搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS vs Victoria
發新帖
查看: 2242|回覆: 10
go

SIS vs Victoria [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-11 17:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter is now in K1 at Victoria Kornhill and has been accepted by both Victoria Belcher's and SIS, would like to see if you have any experience/comment to share....thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-11 18:30 |只看該作者
Isn't there a K2 in Victoria Kornhill?   Why do you want to change?   Presuming you live in the Northern part of Hong Kong, isn't it a bit too much for a little girl to travel all the way to the West for school??

As for Victoria vs SIS, that will depend whether which primary school you want to go to.   I know it's relatively easy to get into Victoria Shanghai Academy, but for SIS, only very limited space is available in P1.

3#
發表於 09-6-12 12:39 |只看該作者
It takes an hour and 10 min. from Taikoo Shing to SIS if taking school bus (2nd stop).

Victoria is a happy school. Students there can learn happily. I guess the cirricumlum may be easier and homework is less. I also agree it may be easier to get in. There is still no track record on whether the school (primary and secondary) is good or not. I also heard that students speak Cantonese in school.

For SIS, the PY cirriculum is not that difficult, but I heard starting from P1, there will be more homework and tests and exams. The curriculum is not easy. It takes much time for kids to study. The pressure is higher. In SIS, I heard all kids must speak English. Kids' English and Mandarin skills improved significantly compared to previous school.

So it depends on what learning style you want for your kids.

4#
發表於 09-6-13 00:42 |只看該作者

回覆 3# OKPLEASE 的文章

The SIS school bus pick up time in Island East is about 7:10am and the class will start at 8:10am. Considering the traffic condition in the early morning, the time needed for travelling  is most probably less than half an hour. Students will assemble in the gymnasium/muti-purpose room for silent reading while waiting for the lession to start.

Students can speak English and PTH but not Cantonese in school.

5#
發表於 09-6-13 23:13 |只看該作者
Hi,
so the school bus actually will arrive ard 8:00am? do u hv any idea abt the bus travelling from hung hom? it pick up at 7:20AM, the travelling time is abt 40 mins i guess?

is ur child currently study in SIS now? my son is enrolled for PY1.

thanks for sharing!

原帖由 一條毛 於 09-6-13 00:42 發表
The SIS school bus pick up time in Island East is about 7:10am and the class will start at 8:10am. Considering the traffic condition in the early morning, the time needed for travelling  is most proba ...

6#
發表於 09-6-14 10:07 |只看該作者
Ai... my son also accepted by PY1...

7#
發表於 09-6-14 22:11 |只看該作者
My son is in P1 of SIS. Sorry that I have no idea of travelling time from Hunghom to SIS. I just double checked with my son. He said they usually arrive the gymnasium before 8:00a.m.. They then have assembly/silent reading. PY2 students will get together in the multi-purpose room. They may have a movie to watch. Lessons will start at 8:30a.m.. PY1 students will also get together in the multi-purpose room at about 12.00 noon and class will start at 12:30p.m.. PY2 students will go home at 12 o'clock noon. PY1 students will go home at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. This is the same as primary students and secondary students, but P2 to P3 will sometimes stay over at school for camp but P4 to P6 will go out of the school sometimes for camp. P1 and PY do not have camp. P1 to S2 will have more lessons for eg. swimming. P1 to P3  will have French lessons. PY have only Chinese and English lessons but sometimes English lessons have a bit of math in them. P1 have more homework than PY. Chinese is the subject that makes the most homework. Sometimes there is one week that has no homework (exam-week), then the next week has normal time homework (normal week of school). There is usually 3 homework sheets a week. My son usually takes half an hour at the most to finish his homework. Math has an intermediate amount of homework. They usually have math homework once a week. He usually finish in 15min. Sometimes P1 have E-assignments. Engish homework is very rare.

\\\ there will be more homework and tests and exams. The curriculum is not easy. It takes much time for kids to study. The pressure is higher\\\

That might be true but I don't think it is very bad at all. They might have exams but they have recess and lunch. Also, exam is FUN!-unless you are very nervous. On exam week the school day is cut in half. It is very easy to study-so WHO CARES??!! My classmates are very happy in school. The school teachers are very nice but you still have to be good! There are nice things to eat. PY have field trips. When I was in PY1, my class teachers took my class to Wetland Park. PY2 teachers took us to Ocean Park. If you like it, then you're in the right school!
P.S. This was written (including this note) by a 7 year old P1 child studying in SIS.

Disclaimer: From the 4th sentence, this contribution is my son's idea. He said and I typed. He also do the proof-reading. At the late part, he actually took up my seat and do the typing himself. It is up to the reader whether to trust the words of a 7 yr old child or not!

原帖由 sunflowersg 於 09-6-13 23:13 發表
Hi,
so the school bus actually will arrive ard 8:00am? do u hv any idea abt the bus travelling from hung hom? it pick up at 7:20AM, the travelling time is abt 40 mins i guess?

is ur child currently s ...

[ 本帖最後由 一條毛 於 09-6-14 23:11 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 09-6-15 00:16 |只看該作者
do you mind to share where did your son attend nursery/kindergarten before entering SIS?

原帖由 一條毛 於 09-6-14 22:11 發表
My son is in P1 of SIS. Sorry that I have no idea of travelling time from Hunghom to SIS. I just double checked with my son. He said they usually arrive the gymnasium before 8:00a.m.. They then have a ...
怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居

9#
發表於 09-6-15 01:26 |只看該作者
My son was in Darling Child Kindergarten from nursery to K1 before attending SIS. Unfortunately, it was closed down 1 year ago.

原帖由 KarieWu 於 09-6-15 00:16 發表
do you mind to share where did your son attend nursery/kindergarten before entering SIS?

10#
發表於 09-6-15 11:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 09-6-15 15:12 |只看該作者
Thank u and ur son so much for such detailed info!! ur son is such a helpful boy to mummy!! :) it is much appreciated!!! now i hv more idea abt the school life there!!

THanks again!!

原帖由 一條毛 於 09-6-14 22:11 發表
My son is in P1 of SIS. Sorry that I have no idea of travelling time from Hunghom to SIS. I just double checked with my son. He said they usually arrive the gymnasium before 8:00a.m.. They then have a ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題