用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Why you choose IS than local school?
發新帖
查看: 1166|回覆: 5
go

Why you choose IS than local school? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-3 13:31 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Would parents please share:

if you are HK parents, your mother language is Chinese (e.g. Cantonese...), why do you choose IS for your kids, than local schools?

To me, I simplily believe international education is better because I was educated in overseas.  What is your opinions?

Thanks for sharing.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-3 16:46 |只看該作者
If u have tasted the yucky food before, u will not let your children taste it again...right?

3#
發表於 09-3-4 13:28 |只看該作者
yes.....:;pppp:  that was really 'yucky'....   even more yucky then we have had before...  the reform is very "good"... keep reforming to nowhere we can know...

I cannot say IS is absolutely better than local school, but we can have reasonable expectation of the result.  Most of the IS are running under foreign syllabus or newly adoped IB syllabus.  The system is rather constant and well established.  

Unfortunately, I really do not undestand how our government is thinking... to Fine Tune the policy means a upside down modification.  Then how we can know one day, they will have radical reform and bring our kid to Mars.... or somewhere in the galaxy...  see our kids after 1997, mother tougue reform...  today, our U-students Language level (not only English, but Chinese) is so worse...

4#
發表於 09-3-5 23:45 |只看該作者
English is still the world language, whether you like it or not.  Traditional Chinese language is the dying breed, facing the eventual unification with China within a short period of time.  Besides, how often do we see good books or articles get published in traditional Chinese?  I frequent bookstores when I was at high school.  At that time, we still got many good quality writers from China, HK and Taiwan.  Nowadays, whenever I go to local bookstores, all I see are translations of English or Japanese books.  The local writers are just too superficial or just for simple stuff.  If we look north to China, how often do we get good books published there?  Then looking back to our university professors and students for their original thinking and quality of publications, there is really nothing we can write home about.  Consider the future of HK education rest with the inadequate cultural heritage, and the future of Cantonese and traditional Chinese, we cannot blame people gradually losing faith on HK education.  You want proof, just count on the number of government officials, especially the ED officials, who sent their children overseas for education.  If HK education is so good, then they suppose to let their own children to stay.  It is like the cook who doesn't even allow his own children to eat at his own restaurant.  Worst, the cook ask us (the poor HK taxpayers) to pay for hiis children to eat at another better restaurant.  For you being the judge, which side is better?

5#
發表於 09-3-11 10:53 |只看該作者
I wanna choose IS becos I wanna send my son to the UK to study when he's at primary school.  I think it will be easier for him to catch up in the uk if he's studying in IS in HK.

I do agree with all of you that English is very important in this world.  For Chinese, i don't mind he's just at a level of reading books and newspaper. I don't expect him to know those Chinese literature.

My son is just 1.5 years now....I wanna put him into a real IS kindergarten.  I am currently living in Tsuen Wan.  Do you think ICS is good ?  and any other suggestions ?

6#
發表於 09-3-11 12:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 lalasmile 於 09-3-11 10:53 發表
I wanna choose IS becos I wanna send my son to the UK to study when he's at primary school.  I think it will be easier for him to catch up in the uk if he's studying in IS in HK.

I do agree with all  ...

Hi lalasmile, do you mean the ICS in Sha Tin?  I aim for that too.  But the competition is keen.  But I think ESF is even more difficult.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題