1) 聽人話上堂用partition做隔牆

2) 香港學生 與外藉學生比例

3) D學生會唔會互相用廣東話溝通

4) 今年9月入學果D有幾多考入到DC

5) 今年9月入學果D有幾多考到入到RC

6) 係咪其他ESF 小學都會行IB?

多謝分享

發表於 09-3-10 19:10 |顯示全部帖子
My little gal will attend this kinder in the coming Sept. I have participated in its school tour in Feb.  Hope i can help u a bit.

1) Yes, no individual classroom, kids play and study in open area. Two floors for them.
2) Mainly Chinese / local kids, I think around 80%.
3) The teachers will encourage kids to communicate and speak in English.  If they find kids speak cantonese, teachers will interupt and separate them into different sub-group. Also, K1 and K2 kids are mixed in one class so that the K2 kids (those get used to speak English) set up a role model and lead the K1 kids to speak English ASAP.
4 & 5) No definite answer. Depends on the performance of ur kid in the interview.  But I heard that ESF kinder graduates should have priority over outside kinder graduates.
6) Should be. but concrete time-table is unknown.
Correct me if i am wrong.

發表於 09-3-11 10:30 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you homummum

問多少少
K1 & K2 一齊上堂?!  即係點安排?

另外, 想問下

我小朋友家下重未能夠toliet trained

學校會點配合呢?

發表於 09-3-11 11:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 JojoB 於 09-3-11 10:30 發表
Thank you homummum

問多少少
K1 & K2 一齊上堂?!  即係點安排?

另外, 想問下

我小朋友家下重未能夠toliet trained

學校會點配合呢?

This is the difference of IS and local school. Parents are still having the mindset of how the school will help the kids. Instead in IS like ESF, they will only help them to go toilet for several times (if they really have problem), and let them try, and finally like my daughter in less than 1 month she can go to toilet by herself when she is still less than 3 (as she born in Nov), and don't even want you to help at home. Let's them try it at home, and practice and train yourselves. Let them try to do it by themselves and you will be amazed how fast they can pick up things when they are 3-4.

發表於 09-3-11 12:20 |顯示全部帖子
JojoB,

There will be 22 kids in a class, of which half of them (i.e. 11 kids) are K2 stduents, the rest are K1.  That means the youngest one can be 2 yrs 9 mths whilst the oldest one can be 4 yrs old in the same class.  They learn and play together.  

For toilet training, Popolung has given u the answer.  I am now training my little to go toilet on her own at home before schooling.  I think my gal will have no problem by that time.

發表於 09-3-11 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-11 11:55 發表

This is the difference of IS and local school. Parents are still having the mindset of how the school will help the kids. Instead in IS like ESF, they will only help them to go toilet for several ti ...

咁返學係咪要著住片?

忘記問你
你囡囡向ESF TY在讀嗎?

你滿意嗎?

另外想問下 學校有無咩課外活動?

[ 本帖最後由 JojoB 於 09-3-11 14:05 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-11 14:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 homummum 於 09-3-11 12:20 發表
JojoB,

There will be 22 kids in a class, of which half of them (i.e. 11 kids) are K2 stduents, the rest are K1.  That means the youngest one can be 2 yrs 9 mths whilst the oldest one can be 4 yrs old ...

我個係囝...事實上我由上年SUMMER已開始TRAIN
但家下都 重係要成日提住先去TOLIET
唔會自己主動去VV.....有D怕9月果時重未得

發表於 09-3-11 15:04 |顯示全部帖子
重有一個問題

讀完ESF TY   英文會唔會流利好多呢?

我囝 向屋企雙語學習

同佢講中文 佢都會答英文

但又未置於全英語環境

請問有無類似既家庭既小朋友入去左ESF TY到讀

我問依個問題 主要係怕小朋友到 interview時不能達到佢地英文流利要求

發表於 09-3-12 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 JojoB 於 09-3-11 14:02 發表

咁返學係咪要著住片?

忘記問你
你囡囡向ESF TY在讀嗎?

你滿意嗎?

另外想問下 學校有無咩課外活動?

No diaper even before she went to ESF Kinder before 3. She is studying in ESF kinder but not TY one, but basically we are very pleased with what offer in ESF kinder.

There are not much extracurricular activities, but there are lot of funny things going on in school hour, like sport days, dragon dance, X'Mas Party, etc. Everyday in ESF kinder is a funny day!

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-12 15:51 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-12 01:44 |顯示全部帖子
Most of your questions are asking how much can the school give support to you. I can tell you the ESF kinder will require your kid to speak English only in kinder, and if they see kids speak chinese together they will find a way to stop it and let them play with separate group (of course not by force).

But, after school, you are on your own. Since you use Chinese in all the messages, i believed you still want to emphasis chinese in his study, while you are worrying that he can't reach the standard in ESF school.

How about this, if you are really keen to get into ESF Primary School, start from now on, make an good english environment for him, and you start watch eng tv with him, talk to him in only eng, read eng story book, so make him soak in an at-least-90% English environment.

I know lot of parents want their kids to have better Chinese foundation. But once your kids are kicked out from the ESF interview, as if their english level is not good enough, you will feel terribly sorry of what you have done in the past. You can teach them Chinese after they have interviews, as Chinese family, it will be never too late to teach your kids anyway.

Of course if you are not keen on ESF, then you can think of other way of language education. If you are keen on ESF, then "native English speaking" is the Rules of the Game. Stick to it.

原帖由 JojoB 於 09-3-11 15:04 發表
重有一個問題

讀完ESF TY   英文會唔會流利好多呢?

我囝 向屋企雙語學習

同佢講中文 佢都會答英文

但又未置於全英語環境

請問有無類似既家庭既小朋友入去左ESF TY到讀

我問依個問題 主要係怕小朋友到 intervi ...

發表於 09-3-12 12:22 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much Popolung.

發表於 09-3-12 14:18 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Hi Popolung,

Do you think the same theory apply if my target is RC only?

發表於 09-3-12 15:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 maumiu 於 09-3-12 14:18 發表
Hi Popolung,

Do you think the same theory apply if my target is RC only?

Same for RC. Good command of English is very important during interview of any ESF School, including RC.