用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 What can your 2-year old do?
發新帖
查看: 1785|回覆: 18
go

What can your 2-year old do?

發表於 09-3-11 14:40 |顯示全部帖子
I am searching on internet and came across a Q&A forum, the expert is telling almost everyone that their kids are gifted.  From what he has said, my 2-year old is gifted, I actually think she is quite slow, a lot of kids are smarter than her.  Not trying to do a comparison, here is her can do list:

•                                                                     Knew entire A-Z (both lower and upper cases by reading)                    
  •                     Recognize any letter or number you showed her                    
  •                                                         Could count to 20                         
  •                                                         Knew the shapes of square, triangle, rectangle, oval, heart, diamond, star                        and could recognize them                         
  •                     Huge vocabulary of words including almost all animals (tropical bird & sea                    turtle) and                                     everyday words                         
  •                             Know the parts of a face (chin, cheek, ear, eye, nose, mouth, teeth)                         
  • Fully bilingual, says complete sentence in Chinese or English, and can carry on a conversation for 3-4 sentences with an adult.

發表於 09-3-12 05:26 |顯示全部帖子
good for 24 months old baby.   

But it should be gifted parents to have such great kids.

Nothing is gift and only parent's patience and time spent on the child could be an answer.

發表於 09-3-12 22:54 |顯示全部帖子
My child is now 3 years old.  Besides the lists
you mentioned, he can also recognize more
than 12 colors, more than 300 eng vocub
and ...... when he was 2.
But I never think he is gifted.
In the babykingdom, it's easy to find many
children are doing so, because of 早教.

原帖由 karenlai 於 09-3-11 14:40 發表
I am searching on internet and came across a Q&A forum, the expert is telling almost everyone that their kids are gifted.  From what he has said, my 2-year old is gifted, I actually think she is quite ...

發表於 09-3-13 22:20 |顯示全部帖子
When my son in 2yrs old, he is not only read a lot of words but also write and spell some of the words such as APPLE; BALL and CAT etc., Also, I am a working mom, I never teach him the words, I think he learn the words from TV. Especially, he is very strong in recognize the Chinese words. Now, he is 4 yrs old, he can read the Chinese newspaper. However, his artwork is not good. Would you advise that my son is gifted or just part of the area a bit above the average or just normal. Please also advise how to follow up.

發表於 09-3-14 22:53 |顯示全部帖子
其實2歲係好難控制手部畫簡單圖形, 要寫到字就
更加難.  
小朋友學習就有如電腦, 有input 才有output,如無教過
或看過, 就無可能會識, 相信單單看tv,只聽到中文, 無
人花心機俾字給他看, 積累認字能力, 無可能會讀報紙.
其實這裡很多父母的子女好細個就識好多嘢,這裡亦
有很多專家.  你不妨upload 你小朋友讀報紙的video,
post 條link 上尼, 應該好多人比到advise 你, 同教
你點follow up.

原帖由 yaushek 於 09-3-13 22:20 發表
When my son in 2yrs old, he is not only read a lot of words but also write and spell some of the words such as APPLE; BALL and CAT etc., Also, I am a working mom, I never teach him the words, I think  ...

發表於 09-3-15 10:22 |顯示全部帖子
Totally agree!  You may refer to this :

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1694507&extra=page%3D1

My kid also learnt how to write all the alphabet himself through VCDs when he was 2.6.  I didn't teach him before.  I told my friend about this, and she bought the same vcds for his kid, he also learnt it when he was 2.3.  But I don't think they are gifted, just because of early education.

原帖由 JoshuaN 於 09-3-12 22:54 發表
My child is now 3 years old.  Besides the lists
you mentioned, he can also recognize more
than 12 colors, more than 300 eng vocub
and ...... when he was 2.
But I never think he is gifted.
In the baby ...

發表於 09-3-16 10:34 |顯示全部帖子
I read from an article about how to train kid to write, please note that I am not pushing on writing : only to train on using the muscle:  start by drawing circle by anti-clockwise, instead of clockwise.

And for reading, I am teaching phonics for 5 minutes a day. Keep repeat and repeat the sounds that you have taught.

發表於 09-3-16 22:26 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-3-17 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
我覺得其實係唔係gifted/genius不重要,況且gifted children亦有性格上的弱點。反而我覺得品行,以及我們給予孩子的愛更重要。

我同我仔仔講,壞蛋好多都好聰明,只不過佢地將d聰明用來做壞事,所以mami希望你用你的知識和聰明去幫助人,做個有用的人才重要。
中國人不聰明嗎?連假蛋、毒奶也做得到,那些人才是天才,但卻讓人引以為恥。

發表於 09-3-18 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
通常5歲先做評估,你可參考今期"親子便利",有8個case。

發表於 09-3-21 19:50 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, may be my interpration is not good, my intention to consult the moms who have such exprience. Actually, my son is not good in most of the area but only read and writing Chinese character. His grandma is 不識字, so he read the newspaper to her but he always read some word like 口語化, i.e. "看" 讀 "睇", so I think he learn the word from TV, Some of TV programme with 字幕, 而我們好少睇英文TV programme, so Chinese may better than English. I really no intention to show off and I appreciate the moms who 真心去幫人而不是去chellenge 人而沒有實質見意。希望沒有錯誤表達, 如有冒犯, 在此說句對不起, 更希望不會有斷章取義的情況。That make everyone can 在不傷害別人的情況下暢所"浴" 言。

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-3-23 14:58 |顯示全部帖子
I am searching on internet and came across a Q&A forum, the expert is telling almost everyone that their kids are gifted.  From what he has said, my 2-year old is gifted, I actually think she is quite ...

my boy is going to be 2 on next week,  and he can do most of the thing you said, e.g. counting nos. A to Z, huge vocabulary, by the time at around 18mth.  Also, he can name color and shapes before 18mths too.  He is now learning hard for complete sentence..
yes, for my case, it's the effect of 早教, I believe it and he likes it.
gifted or not? it's not important..

發表於 09-3-23 22:57 |顯示全部帖子
my daughter is 1 yr and 9 months and she can basically learn anything i teach her. i've been trying to read to her every morning and tell her different things since she was just a few months old.

i'm just wondering, did any of you send your kids to playgroups? or did you buy vcds for them to watch? or you just teach them yourselves like i have been doing?

發表於 09-3-24 10:33 |顯示全部帖子
分享最近與3歲半侄兒小謙一件「早教」樂事。

伯伯與侄兒小謙讀唐詩,王之渙的《登鸛雀樓》,向他解釋「欲窮千里目,更上一層樓」句:「如果要睇得遠D,就要上高一層樓囉。」
小謙問:「上高兩層呢?」
「咁就睇得更遠啦。」
「上高一百層呢?」小謙雀躍追問。
「嘩,一百層咁多?咪好似上咗CN Tower咁?梗係周圍全部都睇到晒啦!」因為早前跟他從圖書館借來一本叫 Landmarks 的書,裏頭說到 CN Tower 是現今世上最高的塔。
「CN Tower o係邊度呀?」以為他若還記得,應會說出國家名,沒料他條件反射般脫口而出:「Toronto。」
「很厲害呀,小謙。」伯伯興奮得說起普通話來(就如粵劇唱詞去到無以名狀的 dramatic point 例要來句官腔),然後食住上,「Toronto o係邊度呀?」
「Canada.」
「Canada o係邊度呀?」
「North America.」
「North America 係邊度呀?」
小謙頓了一頓,有點迷惑:「唔知道。」
「咪o係 Earth 囉。」
兩伯侄一同大笑。

[ 本帖最後由 小謙伯伯 於 09-3-24 13:53 編輯 ]
如得其情,則哀矜而勿喜。

發表於 09-3-30 23:25 |顯示全部帖子
Amazing what kids can do these days. But I also believe that's because of early education. A 6 yo at my son's kindergarten can read like a 10 yo, and that's compared to British 10 yo kids. Amazing.....

But I don't understand why, when I interviewed U- graduates for graduate trainees positions, HK educated children/ students really do not shine through. But they are/ were so smart at preschool stage, much smarter than their foreign counterparts. What has gone wrong?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-4-4 21:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tt_mama 於 09-3-23 22:57 發表
i'm just wondering, did any of you send your kids to playgroups? or did you buy vcds for them to watch? or you just teach them yourselves like i have been doing?

I do let my boy go to playgroup, but for trianing fine/coarse muscle.. not the language ones.

vcds: your baby can read for around 6 months, then baby einstein.. and ozmo~
0-2 sections a day, less than 30min for every section.

發表於 09-4-7 02:06 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cemily 於 09-3-30 23:25 發表
Amazing what kids can do these days. But I also believe that's because of early education. A 6 yo at my son's kindergarten can read like a 10 yo, and that's compared to British 10 yo kids. Amazing.... ...

I had the same impression of HK local graduates.  So the continuing education is very essential.  Our early childhood didn't have the luxury of preschool education as it is nowadays, until these "genius" who has been nurtured under HK education has grown up, by then we will know if it proves that early education is the key.  However, my belief is the way that a child is groom in his/her primary and high schools are critical as it's the time when they develop critical thinking and out of the box thinking.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 09-5-7 14:24 |顯示全部帖子

my son is now 2 yr 4 m, the list u mentioned he also can do all.  

For counting, he can count up to fifty something in chinese & english.  

We do not push him a lot actually, however, he's very eager to learn and can remember.  Recently, we found he is interested to speak short phrase english sentence.  Somehow, he understood the meaning of english word and put them together to form a sentence.

發表於 09-5-7 23:38 |顯示全部帖子

Now my baby 21month!
around she was 18 mth, she can do all of the list u mentioned!
I belive in 早教!
It is gifted..?
I don't mind!
I just want to known -- how to manage of her emotion and how to develop of her merit!

[ 本帖最後由 meredo 於 09-5-14 00:30 編輯 ]