用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC 同ISF,兩間都收,入邊間好啲?
查看: 6616|回覆: 28
go

RC 同ISF,兩間都收,入邊間好啲?

發表於 09-3-17 20:12 |顯示全部帖子
你哋会怎樣揀,不需考慮車程和錢的問題,强調,我不是有錢人,只是一個普通打工仔,只想問那一所較理想.

發表於 09-3-18 15:23 |顯示全部帖子
I have the similar problem. For ISF, i just think the financial burden is quite high and the history of the school is still new.

原帖由 sabun 於 09-3-17 20:12 發表
你哋会怎樣揀,不需考慮車程和錢的問題,强調,我不是有錢人,只是一個普通打工仔,只想問那一所較理想.
Work hard moms!

發表於 09-3-18 20:14 |顯示全部帖子
Yes,ISF just increase the school fee to 11450 per
month!And ISF is not IB.
RC has all IB programme and cost only$6840
per month.
But both of them a good school,and difficult
to get in.

發表於 09-3-18 21:31 |顯示全部帖子
True so I would say cost is part of the reason for consideration as the fee is too high compared with other schools. Fee for one child can afford 2 child in the other schools for more.

Of course, I can say the resource for ISF may be better, Teacher to student is around 1:20 of ISF and 1:30 for ESF/RC. The two schools are two diff system, RC being a english based intl school, ISF being a Chinese emphased new school and no IB is offerred now. For ISF, it is still at the investment stage but I just wonder if I should pay for its investment.
Work hard moms!

發表於 09-3-18 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
This is a happy problem.

But I want to say, RC is in MOS and ISF is in Cyberport. I guess unless you move your house otherwise you should consider how far your kid need to travel and spend daily on transportation.

發表於 09-3-19 19:04 |顯示全部帖子
I thought ISF is a Chinese school with 100% local kids (despite the name International) while RC is an ESF school with emphasis on Chinese.  Am I right?

發表於 09-3-19 19:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-3-19 19:04 發表
I thought ISF is a Chinese school with 100% local kids (despite the name International) while RC is an ESF school with emphasis on Chinese.  Am I right?

see this from ISF:

http://www.isf.edu.hk/eng/admissions_ap.html

Students:
  • possess Hong Kong residency or a foreign passport, with a legal guardian who is employed and resides in Hong Kong with a work permit
  • demonstrate satisfactory social skills (e.g. willingness to communicate, curiosity to learn, teamwork, no obvious learning disability or behavioral issues, etc.) for their academic level
  • for Grades 2 and above, achieve satisfactory results in the written academic assessments

Language Requirements:

Foundation Year
Students are not required to be proficient in Putonghua and English. Students who are not proficient in Putonghua or English are expected to have strong academic foundations in other areas and enjoy new situations and challenges. It is recommended that parents of new language learners arrange tutoring from the time of admission through the summer prior to enrollment.
Grade 1
We accept students with proficiency in either Putonghua or English. Students who are not proficient in Putonghua or English are expected to have strong academic foundations in other areas and enjoy new situations and challenges. It is recommended that parents of new language learners arrange tutoring from the time of admission through the summer prior to enrollment.
Grade 2 to Grade 5
Applicants are assessed for Chinese and English language proficiency. A higher level of proficiency is required to ensure transfer students can adapt to The ISF Academy language curriculum.
Grade 6 and above
Students take progressively higher levels of language and literature classes in Chinese and English. A third language will be introduced in Grade 8 as an elective.
As a result of our Immersion Program, most students are comfortable conversing in both Putonghua and English within a few months. If required, The ISF Academy will implement a "Scaffolding Program" for students requiring added language reinforcement (additional fees may apply). The ISF Academy will also arrange language foundation courses during the summer for new students. Ongoing support throughout the first year is necessary to ensure a child's successful transition to dual-language instruction.

發表於 09-3-19 20:50 |顯示全部帖子
I know nothing about ISF.  I only read a related party with a child studied at ISF for 2 years wrote about ISF recently on geobaby.com so I just like to share with you:

"My nephew is happy, though, at school, because he has a few good friends now. So this may be the luckiest part of everything. However, my sister wanted to transfer him out of ISF but he has failed in all applications with international schools. Even with Yew Chung which is known to have slightly lower expectation with English, They only offered to put him in the IEP program, which is a special English immersion class, because his English was considered poor. For comparison, another friend's daughter with a local school has successfully secured a place from Yew Chung without the need to go for any special english immersion class.

Tricky enough, it appears that ISF has never said that they are an international school. My sister threw away all pamphlets she got 2 years ago but I think they never used the term "international school". And strangely, I saw that their most recent advertisement in newspapers are in fact marketing themselves as "a Chinese school". This is again a shock to me."

發表於 09-3-19 22:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-3-19 20:50 發表
I know nothing about ISF.  I only read a related party with a child studied at ISF for 2 years wrote about ISF recently on geobaby.com so I just like to share with you:

"My nephew is happy, though, a ...

this is the link to primary program:

http://www.isf.edu.hk/eng/academics_psc.html

they also have a link to IB, but said "under construction"....

發表於 09-3-20 00:25 |顯示全部帖子
Popolung, 我覺得我要同你敬禮,無論ESF or otherthan ESF school, 你都會用心幫忙,真係要同你講聲''多謝多謝''

發表於 09-3-20 00:30 |顯示全部帖子
It is true.  Isf never said they are international school.

發表於 09-3-20 01:43 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 JUL08BB 於 09-3-20 00:25 發表
Popolung, 我覺得我要同你敬禮,無論ESF or otherthan ESF school, 你都會用心幫忙,真係要同你講聲''多謝多謝''

You are welcome. I spent a lot of time studying these schools and website, and struggle quite a lot with schools. Though I have finally "send" my daughter to CWBS, I still want other parents to get enough info in order to bring their kids to the IS they love to, or at least no need to walk via some unnecessary step. Good Luck to all!

發表於 09-3-20 09:48 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-3-19 20:50 發表

"My nephew is happy, though, a ...

I went to geobaby.com but could not find the topic you mentioned.  Any link?

發表於 09-3-20 10:00 |顯示全部帖子
Never mind. I found it.

[ 本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 09-3-20 10:01 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-20 12:20 |顯示全部帖子
其實我好想知道sabun 樓主你小朋友幾大, 年年都出post 問isf 同rc, or isf 同其他is 比較呀.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... amp;extra=page%3D20

發表於 09-3-20 14:49 |顯示全部帖子
I think ISF is not a good choice.
I did a lot of comparison among ISF, VSA, and RC and all other international school already.
My comment on ISF is:
1/ a LOCAL Chinese private through-trained school.
2/ IB program: FAILED
You consider whether apply or not.

發表於 09-3-20 15:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-3-20 14:49 發表
I did a lot of comparison among ISF, VSA, and RC and all other international school already.
My comment on ISF is:

This is why they said their IB Program is "Under Construction"....

http://www.isf.edu.hk/eng/academics_ip.html

發表於 09-3-20 15:56 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-3-20 14:49 發表
My comment on ISF is:

Just would like to share your valuable comment of VSA and RC as well. Thank you!

發表於 09-3-20 16:29 |顯示全部帖子
I think it should be quite easy to decide between these 2 schools.

The language of instructions are different. The locations are different. The curriculum are different.

ISF is a Chinese school. All classes are conducted in Chinese, except English classes. They have their own self-developed curriculum. They are located on the Island.

RC is an English medium school. All classes are conducted in English. Even with Chinese classes, classes are conducted in English is you are in the beginner class. And even if you are in the intermediate class, Chinese teachers are allowed to supplement their teachings with English, especially with explanation of certain new words. RC is a full-train IB school. It is located in Ma On Shan.

These comparisons are very factual with no personal views added.

There must be qualities that parents expect from a school that they would never compromise.

May be Sabun (or others) can share what they expect from a school, so we can help them decide?

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-3-20 16:37 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-21 10:54 |顯示全部帖子
popolung,

Can you tell us what are the major reasons why you "send" your daughter to CWBS?  (Besides the location).  What is your comment between SJS and CWBS?  Thank you.

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-20 01:43 發表

You are welcome. I spent a lot of time studying these schools and website, and struggle quite a lot with schools. Though I have finally "send" my daughter to CWBS, I still want other parents to get  ...