用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 2735|回覆: 9
go

KBCK

發表於 09-3-23 00:56 |顯示全部帖子
I would like to have more comment on Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten, is there any parent having their kid studying in this school?

發表於 09-3-25 09:59 |顯示全部帖子
My son called it "Happy school".

The school meet my expectation:-
1. my son is happy and like to go to school
2. my son is very independent
3. English is the only speaking language in the classroom, ie. speaking English for at least 3 hours a day. "Show and tell" everyday.
4. the school fee is reasonable
5. The teachers, parents and classmates are nice.

Below are not my concern but I know this is the major concerns of some parents:-
1. teaching program is not vey structural (when compare with other International or local kinders)
2. do not teach writing at all
3. no chinese

原帖由 Anise 於 09-3-23 00:56 發表
I would like to have more comment on Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten, is there any parent having their kid studying in this school?

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-3-25 10:00 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-25 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 matthewdad 於 09-3-25 09:59 發表
Below are not my concern but I know this is the major concerns of some parents:-
1. teaching program is not vey structural (when compare with other International or local kinders)
2. do not teach writing at all
3. no chinese

1. I think structural or not depends on if the parents know what the school / teachers are doing, and if they know what happen in other kinder. I can tell you in ESF Kinder somehow it also looks very unstructural, but actually they are doing something their way of education, but not like what we have experienced in local school, duck-stuffing kind of teaching only

2. Same like in ESF, they don't teaching writing specifically, but they encourage you need to start let them do graffiti then writing, either at home or school. I do teach my kid to write at home with old kind of method..... copy book....

3. Chinese .... what do you want in an international school.....?

So far I heard KBCK is a very good kinder too!

發表於 09-3-25 16:02 |顯示全部帖子
matthewdad & popolung,
Thank you very much for your reply.

matthewdad,
do you mind telling me more information about KCBK, such as the discipline of the children.  I understand that they dont teaching writing at school, so can the children recognize the words, do they learn simple math at school?
thank you very much again for your assistance, any comment would be grealy appreciated.

發表於 09-3-25 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
I am happy with the self-displine of kids at school so far. They get a book/tape/CD from library every week and parent need to listen/read book with them. They develop a good habit of reading and can read some simple English.

I agreed with popolung "..actually they are doing something their way of education, but not like what we have experienced in local school...".

原帖由 Anise 於 09-3-25 16:02 發表
matthewdad & popolung,
Thank you very much for your reply.

matthewdad,
do you mind telling me more information about KCBK, such as the discipline of the children.  I understand that they dont teachi ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-3-25 18:51 編輯 ]

發表於 09-4-22 16:43 |顯示全部帖子
Would anyone know the content the interview???

will she reject student?? or just like the other EG YEW CHUNG, just talk with mother......

pls help....urgent....
Mqchris :>

發表於 09-4-23 09:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-22 16:43 發表
Would anyone know the content the interview???

will she reject student?? or just like the other EG YEW CHUNG, just talk with mother......

pls help....urgent....

Don't worry. :) a v. causal discussion with the parents rather than an interview with the kid.  They will nevertheless check if the kid can understand English.  v. different exp if compared with interview in local kindergartens.

for more info, u may wish to read
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1698953&extra=page%3D6

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1697961&extra=page%3D1&page=1

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1694397&extra=page%3D8

發表於 09-4-23 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
thanks...

is your child a KBCK students? can u share more about the school.... is it really no
discipline in school.  is there enough activities / outings for students??

thanks.....

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-4-23 09:22 發表

Don't worry. :) a v. causal discussion with the parents rather than an interview with the kid.  They will nevertheless check if the kid can understand English.  v. different exp if compared with int ...
Mqchris :>

發表於 09-4-24 09:18 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-4-23 23:09 發表
thanks...

is your child a KBCK students? can u share more about the school.... is it really no
discipline in school.  is there enough activities / outings for students??

thanks.....

not lucky enough to be.

my boy got the pm offer but as his nap time is v. fixed (everyday during 1-4 pm) and he got another am offer from another int'l kinder, we were very sorry to write to inform the principal who is so good that we can't take her offer.

Have the "interview" with the principal. You will find that she really cares the kids. The links I attached in my previous posts with some infor from the parents there. You may further ask them :)

Good luck and I am sure God will give the best to your kid :)

發表於 09-5-11 21:50 |顯示全部帖子

KBCK vs PIPS (KLN)

My son also got an offer of KBCK last week. He is now studying in PIPS (Pre-Nursery class), the school fees there are $6380 per month, good enivorment, colorful. KBCK old campus, no outdoor playgroup, but reason school fees, I don't know which I should put my son too........pls help!!!