用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kiangsu & Chekiang Kindergartern International Secti ...
查看: 5172|回覆: 35
go

Kiangsu & Chekiang Kindergartern International Section [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-3 20:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I have sent an application for the K1 2010-2011 for my daughter last month, and they just replied that she is on waiting list.  Does anyone know whether there is only a slim chance that she will be admitted or just because it's too early so she is being put on the waiting list.  Please help.  Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 09-4-3 20:40 |只看該作者
bigears,

Don't worry, they will put all the applicants on the waiting list even u are the first one to apply.  Maybe you can ask them about your waiting list number for reference.

原帖由 bigears 於 09-4-3 20:13 發表
I have sent an application for the K1 2010-2011 for my daughter last month, and they just replied that she is on waiting list.  Does anyone know whether there is only a slim chance that she will be a ...

3#
發表於 09-4-3 21:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 panala 於 09-4-3 20:40 發表
bigears,

Don't worry, they will put all the applicants on the waiting list even u are the first one to apply.  Maybe you can ask them about your waiting list number for reference.

Thank you very much, panala.

4#
發表於 09-4-3 21:42 |只看該作者
I put in my daughter's application last year for P2. They just accepted her after an interview last week. There are only a few spaces for P2, I guess some students are leaving after P1.

Reception is totally full for mornings. SOME spaces in afternoon, but you need to apply, interview, and if your child is top of the waiting list bunch, and new applicants, then he might get into the afternoon class.

KCIS is probably the ONLY school that is excellent in Putonghua as well as English. I mean balance wise, curriculum wise, and level of standards, their chinese is just SLIGHTLY less difficult than local schools.

There is much discipline too, I have researched, and visited, and meetings with principal and staff, and I have finally decided, I am giving up all my other schools on my list (including brand name local schools) for KCIS.

So, yes, there is truly a waiting list..... of course, it's one of the most balanced and disciplined IS around.  Very high in demand.

原帖由 panala 於 09-4-3 20:40 發表
bigears,

5#
發表於 09-4-3 21:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-3 21:42 發表
I put in my daughter's application last year for P2. They just accepted her after an interview last week. There are only a few spaces for P2, I guess some students are leaving after P1.

Reception is  ...

Hi Pianokc,
In fact I applied already but I am only applying for Kindergarten 1 for 2010-11 coz my daughter is only 20 months old now.  They accepted my application and said my daughter is now on waiting list.  If they would have a place, they would ask us for an interview.  

Do you know whether kindergarten is also very full coz reception class is like for 5-6 years old kid, and my daughter is now only 20 months.

Thanks.

Bigears

6#
發表於 09-4-3 21:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-3 21:42 發表

Reception is  ...

please check pm.

7#
發表於 09-4-3 23:29 |只看該作者
Sent you PM.

Kindergarten of KCIS is even more popular than primary in the international section.

The only thing I slightly dislike is their Int'l kindy to P1.... shares campus with the local section without any dividers....

8#
發表於 09-4-3 23:55 |只看該作者
Pianokc,

can you tell me more about the distribution of P2 to Y13, as i know they also share the campus with local secondary school students.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-3 23:29 發表
Sent you PM.

Kindergarten of KCIS is even more popular than primary in the international section.

The only thing I slightly dislike is their Int'l kindy to P1.... shares campus with the local sectio ...

9#
發表於 09-4-4 00:42 |只看該作者
khchu, I had the same concern. After the interview and test day, I made another appointment to see the school DURING school hours. The principal was very considerate and took 1 hour to talk to us. After that, a staff showed us the school, how the classrooms are divided, and what parts are int'l section...etc.

Basically, the Int'l section does share that old school building of KCC. However, what I do like and got my mind at peace is...

int'l section owns TWO separate floors to themselves.

Local sections kids are above them.
The local section kids go to school at different hour (earlier) and gets off school later than Int'l section.

The int'l section shares the hallways of the ground floor (entrance of school) and one stair case, but the int'l section for the little kids (p2-3) actually have a separate staircase for their use. It leads them to the playground (covered area) where it's only for their use.

Separate office for int'l section, separate native speaker teachers, and they share the usage of the big hall for assembly and christmas concert.

There are about 300 kids in the int'l section. About 1000 in the local section.
But basically, your child in the int'l section never crosses path with local section kids.

Even their library is shared, but int'l section gets separate entrance into the library, and reserved section for their use.

There is even a gate that separates the local and int'l section.

There are presently 3 classes of P2.

24 kids in a class.

The first group of IB year 13 graduates this year, many of them with university offers from UK already.

Year 12-13, IB
IGCSE for 10-11,
BCN for the rest.

Putonghua curriculum, presently using Longman series. (Same as my daughter's local school!) Except, the best thing is, she will now learn in Putonghua as opposed to cantonese.

And, they have beginner's putonghua class for new students.

Hope this helps.

10#
發表於 09-4-4 01:12 |只看該作者
Pianokc,

Thanks for your information.
It's really useful.
My son is going to study in KCIS for P.1 in the coming Sep (cannot meet your daughter this year).

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-4 00:42 發表
khchu, I had the same concern. After the interview and test day, I made another appointment to see the school DURING school hours. The principal was very considerate and took 1 hour to talk to us. Aft ...

11#
發表於 09-4-4 17:23 |只看該作者
P1 is in the other campus. Well, hope to see you next year then ! Wish our children all the best in KCIS !!!

12#
發表於 09-4-4 22:14 |只看該作者
Pianokc

I hope they can adapt the new life. Thx

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-4 17:23 發表
P1 is in the other campus. Well, hope to see you next year then ! Wish our children all the best in KCIS !!!

13#
發表於 09-4-5 00:39 |只看該作者
Dear all mums:
I'm thinking of letting my girl to try for P1 admission next year.  For those whose kids are studying there currently, I wish to know more:

1.  How's the teaching approach compared to HK local schools?  I meant does the school promote creativity, out of the box thinking, open-mind?  I want to know if they run the int'l section in bilingual teaching yet they teach like local schools.

2.  Are the english teachers NET?  I have no doubt about their mandarin standard.

3.  Do they send students out for competitions?

4.  Do they encourage student doing sports or doing activities that are less physical demanding?

thanks
daisy17772

14#
發表於 09-4-6 13:14 |只看該作者
My boy has been studying from reception to P1 (coming sept).  What I concern is the acedemic stardard.  From KCIS's website, it said that 8x% students got A*-C.  But most of U (may be better one) in UK accept AAB, or ABB in IGCE.  C is just nothing.  I really want to know how many % of student A and B.

15#
發表於 09-4-6 13:34 |只看該作者
Jajarbin, can you tell me where you read this from the website? I can't find it.

16#
發表於 09-4-6 13:54 |只看該作者
Pianokc,

Take a look at this:
http://www.kcis.edu.hk/Parents/Newsletter/Secondary%2008-09/Newsletter%20No%201%202008.pdf

Jarjarbin,

My daughter is in R2am now and will be going to Renaissance College this coming August.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-6 13:34 發表
Jajarbin, can you tell me where you read this from the website? I can't find it.

17#
發表於 09-4-6 23:06 |只看該作者
Well it doesn't say how many and what % received C's.

What's Renaissance got to do with this?

18#
發表於 09-4-7 08:59 |只看該作者
Hi 琬晴B

My boy is in R1am.  Renaissance is in Ma On Sha.  Far away from KCIS.  Where do you live?  Did you try other ESF school.  I already paid deposit for KCIS P1 and I am thinking to try Quarry bay school in next year because I think the competition may not be as keen as other ESF, esp CWS.

JarJar

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-4-6 13:54 發表
Pianokc,

Take a look at this:
http://www.kcis.edu.hk/Parents/Newsletter/Secondary%2008-09/Newsletter%20No%201%202008.pdf

Jarjarbin,

My daughter is in R2am now and will be going to Renaissance Coll ...

19#
發表於 09-4-7 09:53 |只看該作者
For detailed results, better consult the school.

Sorry for the sidetracking.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-6 23:06 發表
Well it doesn't say how many and what % received C's.

What's Renaissance got to do with this?

20#
發表於 09-4-7 10:07 |只看該作者
I live on Kowloon side and I only applied RCHK for my daughter. Just curious.... why you didn't apply QBS this year. I know some of my daughter's classmates did. Do you put your boy in local stream too?

Again, sorry for the sidetracking. We should stick with the topic.

原帖由 JarJarBin 於 09-4-7 08:59 發表
Hi 琬晴B

My boy is in R1am.  Renaissance is in Ma On Sha.  Far away from KCIS.  Where do you live?  Did you try other ESF school.  I already paid deposit for KCIS P1 and I am thinking to try Quarry  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題