查看: 2083|回覆: 19
go

協恩PM or 根德AM?

發表於 09-3-15 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
你會点選擇呀?
知唔知根德女仔多數派去邊間小學?

[ 本帖最後由 Heidiwo 於 09-3-15 23:26 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-15 23:34 |顯示全部帖子
好問題!HP唔收如收我揀HP,HP有net english&mandarin teacher, KV冇!
P.S.依家我阿女會讀KV!

[ 本帖最後由 HebeMama630 於 09-3-15 23:36 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-16 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
Since you are old girl, so your daughter's chance to be admitted to 協恩's primary would be high.  Will choose 協恩 unless you prefer to try other DSS.

發表於 09-3-16 10:09 |顯示全部帖子
Hi iantang,

I know you are very familiar with the kindergartens and the allocation of P1 scheme; Can you give me some comments?

HKPS 英普AM vs Heep Yunn AM? (15 marks only for Heep Yunn P1 but will consider to move area 34)

I think SH would be a better choice, but my daughter is on waitlist only.

[ 本帖最後由 kyliejet 於 09-3-16 10:11 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-16 10:18 |顯示全部帖子
我會揀hp, 一來有學卷, 而且上協恩's primary 會機會大d, kv 會小學同埋會學卷

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-16 10:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hi kyliejet,

Congratulations for being admitted to Heep Yunn!  Your daughter is a smart girl!

I do not know your considerations, but if for me, I will choose Heep Yunn but must move to area 34 to provide her a better chance for Heep Yunn's primary.  Although as kindergarten student you can knock the door, but I guess no parents want to wait until the last moment to know the result.  At the end, the target is your daughter will go to school in the campus for the next 15 years!  So, I guess the move will worth it.

However, I know HKPS is pretty good with the language training too but this is not the top priority for me.  Do you have any special preferences on it?  Otherwise, I think Heep Yunn is a great choice!

Hope this help!

Ian

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-3-16 10:09 發表
Hi iantang,

I know you are very familiar with the kindergartens and the allocation of P1 scheme; Can you give me some comments?

HKPS 英普AM vs Heep Yunn AM? (15 marks only for Heep Yunn P1 but will  ...

發表於 09-3-16 11:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Ian.

Yes. HKPS provide a very good environment for learning English and Mandarin. She can speak simple sentences of both languages now and she enjoys singing English and Mandarin songs at home.

But our target is traditional local primary with good reputation, like HY, St.Mary…so I think HY may be a better choice...

發表於 09-3-16 11:49 |顯示全部帖子
如果我個係女, 我會選協恩. 返AM定PM反而唔係一個main concern, 因為KV到左K2都係全部要返PM, 到K3又轉返返AM.

原帖由 Heidiwo 於 09-3-15 23:23 發表
你會点選擇呀?
知唔知根德女仔多數派去邊間小學?

發表於 09-3-16 13:07 |顯示全部帖子
大家好, 我上星期收到協恩幼稚園的通知, 收左我細女入K1上午班. 我大女讀緊York啲K2,York亦都收左我細女, 但經過詳細考慮之後, 最後都係決定入協恩啦

發表於 09-3-16 14:18 |顯示全部帖子
雙子媽媽, 您好,

我知道你的小兒是讀kv, 想問吓讀咗半年, 你覺得kv有咩優點同缺點呢?

我女都被kv收咗讀pm班, 基本上都打算讀呢間.....而佢係大女, 都肯坐定定上課的, 好鐘意問點解, 點解再點解.....當初揀kv係因為課程夠深, 而我係平日既生活細節上觀察到佢pick up d深既野應該無問題, 同埋佢都幾鐘意寫字同coloring.....考慮以上種種因素我覺得佢讀kv應該問題不大, 但反而係諗緊kv出名嚴, 上堂要靜靜聽書, 咁樣會唔會令到佢因怕被老師鬧而變得唔敢發問, 無咁active呢?

原帖由 雙子媽媽 於 09-3-16 11:49 發表
如果我個係女, 我會選協恩. 返AM定PM反而唔係一個main concern, 因為KV到左K2都係全部要返PM, 到K3又轉返返AM.

發表於 09-3-16 15:23 |顯示全部帖子
靚媽唔易做,

Hi, 我pm回覆左妳, 因為我唔想係人地個thread度講太多kv.

原帖由 靚媽唔易做 於 09-3-16 14:18 發表
雙子媽媽, 您好,

我知道你的小兒是讀kv, 想問吓讀咗半年, 你覺得kv有咩優點同缺點呢?

我女都被kv收咗讀pm班, 基本上都打算讀呢間.....而佢係大女, 都肯坐定定上課的, 好鐘意問點解, 點解再點解.....當初揀kv係因為 ...

發表於 09-3-16 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Iantsang,
我的同事的女兒亦同樣被HKPS收了下午英普班和協恩下午班。但她的姐姐是協恩舊生,所以她有很大機會讀協恩小學,但聽聞協恩幼稚園的課程較淺,在這情況,她應該讀語言環境比較好的HKPS是協幼呢?我的同事正為此煩惱,所以請指教。

發表於 09-3-16 23:31 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Iantsang:
wow..didn't expect this question has so many suggestions...hahah THANKS !
Actually i only studied until P5 so i wouldn't consider myself as 'old girl' in Heep Yunn..that's why i think my girl won't have high chance to get back into P1....Also i am living in Kowloon tong so i am quite worry about the 'lucky draw' later..

Does anyone know where most girls will send to if can't go back to HY???

BTW..my girl is now studying in HKPS 英普班 too!! I quite like this school as my girl knew a lot of songs and seems happy there..BUT consider for later path i guess it'll be my last choice..

Seems like most mom here will consider Heep Yunn more than KV :)

[ 本帖最後由 Heidiwo 於 09-3-16 23:37 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-17 00:05 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cnn328,

Did you mean the sister of the little girl or the sister of your colleague is an old girl?

If the old girl means the elder daughter of your colleague, then the little girl would have 20 points for the primary allocation.  Actually 20 points is not a guarantee to be admitted to Heep Yunn but certainly a high chance.  To ensure a better chance, then going to Heep Yunn kindergarten would help a bit.

Of course, the education provided by the private kindergarten like HKPS will be much advance, especially for the case of HKPS for bilingual ability.  However, if the intention is to be go to Heep Yunn primary, then I think the investment would worth it.  She can probably save the money on tuition and spend it on other language courses outside.  But the continuity to the primary section would be more valuable.

Hope this information helps.

Ian

原帖由 cnn328 於 09-3-16 18:04 發表
Dear Iantsang,
我的同事的女兒亦同樣被HKPS收了下午英普班和協恩下午班。但她的姐姐是協恩舊生,所以她有很大機會讀協恩小學,但聽聞協恩幼稚園的課程較淺,在這情況,她應該讀語言環境比較好的HKPS是協幼呢?我的同事正為此 ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-17 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Heidiwo,

If that's the case, then I think you won't be considered as a "graduate" of Heep Yunn for the purpose of P1 allocation.  This will definitely affect your daughter's chance of returning to the primary section.  Would you consider moving from Kowloon Tong to area 34?  btw, is your part of Kowloon Tong under area 41?  Better check sine part of Kowloon Tong is outside area 41.

I have zero confident in the P1 lottery so even though KV was my original first choice for my daughter, it's very likely I will give up the offer.  So, I would understand why you want to compare these two.  But based on my understanding, Heep Yunn kindergarten even though may have a academic standard less competitive to those Kowloon Tong kinder like KV, but they are considered good compare to others which have associated primary school.  So, it is not a bad choice at all.  

Ian

原帖由 Heidiwo 於 09-3-16 23:31 發表
Dear Iantsang:
wow..didn't expect this question has so many suggestions...hahah THANKS !
Actually i only studied until P5 so i wouldn't consider myself as 'old girl' in Heep Yunn..that's why i think m ...

發表於 09-3-17 09:08 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

So which kindergarten will you kid study?  My daughter is being accepted by KV and Kowloon Rhenish School, please give some comment since I still struggling between the two.  Thanks a lot!

OK Mummy

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-17 09:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hi OK Mummy,

I am sorry but I am not very familiar with Kowloon Rhenish, although I have heard about it but don't know how their school is like.

However, the key difference is Kowloon Rhenish has an associated private primary school.  Does the kinder give you any info if your children would be guarantee to be admitted to primary or not?

Since I guess the issue as parents that we have to face nowadays is whether you need want to participate in the P1 allocation system.  On the other hand, the education provided by KV would be great to prepare your children for application to DSS so if there are any DSS or private primary that you likes, then KV would be a good choice too.

I guess I should keep this short since this thread is for Heep Yunn and KV comparison.  You can PM me for more queries.

My daughter will go to Sacred Heart Canossian Kindergarten.  They have private primary section and kindegarten girls can apply directly.

Ian

原帖由 OKMummy 於 09-3-17 09:08 發表
Hi Ian,

So which kindergarten will you kid study?  My daughter is being accepted by KV and Kowloon Rhenish School, please give some comment since I still struggling between the two.  Thanks a lot!

O ...

發表於 09-3-17 20:44 |顯示全部帖子
Iantsang:
So is this mean KV will provide their kids a better fundation for applying DSS?What about Heep Yunn?Do you know if many HY kids do go to DSS too?? i am only questioning where kids will usually go if didn't go back to HY P1?? Do u know?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-17 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Heidiwo,

KV should certainly have better preparation for DSS but with Heep Yunn, you have both a chance for getting into their primary and also try DSS, of course both have some uncertainty.  So, need to decide which options you would prefer.  Nothing is perfect.  

I am sorry but I don't have the information of where the other HY kinder students will attend.

Any HY parents can help?

Ian

原帖由 Heidiwo 於 09-3-17 20:44 發表
Iantsang:
So is this mean KV will provide their kids a better fundation for applying DSS?What about Heep Yunn?Do you know if many HY kids do go to DSS too?? i am only questioning where kids will usual ...

發表於 09-3-18 16:16 |顯示全部帖子
我囡囡都被協恩幼稚園收了上午班, 根德園幼稚園收了下午班, 最終我揀了協恩, 因為我喜歡女校, 二來為有一搏她能直升小學, 因為我是住34區的.