密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 請教蘇浙家長
發新帖
查看: 2118|回覆: 16
go

請教蘇浙家長

發表於 09-2-19 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
我考慮幫BB嚟緊報蘇浙N1(2歲班),因知道佢地用普遍話教學,但聽過人地話英文好差,想請教下實際上蘇浙英文程度係點?

另外,BB會唔會因為平日上堂講普通話,令到佢地唔係好識講廣東話/或者D廣東話無咁流利?(我擔心如果佢K1考其他幼稚園會不善以廣東話對答)

希望 蘇浙家長可以俾D意見,唔該!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-2-19 23:35 |顯示全部帖子
我個囡讀緊蘇浙N1, 我覺得唔錯喎, 日日有外籍老師上英文堂, 同埋蘇浙都有幾多外籍同學仔, 所以經常用到英文。

廣東話更加唔駛擔心啦, 除非連係屋企你地都係同佢講英文啫.

原帖由 dalada001 於 09-2-19 12:48 發表
我考慮幫BB嚟緊報蘇浙N1(2歲班),因知道佢地用普遍話教學,但聽過人地話英文好差,想請教下實際上蘇浙英文程度係點?

另外,BB會唔會因為平日上堂講普通話,令到佢地唔係好識講廣東話/或者D廣東話無咁流利?(我擔心如果佢K ...

發表於 09-2-20 14:08 |顯示全部帖子
香港生活, 廣東話怎會不流利呢.
英文至少係外國人發音, 好好.

發表於 09-2-20 17:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 panala 於 09-2-19 23:35 發表
我個囡讀緊蘇浙N1, 我覺得唔錯喎, 日日有外籍老師上英文堂, 同埋蘇浙都有幾多外籍同學仔, 所以經常用到英文。

廣東話更加唔駛擔心啦, 除非連係屋企你地都係同佢講英文啫.

Hi panala, Chens,

Thanks for your reply!  咁K1你地會比BB讀local stream 定係international stream?

發表於 09-3-17 22:33 |顯示全部帖子
有冇多d人分享下,吾該

發表於 09-3-19 22:53 |顯示全部帖子
I have 2 kids in  蘇浙.  One in nursery and one in K3.  I think it is good.  Children learnt their Mandarin in class and they have net teacher for English class.  BTW, like most 蘇浙 mum say, there are a lot of native english speaking classmate in class.  Cantonese will be weak but most of the kids pick up the Cantonese at home.  

Anything more you want to know ?

發表於 09-3-20 01:30 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your sharing.

Actually I have the same questions as Dalada. My girl has been accepted by 蘇浙 Nursery PM but I am still thinking if I should let her study there since I heard from one of the parents that:

1) The English standard of the kids are not good, only 30 mins per day. Even worst, their English teacher is NOT English native but some from Russia and Eastern Europe... (I am so scare when I heard the English teacher are from non-English native countries);

2) The hygiene standard is not good coz they have 40+ students in one class (with 3 teachers) and their toilets are very dirty.

Personally I like 蘇浙 coz both my husband and even my mother-in-law were from that school; however, as I heard the above from one of the parents, I really hesitate to send my girls there.

Grateful if you could share / comment if you know more / the truth!!!

Many thanks!!!

發表於 09-3-20 12:05 |顯示全部帖子
我都想問蘇浙是否收細B 或兩歲插班呢?

發表於 09-3-21 02:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-3-20 01:30 發表
Thanks for your sharing.

Actually I have the same questions as Dalada. My girl has been accepted by 蘇浙 Nursery PM but I am still thinking if I should let her study there since I heard from one of ...

From my experience, the kids only stay in school for 3 hours a day so having 30 and increasing to 45 min, I would say is quite enough.  Put it this way, if you heavily rely the school to teach well in English, then 蘇浙 international section might be your cup of tea but they will be weak in Mandarin.  Here, I rely the school to teach my boy Mandarin and I will focus him on English at home and I think this make my life easier.   As for the nat teacher, as long as they could teach well in English, I do not really care as of where they are coming from.  As long as they are qualified teacher.

Max they could have 45 students in a class.  They have quite a big no of students.  My girl who has spent her 4  years there, the normal class size is about 32-35 people.  Quite a big class.  

As for the toilet, I think it has improved, but still room to improve.  However,  thinking that there are so many classes in the SCHOOL ( I mean a real school campus), the cleaniness of the toilet is quite hard to maintain to the highest standard.

There are not so much students in the afternoon.  This year there are about 20+ people in my boy's class.

發表於 09-3-21 02:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 okwai 於 09-3-20 12:05 發表
我都想問蘇浙是否收細B 或兩歲插班呢?

You have to write to the school.  My boy is born early October (細B) :)  .

發表於 09-3-22 01:15 |顯示全部帖子
GIPW, thanks a lot for your sharing.

Actually my girl has been accepted by KCS PM class and Victoria AM class, I am now struggling which one I should put her in coz they both has pros & cons. I heard many parents that KCS kids have high obedience because KCS is quite a strict school, also, as mentioned, their mandarin. But they take my girl only PM class which I really have big hesitation here. Do you know if any chances that I can move her back to AM class when she study in K1?

Also, based on your experience, if she study in KCS PN, can she promoted K1 directly in the same school?

For Victoria, very good that they take my girl AM class coz good English teaching, so...

If you were me, which school will you choose??

發表於 09-3-23 10:37 |顯示全部帖子
Dear PIPW,

I have applied for the school in Sept 2008 but since my gal is born late Dec, they asked me to call in May/June to arrange for an interview for the pre-nursery.
Actually we like the school very much as it is a mandarian based school, just want to know some more about your previous experience, say whether you are the similar case as us or the school contacted you subsequently to arrange for an interview and how does the interview go?

I am really worried actually.. coz this is our target school for our gal (PN).

Thanks a lot for sharing.
原帖由 GIPW 於 09-3-21 02:10 發表

You have to write to the school.  My boy is born early October (細B) :)  .

發表於 09-3-24 00:36 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-3-22 01:15 發表
GIPW, thanks a lot for your sharing.

Actually my girl has been accepted by KCS PM class and Victoria AM class, I am now struggling which one I should put her in coz they both has pros & cons. I heard ...

Hi Esther

I understand how you feel now.  Firstly talking about the am and pm class.  My boy is currently in PM (Pre-N class) and he has been admitted into the K1 morning class for next year.  However in KCS pre-N to K1 is not a straight promotion, you still need to submit the application and interview and they will normally put you in morning class.  

As for KCS vs Victoria, hard decision as there are good comment about Victoria.   since KCS has primary section and the school fee is cheaper than that of Victoria (again not a straight promotion, need to go thru interview), some parents will weight more on this point.  This year will be the last year for straight K3 promote to P1.

I have same problem like you 4 years ago and I have choosen KCS, simply because I want my girl to learn better Mandarin and I spoke to her in english at home.  :)

發表於 09-3-24 00:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ngmyan 於 09-3-23 10:37 發表
Dear PIPW,

I have applied for the school in Sept 2008 but since my gal is born late Dec, they asked me to call in May/June to arrange for an interview for the pre-nursery.
Actually we like the school ...

Is your girl born in Dec 2007 ?  They will only enrol your girl when she is 2 years old.  My boy is born in 2006.  We submitted the application form as usual and the school told us that they will not consider us until he is 2, so that is the time when all the students has finished their registration and go to school.  I wrote to school in April indicating my strong interest in the school and one in June.  

In Sept, I then wrote to the school again and went there personally to meet with the主任 and to stress my eagarness to get into the school.  My son was enrolled in soon after he is 2.  Since yours is a Dec girl, you may do this in Nov and Dec.  Normally they might be able to secure you a place in PM class

Good luck

發表於 09-3-24 14:28 |顯示全部帖子
GIPW, many thanks for your sharing. As you were in the same situation as I did now, you should have understand my feeling now.

May I ask if you are happy with your girl English standard coz you said you speaks English at home; also did your girl also attend any English tutorial?

發表於 09-3-24 17:27 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot.  GIPW.

Thanks a lot for your sharing.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-3-24 00:47 發表

Is your girl born in Dec 2007 ?  They will only enrol your girl when she is 2 years old.  My boy is born in 2006.  We submitted the application form as usual and the school told us that they will no ...

發表於 09-3-24 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-3-24 14:28 發表
GIPW, many thanks for your sharing. As you were in the same situation as I did now, you should have understand my feeling now.

May I ask if you are happy with your girl English standard coz you said  ...

I think she is good - she is not shy to speak to others in English even with the foreigner.  Some of my neighbours thought she was with international school.  Some mum will send their kids to study English but mostly drama type as this will arouse interest among students. if you are in K1 with school fee is only 760, you may have more for her to attend EC .

It also depends on the her classmates - if she mixed with the expat child, they might have more chance to speak in English.