查看: 866|回覆: 7
go

蘇淅vs北角衛理堂

發表於 09-3-19 23:45 |顯示全部帖子
兩間N班都收咗我個囝, 唔知讀邊間好? 請俾d意見!!

發表於 09-3-21 02:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YvonneEddy 於 09-3-19 23:45 發表
兩間N班都收咗我個囝, 唔知讀邊間好? 請俾d意見!!

Last year I have the same situation, and I have choosen 蘇淅 .  At that time, I just prefer a school which teaches mandarin.  

But need to remind you that N1 just not guarantee that you will have a place in P1 - still need to go through interview.

發表於 09-3-23 13:43 |顯示全部帖子
May I know what is your comment about the school?  e.g. level of Eng standard?  Is your son still studying in its K1?

發表於 09-3-23 16:16 |顯示全部帖子
For Eng. standard, 蘇淅 is better.

原帖由 YvonneEddy 於 09-3-23 13:43 發表
May I know what is your comment about the school?  e.g. level of Eng standard?  Is your son still studying in its K1?

發表於 09-3-24 00:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YvonneEddy 於 09-3-23 13:43 發表

Yes,  He will be in K1 next year.  Her sister is in K3.  So would like them to stay in the same school.  As of Eng standard, as they are quite a lot of expat children, I found my girl has more time to do social spoken English with her classmates.  I have not direct comparision as of whether it is better than 衛理堂 , but I tend to agree with howo

發表於 09-3-25 14:05 |顯示全部帖子
I am still worried that my son cannot adapt to Mandarin enrironment coz we are not Mandarin speaking family.

How is the learning atmosphere?  Do u think the discipline of the school is too harsh? I heard some mom said that the level of academic standard is higher than the others, is it true?  I mean maybe K1 teach K2 knowledge....   sorry for raising so many questions coz it is really a difficult decision to choose a school not for myself but for my son.

發表於 09-3-25 22:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YvonneEddy 於 09-3-25 14:05 發表
I am still worried that my son cannot adapt to Mandarin enrironment coz we are not Mandarin speaking family.

How is the learning atmosphere?  Do u think the discipline of the school is too harsh? I h ...

Do not underestimated your child - they can cope with that you and you will be surprise.  As for learning atmosphere, can't comment that it is harsh as 1) my children like to go to school 2) Nursery do not have any homework but even when they are in K3, they stil do not have much homework, only one a day.  I think they have too less homework and I also give extra to my girl.  3) unless you have a very very quite child then you might need some other school which could develop their outspoken activity.

發表於 09-3-27 00:31 |顯示全部帖子
My child had the above 2 offers  last year and I paid the school fee of both schools too as I did not know how to choose at the beginning ........different mum has different selection criteria.  

衛理 is much better than KCS in term of teachers, their teachers are more cheerful and more caring.  衛理  has a more happy and cheerful learning environment than KCS as KCS is known as a traditional and relatively strict school.  衛理 is much better in term of school management and school adminstration, the adminstration of KCS is not good at all and some adm. staff are very impolite.

In term of campus environment, KCS is better.  KCS is much stronger than 衛理 in term of both Eng and Mandarine as 衛理 only has Eng lession starting from K1.  衛理's concept is learning is much better and faster if using the mother language.......

Frankly speaking, I think a child will be happier if studying in 衛理, but I have finally chosen KCS simply because of the Language factor.

衛理
原帖由 GIPW 於 09-3-25 22:30 發表

Do not underestimated your child - they can cope with that you and you will be surprise.  As for learning atmosphere, can't comment that it is harsh as 1) my children like to go to school 2) Nursery ...