用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 URGENT! CIS VS HKIS
查看: 7229|回覆: 24
go

URGENT! CIS VS HKIS

發表於 09-3-22 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
My son got offers from CIS and HKIS. We need to make a decision in the end of this week.  Any comments? Thanks.

發表於 09-3-23 20:14 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-3-23 20:57 |顯示全部帖子
It depends. If you want to have good balance of chinese and english then CIS.

If you want a more international student body and more emphasis on English then HKIS.

發表於 09-3-26 00:13 |顯示全部帖子
Both are good schools.

English is still the main use emphasis in CIS though they have more Chinese sessions. The students from both IS usually continue their further eduation overseas.

Just read from the newspaper, HKIS has been screening for drug abuse in their students for years. It is rather reasurring.

發表於 09-5-11 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
if CIS= Chinese International School,

what does ICS stand for?

tku!!

發表於 09-5-12 20:31 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-5-12 21:25 |顯示全部帖子
tku so much for you reply...

may i know if there are any kids from "ordinary" families go to HKIS/CIS/ICS?? if so, is the number very small??

do most of the kids join its after-school activities? are those extra-activites expensive??

any one can help, pls??

發表於 09-5-13 10:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# patriciatu 的文章

I agree with patriciatu. It depends what you want most. CIS is no doubt that they have stronger Chinese than  HKIS. But I don't think their English level will be weaken.
For me I will choose CIS.

發表於 09-5-13 21:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 RCmommy 於 09-5-12 21:25 發表
tku so much for you reply...

may i know if there are any kids from "ordinary" families go to HKIS/CIS/ICS?? if so, is the number very small??

do most of the kids join its after-school activities? ar ...

I think I am those kind of "Ordinary" Family. My son studies in HKIS. Eventhough some families are very rich, they do not show off and easy to get along with. There are still a number of middle class one. I will say 1/3 is the rich one ( those living  in South area house), 1/3 expat families with school fee paid by company,  1/3 middle class paid on our own.

My son joined the after school activities with no fees. You don't have to pay. It's first come ,first serve. But there are also some other activities you can pay, like palying strings.

發表於 09-5-14 22:47 |顯示全部帖子
hi,emmamay,
thank you for info.

may i know how HKIS prioritize the acceptance of the kids, expect those with debentures will come first?
e.g, if they accept only those who speak english as a first language or from int'l kg? or will they accept kids from local kg?  or acceptance solely depends on the interview performance?

what are the critiria???

appoligize for my numbers of quesions, but i really had no clue!!

please help, anyone??!!

發表於 09-5-15 01:11 |顯示全部帖子
Which one is more difficult to get accepted?  

發表於 09-5-15 16:59 |顯示全部帖子
I believe in recent years it's CIS that is more sought-after.  Heard that it is not too difficult to get into HKIS this year.  Nevertheless both are good schools.

發表於 09-5-15 23:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 RCmommy 於 09-5-14 22:47 發表
hi,emmamay,
thank you for info.

may i know how HKIS prioritize the acceptance of the kids, expect those with debentures will come first?
e.g, if they accept only those who speak english as a first l ...

If the family return from overseas or holding US passport, the kid definitly can go to HKIS. Eventhough the school will suggest those holding company debenture has priority, but personally I think it depends on your child's performance. We do not hold company debenture.  

I am not sure whether HKIS will take any child from local kindergarten, but sure to fluent in English is an advantage.  

And most important, you must fill in the application form very CAREFULLY.  There is a form, particularly asking some questions about what do you feel and your opinion of the school and your child. We spend a lot of time to fill in those question very carefully.The school does ask in every detail. They even ask what schools the parents study.  It's better to study what HKIS philosophy is. Take a look of the school website.

發表於 09-5-17 21:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Ramama 於 09-5-15 16:59 發表
I believe in recent years it's CIS that is more sought-after.  Heard that it is not too difficult to get into HKIS this year.  Nevertheless both are good schools.

thanks.

發表於 09-5-18 17:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 13# emmamay 的文章

emmamay,
Thank you again!!

發表於 09-5-20 12:23 |顯示全部帖子
emmommy,
can you share with us which kidergarten did your child study in? And what was the language used during the interview? Should the child show good command of English in the interview?

發表於 09-5-20 21:25 |顯示全部帖子
Sara09
Pls check pm.

發表於 09-5-23 11:12 |顯示全部帖子
Dear emmommy,

Hope you've made a decision on your school of choice.  may I also ask what type of school did you child attend?

Many thanks

發表於 09-5-28 00:11 |顯示全部帖子
CIS!!! kids chinese are much better than the others

發表於 09-5-28 14:06 |顯示全部帖子
trinity,

ARe your child studying in CIS?
can you share with us ?