用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Want help? Not being accepted by ESF?
查看: 5564|回覆: 50
go

Want help? Not being accepted by ESF? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-10 18:54 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son's now studying K2 in ESF Kinder and had passed his interview. However, he has been placed on the waitlist.... Does any parent have the same case with me? I haven't applied for other IS yet, any good suggestion? Am I too late to apply for the others? Please help!!! Thanks.

King'sMom
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-3-10 19:10 |只看該作者
which ESF?

3#
發表於 09-3-11 09:39 |只看該作者
He's now in SW ESF, and on waitlist of Kennedy ESF.

King'sMom

4#
發表於 09-3-11 10:14 |只看該作者
Any idea why he is on the waiting list?

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 09:39 發表
He's now in SW ESF, and on waitlist of Kennedy ESF.

King'sMom
:-D :-D :-D :-D

5#
發表於 09-3-11 10:31 |只看該作者
I heard some ESF primary schools are starting to interview waiting list students, including some in Cat 2. So may have to be patience, of course you need to look for alternative too, hope it's not a bit late. Also keep talking to ESF Kennedy School and your kinder see if they have any progress...

6#
發表於 09-3-11 10:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 502 於 09-3-11 10:14 發表
Any idea why he is on the waiting list?

My son has joined ESF kinder for K2 only, also he is in Cat 2. I think this is the main reason.

King'sMom

7#
發表於 09-3-11 11:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-11 10:31 發表
I heard some ESF primary schools are starting to interview waiting list students, including some in Cat 2. So may have to be patience, of course you need to look for alternative too, hope it's not a b ...

I have already sent them an email for requesting a place, however they said it's unlikely to have for him starting Aug09.

Can any parents give some idea on good IS? Thanks...

8#
發表於 09-3-11 11:05 |只看該作者
Why don't you talk to ESF SW staff to see if they can fight for a second interview for you?

I understand this is a normal practice adopted by TY ESF!

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 10:56 發表

My son has joined ESF kinder for K2 only, also he is in Cat 2. I think this is the main reason.

King'sMom
:-D :-D :-D :-D

9#
發表於 09-3-11 11:10 |只看該作者
Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2 student?

In last 2 days, some Cat 2 students and studying in ESF KG have received call from the school and check if they can accept to go another ESF primary school instead of the one they are applying.  

It is not a common case to have interview but put into waiting list.  

Pls kindly try to discuss with your class teacher, they are having a report from the school.  They even know the rank of the kid on the list.  Talk to them very very urgently.  They can help you

10#
發表於 09-3-11 11:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 502 於 09-3-11 11:05 發表
Why don't you talk to ESF SW staff to see if they can fight for a second interview for you?

I understand this is a normal practice adopted by TY ESF!

I believe that all places have been filled and all have paid the 2 month deposit. Thus, there is no point for the school to make any promises when there is a long queue of waiting list. (similar situation as in BHS)
You cannot expect many of them will give up the deposit (since it is non-refundable) and release the place.
Better look for alternatives; i heard some parents have been waiting for "Years" until a place is allocated...

11#
發表於 09-3-11 11:32 |只看該作者
Is your child a year-end BB? Sometimes, the ESF primary will offer the kids to stay for K3 in ESF KG for the younger ones.  

But whether the child can stay for k3 is solely decided by the primary school.

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 11:03 發表

I have already sent them an email for requesting a place, however they said it's unlikely to have for him starting Aug09.

Can any parents give some idea on good IS? Thanks...

12#
發表於 09-3-11 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 JYFC 於 09-3-11 11:32 發表
Is your child a year-end BB? Sometimes, the ESF primary will offer the kids to stay for K3 in ESF KG for the younger ones.  

But whether the child can stay for k3 is solely decided by the primary sch ...

His class teacher said he can't stay for K3 as he is a "big" boy.

13#
發表於 09-3-11 14:59 |只看該作者
Why don't you try to stay in Woodland (pokfulam) for another term. I knew some kids  staying one more term and join Kennedy school on January term. Woodland has good relationship with ESF.

One of my daughter's classmate was on waiting list too. But the parents kept calling the school and they offered the boy a place after the formal acceptance date (we had one week to accept the offer and paid deposit ).

14#
發表於 09-3-11 15:40 |只看該作者
Hi, emmamay
Does it mean ESF school invited more applicants than the number of places, and so even when a kid met the English requirement at the interview, the school would not guarantee a place and may put him on waitlist until a vacancy arises?

15#
發表於 09-3-11 15:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-11 11:10 發表
Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2 student?

In last 2 days, some Cat 2 students and studying in ESF KG have received call from the school and check if they can accept to go another ESF primary school instead of  ...

Thanks for your advice, Kcpapa. My child is in Cat 2. I have already checked if I can apply for another ESF, but the answer is NO. They said it's the ESF policy that I cannot apply for more than one ESF shools. Do you know is it case?

16#
發表於 09-3-11 15:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 emmamay 於 09-3-11 14:59 發表
Why don't you try to stay in Woodland (pokfulam) for another term. I knew some kids  staying one more term and join Kennedy school on January term. Woodland has good relationship with ESF.

One of my  ...

Thanks for your advice, emmamay. This is exactly what I want to do today. I'll check with Woodland about the availability of getting in their P1. Actually, I did call the Deputy of Principal but the answer is negative. As far as I know, they have more than 100 applicants on the waitlist.

17#
發表於 09-3-11 15:58 |只看該作者
I heard that if an ESF school has 120 vacancies, they will invite 130 applicants to the interview.  So, the rejection rate is really very low.  

The Principal that I met last time has stressed so much about the heavy subscription and long waiting list on her school.  Even for those existing students who want to change of school because of moving got trapped into the present school.  It really makes the Cat. 2 interviewees at a great disadvantage.  

This is really discouraging especially one goes through the ESF Kindergarten.

18#
發表於 09-3-11 18:30 |只看該作者
May be you might know that CWB is very competitive this year.  We received a phone call on yesterday from CWB and they asked if we would consider to have an interview, not CWB but SJS.  Our daughter is ESF KG student as you and they are trying best to find a place for us (Cat 2).  

According to our class teacher who explained that the school will send interview letter with the same space available.  That means in 1st round, if there are 120 spaces, they will send 120 letters.  Mostly will be okay.

The primary schools on HK Island are less competitive.  Even some BK parents who are Cat 2 but non-ESF KG student have been admitted by QBS from 1st round.  

Anyway, don't be too worry...  try other KG.  CAIS, Kingston, and Victoria are good schools.  Some Victoria students have been admitted by ESF school or RC, so they might have space for K3.  CAIS starts from K3, it would be a bit late but not impossible, pls try.  To go K3 and try ISF and CIS are also very good school on Island side.  ISF would be more interesting.  

Go to K3 and you have chance for both local school and IS.  At the same time, discuss with ESF KG, they might offer you a place of interview in next year.  The teacher of ESF KG is so kind and helpful, pls pls pls discuss with them and explain your situation with them.  They must have some way to help.  The chance is slim to have admission in 2009 P1, but chance is still here.  Try best to keep "asking" the class teacher and the head master of SW ESF KG, do not be too shy, the chance is in your hands and on your face.  Try!!  

Parents who want to go ESF by the path from ESF KG, this is not a definite path especially for Cat 2 student.  Even more difficult is the Cat 2 kids start from K2.

19#
發表於 09-3-12 00:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-11 18:30 發表
May be you might know that CWB is very competitive this year.  We received a phone call on yesterday from CWB and they asked if we would consider to have an interview, not CWB but SJS.  Our daughter i ...

If you have offered to go interview in SJS, go for it unless you have other offer or you think SJS is too remote to go. SJS is a good school, and also if you finally can get it SJS, you will be easier to come back to CWBS or BHS, KJS, etc on next term. And if you are in SJS you will be bridged to Shatin College or KGV depend on your placement zone when you are in Y6 / Y7. Good Luck.

Did you also applied RC?

20#
發表於 09-3-12 00:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 15:43 發表

Thanks for your advice, Kcpapa. My child is in Cat 2. I have already checked if I can apply for another ESF, but the answer is NO. They said it's the ESF policy that I cannot apply for more than one ...

For ESF, you can apply the Gov't subsidized ESF Primary / Secondary school via ESF Center. They will allocate your children to a school according to your placement zone. This is why ESF center said you can only apply for 1 school only.

For ESF PIS (Private Independent School), like RC & DC, you can apply separately and there is no placement zone limitation and they basically serve whole HK (if your kid doesn't mind to travel far away).

So don't mix-up these 2 different kind of ESF schools. And since you are in the queue of one school, you can transfer to another, and even you can, you will have no advantage as all the queue is very long and you will be placed at the end of any queue.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題