying in victoria lar, don't need him adapting to new environment, you don't need to buy new uniform and sacrifying English level..

3#
發表於 09-3-10 17:07 |只看該作者
St. Margaret seems very different to entry.
Compare with which Victoria campus?

4#
發表於 09-3-10 17:53 |只看該作者
Same situation as you.  I choose St Margaret.
原帖由 howo 於 09-3-10 17:07 發表

5#
發表於 09-3-11 00:29 |只看該作者
A great difference about the fee (around 4 times).  But forget to mention, fee is not the most important reason, i've heard a lots of mom said Victoria is very "commercial".  Of course, I don't know what's the exact meaning of "commercial" to them, so would like to hear more comments......

Victoria >>> Harbour Height Campus (the one near to Causeway Bay)

原帖由 ourbbchu 於 09-3-10 09:55 發表
Is it a big difference of school fee?  If not much, let yr kid keep studying in victoria lar, don't need him adapting to new environment, you don't need to buy new uniform and sacrifying English level ...

6#
發表於 09-3-11 09:20 |只看該作者
I gave up victoria , will choose st Margret or SKH. as finally i will let her study at local primary.  My daugher is now studying at Victoria prenursery class, althought the school can provide variety learning materials, but i feel the teachers are less 愛心 and as u said.. school is too commercial.

7#
發表於 09-3-11 09:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 howo 於 09-3-10 17:07 發表

St. Margaret k1 收生學位比victoria少,較難考入喎 !而且唔係只比較學術性,品德or其他方面都好重要

8#
發表於 09-3-11 12:28 |只看該作者
My daughter is also studying in Victoria PN now, I also plan to switch to St. Margaret or KCS.  I also found Victoria very commercial.  Even the extra-curricular activities is very expensive.  Whenever there is parents day, they try to sell some books in the school.   I also found the teachers are less 愛心.

9#
發表於 09-3-11 23:09 |只看該作者
How about the Chinese standard? Is St Margaret much better in terms of Chinese? Because, if you are going to local primary school, Chinese is as important as English.

10#
發表於 09-3-12 12:04 |只看該作者
You are right, if plan go to local primary school,  St Margaret is better option.
Else Victoria is to IB course.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAIL.

原帖由 Yikto 於 09-3-11 23:09 發表
How about the Chinese standard? Is St Margaret much better in terms of Chinese? Because, if you are going to local primary school, Chinese is as important as English.

[ 本帖最後由 howo 於 09-3-12 12:10 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-3-27 13:53 |只看該作者
May case is similar to yours and I chose Victoria as it has got 2 languages 3 dialects. They have got an English teacher stationed in each class and can therefore train up the child's spoken English. Their Chinese may be relatively easy, and I teach my child Chinese myself (eg by reading him more Chinese books).

Isaacmommy

12#
發表於 09-4-8 13:31 |只看該作者
same situation as you before and I chose St. Margaret finally.

As some mentioned, Victoria is very commerical as I can feel that the teachers there are less 'heart' vs St. Margaret.  Also i had compared the friends' kids in these 2 schools and found that St. Margaret's kids are more polite and well behaved than Victoria.

My 2 kids are studying at St. Margaret now and both of them are enjoying the school life and love to go to school everyday.

For English, I can give them the extra english course to build up.  However, the moral education requires both the parents and the teachers to develop.  There is around $3000 difference of tuition fee between these 2 schools and therefore you can utilize the sum for other courses.

原帖由 babymok 於 09-3-10 00:19 發表
My son is studying PN at Victoria (Harbour Height).  He enjoys the school so far.  He was also admitted to St. Margaret and we have to decide which school to choose.  

I like St. Margaret b/c the low ...

13#
發表於 09-4-8 19:19 |只看該作者
I think behaviour is much better and should be in first priority for the kindergarten age children.  Don't worry if your kid have good  behaviour, you will  succeed in educating him with academic and English.   I agree to take St. Margaret Mary's in Happy Valley.
My son is studying there and my son will go to St. Joseph Primary School in the next year which is English school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題